Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

My buddie-list is gone  :~(
Is it to be found somewhere else or gone forever?

AGA

I turned it off because I didn't think anyone was using it.  It's back on now though.

Tabata

YAY - its back :cheesy:

Cool!- You are incredibly fast - Thanks! :-D

AGA

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 30/04/2012 21:51:31
YAY - its back :cheesy:

Cool!- You are incredibly fast - Thanks! :-D

It was a matter of ticking one box - took seconds!

UTF-8 should also work now, so all strange foreign symbols (like in my custom text) should work.

Tabata

Yes, all the Signs have been corrected now back to normal, also in some usernames.

But all the avatars in the PM's are invisible now.
When hoovering with the cursor over the aerea, the link to the users profile is still there, only the pic isn't to be seen.

AGA

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 30/04/2012 22:34:57
Yes, all the Signs have been corrected now back to normal, also in some usernames.

But all the avatars in the PM's are invisible now.
When hoovering with the cursor over the aerea, the link to the users profile is still there, only the pic isn't to be seen.

Works for me.  Check again in case it was a temporary glitch? CTRL + SHIFT + R to completely refresh?

Ryan Timothy B

Sorry what's the purpose of the buddies list exactly? Does it have any advantages?

Tabata

Quote from: AGA on Mon 30/04/2012 23:31:54
Works for me.  Check again in case it was a temporary glitch? CTRL + SHIFT + R to completely refresh?

Nope, sorry:

... and only the pm's are affected (in- and out-box)

Edit:
btw. ~ Will we get those comfortable bbc buttons? I am still missing those, too.

Edit2:
The avatars are back in my pm's now!     :cheesy:

Ryan Timothy B

What happened to the New graphics? It reverted back to the blue one.

Jared

I don't want to be alarmist, but could there be a fault with the ignore list system? Dualnames came up as 'ignored' in a thread just then and I'm certain I wouldn't have done that. In fact, took a quick look there and I have no idea how to even ignore anyone lol. Quite strange.

Tabata

@Jared
The ignore list is the second register of your buddy list in “modify profile”.
If you place someone in there, his posts should be hidden for you.

Edit:
I tested it and it works for me.

Here's an example, how to be done:
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9053/ignorel.png

Khris

Is the search function broken right now? Looks that way.
Also, the link to this thread in the forum header ("so please report any problems here.") still leads to the first page, not the latest post. I know it's temporary and stuff, but I end up in the middle of the page and have to scroll to get to the link to the last page.

AGA

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 28/04/2012 17:54:13
There's a real issue with using the drop down menus on a mobile phone. Since half of them have a direct link when you click on the drop down title. The only way around it is by holding down on it for a bit until it drops down. But in the process I get the "Open link in a new window" etc etc pop up on my mobile browser. So yes, I can technically get to anything within a drop down, but only if I knew that these were more than just menu links - and if I was a person smart enough to hold down on it, then press away to have the browser actions disappear.

If you're wondering what phone I'm using, I'm embarrassed to admit it's a Windows Phone 7. But not for long, I have plans to buy an Android phone within the next couple weeks. ;)

To come back to this a while later, unfortunately the first link currently always has to be clickable, and I can't work out how to make that not be true.

Quote from: Khris on Tue 01/05/2012 09:10:35
Is the search function broken right now? Looks that way.
Also, the link to this thread in the forum header ("so please report any problems here.") still leads to the first page, not the latest post. I know it's temporary and stuff, but I end up in the middle of the page and have to scroll to get to the link to the last page.

Fixed.

Does anyone else have any bug reports / feature requests to make now?  I've read back through this thread, and I think everything has been addressed now.

Hudders

It's still not possible for me to see my profile information. As before, I can only see "Modify Profile".

Tabata

Sadly AGA didn't answer my question whether he understood what I was trying to explain about that earlier.
But those missing links are the reason for some of us normal users can't see their own summary Profile
(and it has nothing to do with the themes/design chosen).

Okay, okay â€" I know, that I am a very “special kind of” user  ;) , but I think my account settings are those of a normal user (mainly)
I showed pics “like hell” and you now know about some others who are missing the same sections
(Stupot and straydogstrut) and also about Ryan, who seems to have the sections/links like I do.

I really don't know how to tell it in other words/pics and it makes me mad not to be able to help â€" sorry guys.  :~(

The only positive about it:
The community won't loose members because you are not able to delete your account as long as you are missing the link/section for that

~ sorry - I couldn't withstand to write this, too ~

Hudders

I know you're trying to help, Tabata and I appreciate it but I think you may have accidentally given AGA the impression that it was fixed when in fact it's never been broken for you.

AGA

Sorry, I meant to say in the last email that I was going to look into the whole profile issue.  I meant does anyone have any problems apart from that?

Snarky

I'd very kindly like BB-Code buttons, too!

AGA

WYSIWYG is actually enabled by default, but it never seems to have worked for us.  I'll keep tinkering, but I can't guarantee it'll ever work.

Snarky

I don't really care about a true wysiwyg editor, just buttons/drop-downs to insert the bb-code tags into the message. The ones I don't use a lot (font, size, color, alignment, for example) I always have to look up (the link to the reference page is also gone, BTW), and even lists would be a lot easier with buttons. Just have a look at the Adventure Gamers forums to see what I'm talking about.

Oh, that reminds me: they also support keyboard shortcuts, so that you can select a piece of your text and just press Ctrl-B or Ctrl-I to bold or italicize it. That would be also be very nice to have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk