Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Yeah, that all comes under the WYSIWYG heading on SMF.  You can add or remove certain options, but if WYSIWYG ain't workin', none of it will.  I'm trying to get to the bottom of why it's broken though.

Snarky

That's annoying, 'cause buttons to insert tags are trivial to whip up in javascript. If you can't get it to work, at least it wouldn't be a ton of work to reimplement ourselves.

AGA

Chances are we just accidentally set some flag somewhere that disabled it.  I'll see what I can see later tonight.

Narushima

So, is there anything you (admins) can do about some of us not being able to see their own profile ?
Whichever header I click on under the "profile" drop-down menu, I land on the "modify profile" tab, and that's the only one available. One of them is different, though, but that's not much of a consolation.

AGA

I have already said I will look into it.

Narushima

Sorry, I just skimmed over the previous posts and thought I'd read that you needed to know more.

Khris

Some of the codeblock CSS and the syntax highlighting are gone.
Codeblocks are still in a fixed-width, small font and selectable, but that's it.

AGA

No idea how that happened, perhaps it was when I was fiddling the other day.  Could you take a look please, Darth?

Victor6

Not sure if this is a bug or someone with a habit for deleting the subject line.

Maybe lock the subject line?

AGA

Don't think it's a bug.  I'll look at forcing people to include a subject.

arj0n

Now we have a beautiful new set of smiley's:
Will adventuregamestudio.co.uk get a new favicon too?
The current one looks a bit ugly.... :-X

AGA

Quote from: Victor6 on Wed 02/05/2012 10:17:38
Not sure if this is a bug or someone with a habit for deleting the subject line.

Maybe lock the subject line?

The subject line cannot be left blank.  However, "Re:  " is not technically a blank.  I'll PM this person and ask them to stop being silly.

Quote from: »Arj0n« on Wed 02/05/2012 12:06:45

If someone draws it, sure.

tzachs

Deu2000's signature is cut in the middle (chrome):

AGA

That's probably because sigs have a height limit, which that bunny goes over.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: AGA on Wed 02/05/2012 08:29:17No idea how that happened, perhaps it was when I was fiddling the other day.  Could you take a look please, Darth?
Just saw this.  Will take a look.

Quote from: Khris on Wed 02/05/2012 08:25:33Some of the codeblock CSS and the syntax highlighting are gone.
Codeblocks are still in a fixed-width, small font and selectable, but that's it.
Can you give me some details on what it's supposed to look like?  And what do you mean by syntax highlighting?

AGA

Syntax highlighting will definitely be different from 1.16, as I've installed this mod.  It obviously doesn't support AGS, but someone could probably make it do so if they were willing to take the time.

Tabata

Quote from: »Arj0n« on Wed 02/05/2012 12:06:45

I am still in love with

+ maybe animating the coat a bit for the coolness of it?

Also  is still missing on the board.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 02/05/2012 18:29:09Also  is still missing on the board.

No... it's not O0 **giggle** (puke)

Khris

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 02/05/2012 17:28:10
Quote from: Khris on Wed 02/05/2012 08:25:33Some of the codeblock CSS and the syntax highlighting are gone.
Can you give me some details on what it's supposed to look like?  And what do you mean by syntax highlighting?

Code used to have a light grey background IIRC, and lines at the top and bottom. And the syntax highlighting was already fine; not exactly the same as in AGS though.
The German Maniac-Mansion-Mania forum has AGS highlighting, and they use SMF too (example post).
Maybe we could borrow that part of their custom config? I pretty sure Endres built it, I'll ask him.

Darth Mandarb

Okay... the code CSS should be fixed (very strange issue; I have no idea how it was removed).

Code: ags
Code is cool!

As for the syntax formatting; somebody with more AGS coding experience than I will have to take a look at that (and which module to install/modify).

I'm happy to work with somebody on it though 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk