Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

I looked at the A-Z list, but there's no option to sort by date.   :sad:

straydogstrut

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 08/05/2012 22:34:40
I looked at the A-Z list, but there's no option to sort by date.   :sad:

Clicky clicky where it says 'released' :wink:

Not that obvious, but all the columns on the A-Z page are sortable.

Frodo

Quote from: straydogstrut on Tue 08/05/2012 22:42:26
Clicky clicky where it says 'released' :wink:

Not that obvious, but all the columns on the A-Z page are sortable.

Ahhhh, thankies.   :cheesy:

I thought the A-Z list would just list the games alphabetically (hence being called A-Z list   :tongue:

I'd like to request that the link to browse games by date be added in the column on the right please.  Either in the 'Browse' section, or above the 'Browse' section.   :smiley:

And for anyone else looking for it, it's here
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Digest?pageNumber=1&sortBy=ReleaseDate&sortDesc=True

Ryan Timothy B

I've noticed it's still missing and was mentioned earlier. How are you supposed to get the forum name from someone? There's the visible name and the forum name. It's needed for the games page, unless you've changed how that works.

Gilbert

Yeah, as I mentioned before, this is very annoying as I used to use people's log-in handles instead of their (changeable) nicks in the Hall of Fame entries. This is essential for tracking whether several competitions are won by the same person. :tongue:

Also, don't know whether this is mentioned already, the highlighting of the first unread post of a thread still does not work as what it used to be. When the first unread post is the first post of a page (happens when well, that post is indeed the first one on a new page, or the whole thread is new) it won't be highlighted atm. This is very confusing.

Babar

From Icey's latest name-change, I realised you can no longer see a person's original forum name (what they signed up with) by moving the mouse over their name, and their original name doesn't show on their profile either.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Dualnames

I'll always know.

Babloyi.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Hudders

Every page except the last one in a thread is missing the footer. There's a database error there instead.

AGA

Quote from: Babar on Wed 09/05/2012 08:21:18
From Icey's latest name-change, I realised you can no longer see a person's original forum name (what they signed up with) by moving the mouse over their name, and their original name doesn't show on their profile either.

It should do on their profile.  If they have a changed name their original name will be in brackets after the current name.

Quote from: Hudders on Wed 09/05/2012 09:38:51
Every page except the last one in a thread is missing the footer. There's a database error there instead.

I've been working on a new feature today and yesterday, so there may be a few random errors like that from time to time.  Shouldn't last too long though.

TomatoesInTheHead

Quote from: AGA on Wed 09/05/2012 13:14:47
Quote from: Babar on Wed 09/05/2012 08:21:18
It should do on their profile.  If they have a changed name their original name will be in brackets after the current name.
Probably only for moderators/admins?

If I look at Icey's profile here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?action=profile;area=summary;u=9989 there is only the name "Noctis"

AGA

Okay, I see "Noctis (icey games)".  I'll try to make sure it applies to all users soon then.

Khris

Rocco has uploaded the language file for AGS/SMF/GeSHi: clicky here
The readme does mention a second zip-file; I've already asked him about it and will post it too, if it is needed.

AGA

This is actually an SMF 1.1x package, not SMF 2.  Plus as you said, another zip is missing - this one doesn't actually include the CSS used to style the tag, it just sets up the tag itself.

Ryan Timothy B

I just had a quick error when I tried to access the Forum Reports sub forum.

PHP Warning:  require_once(C:\Web\AGS\yabb\Sources\Load.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Web\AGS\yabb\index.php on line 53
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\Web\AGS\yabb\Sources/Load.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\Web\AGS\yabb\index.php on line 53

It had no issues a second later when I tried again.

AGA

I've been fiddling with the forum source today, so it would have been throwing random errors at times.  Should be fine now though.  All users should be able to see users' original username now too.

LTGiants2000

I was seeing random PHP errors throughout the day today (bored at work so spending time here, I love it!). Seems ok now.

Ryan Timothy B

Next time you're playing around with the forum, could you change the area where you assign your avatar. Adding the size to the text that's currently there:

Specify your own avatar by URL (size: 120 x 120)

Khris

AGA

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 10/05/2012 05:41:36
Next time you're playing around with the forum, could you change the area where you assign your avatar. Adding the size to the text that's currently there:

Specify your own avatar by URL (size: 120 x 120)

Done.

TomatoesInTheHead

Somewhat related to the forum upgrade, albeit not a suggestion for the forum itself:
For those who want to see avatars in their original size if they're smaller than 120x120px (and have a browser capable of interpreting the max-width/max-height attribute), this seems to work fine in current versions of Firefox at least:
Search for the file userContent.css, and add the lines:
Code: ags

@-moz-document domain(adventuregamestudio.co.uk) {
li.avatar a img.avatar {width:auto !important; height:auto !important; max-height:120px; max-width:120px;}
div#basicinfo div div img.avatar {width:auto !important; height:auto !important;}
}

The second line overrides the mandatory scaling and replaces it with a maximum size (aspect ratio is kept automatically), the third line lets you display avatars in their original size on the profile pages if you wish that (e.g., Dualnames' Bladerunner scene shows up there in all its 500px wide glory). The first line ensures that these options only affect the AGS site.
While you're at it, if you haven't done it yet, you might also want to add the line
Code: ags
img.bbc_img[src$=".png"], img.bbc_img[src$=".gif"], img.bbc_img[src$=".PNG"], img.bbc_img[src$=".GIF"] {image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges;}

to remove the blurriness from upscaled screenshots or pixel-art in the Critics Lounge.

Edit: Oh, this second bit might as well work as a suggestion for the forums. Here it was suggested a while ago to make a new [pixelart][/pixelart] bbcode to post images that don't get blurry, since the above CSS is only a heuristic substitution that may affect also some photos where smooth interpolation is desired. Now is a good time to bring that up again. Is it doable? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk