Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudders

If it is do-able, making it so that a [pixelart] object is presented twice: once at original size and again at 4x, would be perfect.  :-D

Snarky

Eh, 4x isn't always the right size for the upscaled version.  :-\

I think a better idea would be to make the pixelart images dynamically rescalable, with little buttons for 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X..  (nod)

Hey, I see we have wysiwyg formatting buttons now! Excellent! Cheers, AGA!  :-*

Khris

How about [pixel=3x]url_to_pic[/pixel]?

Bavolis

Currently, there seems to be a glitch in resizing images through the IMG tag. It's returning an error message:  "IMAGE BLOCKED - http://www.bloodlustsoftware.com/kc1.png"

The board code has the following in it:  img width=640 height=480

I'm pretty sure the issue is new this weekend, because I recall seeing the screens working a day or two ago. I verified that other GIP threads using resizing were having the same problem. If it's intentional, I'm happy to take the resize off.

Ryan Timothy B

If I were to bet, I'd say they are working on blocking BMP images from loading and somehow it's affecting yours.

It's probably them working on the pixel image enlarging.

Khris

I guess that images are blocked based on the size of the original image.
The two images in my signature are 50px high but apparently, that's too big for signatures.

AGA

This was me trying to block bmp images.  Where exactly was it affecting you guys though?  Because it didn't seem to be doing anything to me...

Tabata

I changed size of a png and a gif in my signature and had the prob.

AGA

Quote from: Khris on Thu 10/05/2012 07:13:30
@AGA:
Here's the one with the keywords: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ft9apnf56vaysyy/ags_geshi.zip

Okay, so this is now installed.  The tag is [ code=ags ] (or choose ags from the BBCode 'Code' selector at the top of the post area).  Seems to be working fine.

However, this unfortunately removes the plain old [ code ] tag, which means that I'll have to at some point go through the database converting all the plain code tags to [ code=ags ]es.

Ryan Timothy B

Why does it remove the [code] tag? Wouldn't it be better to make the new style use that extension instead of making a new one that has more characters to type in? Confused.

AGA

It's not as easy as you might think.  This uses a library called GeSHi, which provides highlighting for hundreds of languages.  I may be able to hack the mod to make AGS the default, but I ain't promisin' nothin'.

AGA

Quote from: Khris on Sat 12/05/2012 16:15:33
How about [pixel=3x]url_to_pic[/pixel]?

I really don't want to write this myself, however I found a zoomy plugin that does something along these lines.  Check out [ imgzoom ] image url [ /imgzoom ]:

[imgzoom]http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/Smileys/AGS/lvsmiley.gif[/imgzoom]

(hover to zoom)

Khris

Cool, would it be possible to customize the factors? I was thinking x3 instead of x8.

The ags highlighting is almost perfect, it looks like "void" was omitted from the keywords list though.

Also, all Firefox/Chrome users, here's the fixed userContent.css (thanks to TomatoesInTheHead):
Code: css
@-moz-document domain(adventuregamestudio.co.uk) {
	li.avatar a img.avatar {
		width:auto !important;
		height:auto !important;
		max-height:120px;
		max-width:120px;
	}
	div.post img[src$=".png"], div.post img[src$=".gif"], div.post img[src$=".PNG"], div.post img[src$=".GIF"] {
		image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges;
	}
}

(No squashed/stretched avatars, nearest-neighbor scaling of images in posts.)

AGA

Quote from: Khris on Sun 13/05/2012 20:40:00
Cool, would it be possible to customize the factors? I was thinking x3 instead of x8.

It now does x1, x2, x3 and x4.  Is that what you meant?

The ags highlighting is almost perfect, it looks like "void" was omitted from the keywords list though.

Code: ags
void a_variable;

Khris

Great, thanks!

Just noticed that "float" is missing, too:
float a_float;

Ryan Timothy B

#define TESTING 10 //this is a define

It's got a slight issue with the define and a following comment. ;)

Anyway I like it. Good work AGA and whoever else. It's definitely nice to look at script now.

Snarky

Code: css
@-moz-document domain(adventuregamestudio.co.uk) {
	div.post img[src$=".png"], div.post img[src$=".gif"], div.post img[src$=".PNG"], div.post img[src$=".GIF"] {
		image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges;
	}
}

(nearest-neighbor scaling of images in posts.)

Is it possible to add this to the forum stylesheet (or even only to [imgzoom] images) so that people don't have to go in and hack their FF settings to view the forum properly? As long as most readers won't see the upscaled versions sharp, I feel like I'll still have to provide manually upscaled versions.

AGA

Bear in mind that this will only affect the browsers that support this Mozilla standard, rather than all.

I've done it now, but I'm not sure I agree with only showing avatars at their 'natural' size, as this makes it look a little weird as the avatar sizes change as you go through a thread.  I've left the auto sizing bit out for now.

Snarky

How is it handled in Chrome/Safari (WebKit), IE and Opera?

AGA

image-rendering:optimizeSpeed;             /* Legal fallback                 */
image-rendering:-moz-crisp-edges;          /* Firefox                        */
image-rendering:-o-crisp-edges;            /* Opera                          */
image-rendering:-webkit-optimize-contrast; /* Chrome (and eventually Safari) */
image-rendering:optimize-contrast;         /* CSS3 Proposed                  */
-ms-interpolation-mode:nearest-neighbor;   /* IE8+                           */

apparently.  I have no idea how how decide which to use for each browser though.  Can any web design people give advice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk