Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

The forum had a good questionnaire for joining before, but apparently it has not been implemented for the new one yet. I dont wonder, since it's a "special feature", but I hope they implement it soon to control the spambots.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Hudders

The breadcrumb links, (at the top of the page e.g. "AGS Forums >> AGS Development >> Bug Reports & Site / Forum Reports") don't work because they're running into eachother.

EDIT: Nevermind, should have read the other post first.

AGA

My test forum was basically a 1:1 copy of the old forums, with all the little hacks and features transferred.  However I had a last minute problem yesterday which meant that all that stuff was lost.  I will rebuild ASAP.  Also, please use the thread linked in the header for feedback on the new forums!

arj0n

Quote from: kaputtnik on Thu 26/04/2012 08:58:53
Not sure if this is my browser (Mozilla 11) or the forums, but the category path links have stopped working (as in  AGS Forums » AGS Development » Bug Reports & Site / Forum Reports)
Same with FF12 and IE9, seems like  the category path links haven't been 'connected'.

cat

What does the Buddy List do?

AGA

Okay, a CAPTCHA has been installed, so hopefully the bot problem will decrease.  I'll get to the other stuff as I get the chance, just thought this was a priority.

Hudders

Quote from: cat on Thu 26/04/2012 09:59:43
What does the Buddy List do?

The only thing I can see is that in the member list at the bottom of the page, your buddies are shown in bold font.

AGA

I've also installed a bot screening thing on registration, and have deleted all the members registered since the forums went live again. Apologies if I deleted someone's genuine account, but all the names looked like random nonsense to me.

AGA

And now the registration quiz is back in.  It's completely out of date of course, but that's something for another day.

Snarky

Let's just merge the threads!

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 26/04/2012 02:33:19
forum links (right above posts) are acting very strange (I think an anchor tag was left unclosed or something)

I believe this might be caused by the link in the news above it not being closed properly "so please report any problems here<a/>"
the <a/> should obviously be

AGA

Whoops!  Fixed that now, thanks.

AGA

Also fixed the centre align.  That was caused by an unclosed div.

Ali

In the main forum view, the name of the most recent poster appears above the thread link.

Was it always like that? I keep accidentally clicking people's profiles in stead of opening threads.

Stupot

The best thing about this upgrade is I now have the option to view the forum properly from my mobile rather than being forced to view it in wap mode. Weirdly, the text is left-aligned when viewing from mobile :-)

pcj

The center align has been fixed. ;)
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Khris

Two suggestions regarding the stylesheet:

blockquotes have a font-size of 11px, which is a good deal larger than the old style, which I really liked. Maybe 10px instead, or even 9px?

The .post class has a min-height of 120px, which blows up short posts unnecessarily. Maybe a margin-bottom: 1em; instead?

Edit: Also, I just noticed that clicking a link doesn't open it in a new window/tab by default.

Arboris

What's with this new fangled forum design? I DO NOT COPE WELL WITH CHANGE!

seriously tho, it does look quite nice, altho it's quite a bit bigger then the old one.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

monkey0506

I know that quite a few people have mentioned it, but seriously not having the breadcrumb links working is making the forums nearly unbrowsable for me (I either have to go "Home" or "Jump to" the forum...ugh ;)). Please fix it! :=

Beyond that, it's certainly different. Seems less stylistic than the old forums, but certainly has a more modern feeling to it.

AGA

The breadcrumbs now work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk