Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Nitpicking.

I usually browse with javascript turned off.
This way, I can't check what's written inside "hide" tags.

Spoiler
This, for example, is unreadable without turning javascript on, as you can't select the hidden text.
[close]

Narushima

Can't you define the forum as an exception in your browser's settings ?

bicilotti

Quote from: Narushima on Fri 04/05/2012 19:44:21
Can't you define the forum as an exception in your browser's settings ?

Yes using iceweasel (with the help of noscript); no using w3m.
In general, I am a little bit wary of javascript only functionalities which can break the content for a "js not enabled" browser.

I want to stress that I am probably one of only two forumers having this problem (the other being dasjoe). No simple fix means I will live with it.

AGA

I have JS disabled by default in Firefox, using NoScript.  The only reason I used this one rather than doing it the way it used to be is that this way it's one click and the spoiler stays visible, whereas with the "highlight to see" method it used to use, that's not true.

Ali

Does anyone know where the Post a Cool Video thread went during the cultural revolution / forum upgrade?

Also, in looking for it I found that the Search function rejects searches including one-letter words. Couldn't it just ignore them instead of forcing me to delete "a"?

LimpingFish

Quote from: Ali on Sat 05/05/2012 21:17:59
Does anyone know where the Post a Cool Video thread went during the cultural revolution / forum upgrade?
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?PHPSESSID=900k72565gegel9trmv8bgfq90opic=30502.0

Anything that was in "Popular Threads" is likely to be in "The Rumpus Room".
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

AGA

If you want to use single letters you need to enclose the search term in quote marks. I have just installed something that should make searches more effective though.

Ali

Thanks, somehow I couldn't find it in the Rumpus Room. Me forgetting what it was called may have been a factor...

subspark

The code tag is broken.  :(

Code: ags

Fix me please.

AGA

Quote from: subspark on Sun 06/05/2012 10:19:46
The code tag is broken.  :(

Code: ags

Fix me please.

It was broken overnight, because I was experimenting and got too tired to finish before bed.

AGA

Okay, so all users should be able to see their own profile summary now.

Dualnames

Nitpicking:

location in the summary, has the L in lowercase. Instead of Location, it's location.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

monkey0506

The built-in script header is included in the source code at AGS.Editor\Resources\agsdefns.sh, so  you'll need that, along with the info from the Script Language Keywords page in the manual. This should be it:

Quote#defines (macros), #ifdef, #ifndef, #ifver, #ifnver, #error (gray background) (couldn't figure out a better way of setting background-color)

comments (green)

numbers (dark red)

operators (dark green):
!
/
%
+
-
<<
>>
&
|
^
==
!=
>
<
>=
<=
&&
||

data types and misc keywords (blue):
attribute
bool
char
else
enum
export
false
float
function
if
import
int
noloopcheck
null
protected
short
static
struct
this
true
while
writeprotected

structs and enums (teal):
Alignment
AudioChannel
AudioClip
AudioFileType
AudioPriority
AudioType
BlockingStyle
Button
ChangeVolumeType
Character
ColorType
CursorMode
CutsceneSkipType
DateTime
Dialog
DialogOptionSayStyle
DialogOptionsRenderingInfo
DialogOptionState
Direction
DrawingSurface
DynamicSprite
eCDAudioFunction
eFlipDirection
eKeyCode
eOperatingSystem
eSpeechStyle
EventType
eVoiceMode
File
FileMode
FontType
Game
GameState
GUI
GUIControl
Hotspot
InventoryItem
InvWindow
Label
ListBox
LocationType
Maths
Mouse
MouseButton
Object
Overlay
Parser
Region
RepeatStyle
Room
RoundDirection
Slider
String
System
TextBox
TransitionStyle
VideoSkipStyle
ViewFrame
WalkWhere

As far as the SMF side of things I don't have any experience there, but if you can figure out how to create a custom lexer then this should get you started.

Monsieur OUXX

EDIT: Useless post. I didn't notice hwo old was the message I was commenting.

Hudders

Quote from: AGA on Mon 07/05/2012 19:51:50

While true, the "delete account" option is still missing.

(not that I want to delete my account, you understand...)

Tabata

They don't trust in us anymore!  :-\
I have had this option before and now lost it.

AGA

I've completely overhauled the user groups today.  I removed the ability for users to delete their own accounts because I thought it was unneccesary.  However, since it's apparently upset so many of you, I've reenabled it.

Narushima

Quote from: AGA on Mon 07/05/2012 19:51:50
Thank you very much.
Now will we soon be able to fill in some informations as before for the different 'offer your services' icons ?

Frodo

We used to be able to browse games, with newest\most recent at the top.  Is there any way to still do that?   :confused:

Ryan Timothy B

Just click on the A-Z list on the right column and sort by date. I do agree this is a little difficult to find. It should be within the browse section.

Or sorted above the Browse on the right column.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk