Forum Theme Contest #1 (28 April - 1 June 2012)

Started by Darth Mandarb, Sat 28/04/2012 20:43:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

28 April - 1 June 2012

To inaugurate the launch of the new website/forums (AGS got a make-over!) we have decided to open up a contest to create new themes for the forums!

Yes, that's right, you could design a theme that could grace the AGS forums.  Countless thousands of users could marvel at your design prowess!!

So what does it take to be a super-star theme designer?
  • You must know how to create/install your own SMF Themes (not just photoshop mockups!)
  • You must have a test-server (running SMF v2.0.2) setup where you can create your theme
Why do we do it this way?

Honestly?  Creating a theme is a LOT of work.  If you've never done it before you will probably underestimate just how much work is required to customize your own theme!  Because we (obviously) can't give every contestant admin-level access to the AGS boards this is why this contest requires you to have a test-server set up to create your own theme(s) so that, should you win the contest, it's just a matter of uploading your theme to AGS and voila!  We have a new theme!

Theme Design Guidelines

The sky is the limit really!!  You can make it based off a well-known adventure game (AGS made or other) or just make it stylized as you want!  The only restriction is it must be based off the Curve 2.0 theme.  The rest is up to you!  Just remember, the more "mass appeal" you achieve, the more likely you are to win :)

Helpful Links:
Contest Rules:
  • The theme must be based off the Curve 2.0 theme (doesn't have to resemble it at all, just based off that template)
  • Your theme must be completed by the contest deadline
  • You must provide three screenshots showing your theme's best assets (recommended are the main boards index, the threads index, and the thread display pages)
  • It is recommended that you also setup your webserver/SMF to allow for guest access so people can view your theme "live" but this is not required
So how is the winner decided?

The winner(s) will be decided by community vote!  If there are enough entries, or the vote is close enough (or a tie), more than one theme could be chosen for inclusion!  However, if there aren't more than 3 entries the contest deadline may be extended or the contest may simply be terminated all together.

Feel free to use this thread to post Works in Progress as well as mockups and concepts!

As mentioned; creating a theme is a LOT of work!  Please be sure you can commit the time necessary to create a theme if you intend to enter this contest!

Peder 🚀

Here is my current WIP: http://work.pederjohnsen.com/forum/
The forum logo and some icons are just placeholders!

The theme is inspired by my own AGS Archives.
(On a side note, if anyone is in need of a live server may I suggest using the www.agser.me services for this!)

[edit]
Because nobody else has shown interest I've decided to not spend anymore time on my theme atm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk