- Post on the appropriate topic for the appropriate module/plugin. However don't necropost for no good reason.
- Make sure the question is not answered anywhere on the topic. Most modules/plugins also contain demo games or some sort of documentation.
CREATING A NEW TOPIC
- If you have your own module/plugin that you want to place here to share with the community, feel free to do so. It is suggested that you format the topic title in the following way: <MODULE/PLUGIN:> <name> <version> - <Optional short description>
MODULE: Tween v1.5 RC 1 - A programming module
- Always remember that this board is about modules and plugins, don't ask for help about a technical problem concerning AGS. This is what the Beginners and Technical Support boards are about.
- Don't request the creation of a module/plugin here. Use the search function or browse the list of script modules, what you're looking for may already exist.
- Download should include at least the .scm module file & documentation if it's a module, and the .dll plugin file & documentation if it's a plugin.
- A demo game is optional, though strongly encouraged.
- Zip/Rar format is preferred
- State which version of AGS it was written for
- Finally, add your module to the list of script modules
in the AGS Wiki. If it's a plugin, add it to list of plugins
- Plain text (*.txt) or html file for maximum compatibility
- Same name as module/plugin
- Should contain the following:
- Module/Plugin name
- Module/Plugin version
- Description of what module/plugin does and what it can be used for
- Dependencies on other modules / plugins / AGS versions
- List of all public functions and variables and how/where they are used
- Revision history / Changelog with date
- License: Free for non-commercial AND commercial use? Credit required or optional?
We suggest the MIT license
/ Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
// of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to
// deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the
// rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
// sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
// furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
// The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
// all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
// THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
// IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
// FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
// THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
// LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
// FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
// DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.