Awesome. Thanks for this! Certainly a lot easier than what I was planning. It seems to build fine on my machine.
A few notes/questions:
- Make sure NativeLibs and Common\libinclude are in visual studio's global lib and include paths respectively
- AGS.Native project has fixed paths for additional libs/includes in the Release build. Copying the same settings from the Debug build seems to work.
- Do you have the source for alfont? It looks like you changed the font rendering to only change blenders when the alpha level changes (as an optimisation) and possibly you used an older/simpler version of the set_height function?
- Why was scintilla included in the static lib? Specific version or has something changed?
- Native solution still has sourcesafe references. Seems to be safe to ignore. Any chance of using http://code.google.com/p/vss2git/
to port the whole repository to git?
- Updatecppversion crashes in debug build if Release build doesn't exist. (so build Release first
- any special build instructions for the other native .libs?
edit: added extra question.