As suggested by Eric as a reply to my idea for an activity thread here we are with the exquisite corpse painting thread.
If you have no idea what this exquisite thread title should tell you, read it up on wikipedia
After you know this you should also know that, to transform this into an activity, some modifications and rules are set to keep it interesting (and a bit sane).
The basic idea is that everyone paints a piece of a huge scrollable image without exactly knowing what is in the part before to get some very interesting results.
1) You only get to see 5-10 pixels (depending on how much the previous painter decided you need to see) of the previous image and continue painting from there on.
2) image width is 200 pixel, image height is also ~200 pixel
3) from the startimage we continue both up and down to give more people the chance to take part
4) you post in this thread when you want to paint a patch of the whole image and state if you want to go up or down. If both directions are claimed you have to wait until someone posts his result (parts of)
5) feel free, have fun and paint your part
5a) Have some unfinished shapes, forms and/or things at the border where the whole image continues.
6) Once you are done post only 5-10 pixels of your finished image to give the next person some pointers of where to continue without showing it all (of course the pixels have to be of the end of your image where someone else should continue)
7) once the next image fitting to your image is done you edit your post to show your finished image or just post it in the thread
8) all images will be put together in the next post after this
These rules might change as the thread progresses...to avoid confusion I removed my startimage parts
Let's see if this works out