AGS engine Android port

Started by Crimson Wizard, Wed 02/02/2022 19:27:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceberg

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 07/05/2023 18:32:13
Quote from: Iceberg on Sun 07/05/2023 17:09:00Is there any way to bring up the virtual keyboard when playing AGS games?

It should be brought up by holding "BACK" and choosing "Show Keyboard" in the menu.

Holding the back button and selecting "Toggle keyboard" does make the keyboard appear...for a split second, and then it vanishes just as quickly.  I've tried with both Hacker's Keyboard and the default Samsung keyboard.

I heard it may have something to do with restrictions on newer Android devices, but I don't know if there's anything to that.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Iceberg on Mon 08/05/2023 02:25:39Holding the back button and selecting "Toggle keyboard" does make the keyboard appear...for a split second, and then it vanishes just as quickly.  I've tried with both Hacker's Keyboard and the default Samsung keyboard.

I heard it may have something to do with restrictions on newer Android devices, but I don't know if there's anything to that.

I did not know that's a case. Could you tell what are your device specifics? I will open an issue in our issue tracker.

Iceberg

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 08/05/2023 10:13:14
Quote from: Iceberg on Mon 08/05/2023 02:25:39Holding the back button and selecting "Toggle keyboard" does make the keyboard appear...for a split second, and then it vanishes just as quickly.  I've tried with both Hacker's Keyboard and the default Samsung keyboard.

I did not know that's a case. Could you tell what are your device specifics? I will open an issue in our issue tracker.

Yes, absolutely.  It's a Galaxy S22, Android version 13, but you likely need more than that.  What additional info would help?

Also, in case it's in any way relevant, here's what was posted in the Hacker's Keyboard issue log.  Could the keyboard appearing and disappearing immediately have something to do with Android "restricting background processes"?

"@parkerlreed (soz for ping) said that he couldn't open Hacker's Keyboard from the persistent notification on his Samsung phone with Android 12. Android 12 continues the trend of restricting background processes and 12 must've been the one to break Hacker's Keyboard. :("

https://github.com/klausw/hackerskeyboard/issues/883

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk