AGS engine iOS port

Started by JJS, Sun 13/05/2012 16:41:09

Previous topic - Next topic

JanetC

Quote from: 8BitAirwaves on Tue 29/09/2015 17:44:06
If anyone is further pursuing a commercial version of JJS' amazing port, I'd be interested as a financial backer... I'd love to see this in a neat download with an easy game import coded in from our Archives... Send an email to Paul@8BitAirwaves.com if you're interested in putting this together, I just don't ha e the technical skills to do it myself!!

Wadjet Eye has tried throwing money at people for this project but everyone is a gentleman amateur and doesn't want to accept money :)

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 02/06/2016 20:30:35
I checked the specs of iOS devices here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices
Apparently, newest devices have like 1-2 GB of RAM, but previous versions had much less, like 128-512 MB. I do not know how actively older iPhones are used in general, and not sure whether it will be safe to hardcode default of 100 MB sprite cache for iPhone then. I can enable reading this property from config file though (do not see why not).

I tried setting to to 100mb and it didn't seem to make any difference to the first 5 minutes of Primordia. Ran fine but not any faster or better.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: JanetC on Fri 03/06/2016 18:03:27
I tried setting to to 100mb and it didn't seem to make any difference to the first 5 minutes of Primordia. Ran fine but not any faster or better.
This setting will make difference only if the game must have real lot sprites, or just many high-res sprites kept loaded at the same time, such as smooth high-res character animations.

Koekie

Quote from: tsode on Tue 02/12/2014 15:48:45
Quote from: portdr on Wed 19/11/2014 20:53:58
i've got a working build of AGS 3.3.0 using patches written by JanetC and JJS if anyone needs it. not sure if people are looking for the ipa or the xcode project though. let me know.

portdr Can you send me the Compiled IPA too please?

Thank you in advance! ;)

Hi portdr,

Would you still be able to provide for a pre compiled IPA version? I would much appreciate that.
I've tried the IPA from different sources and it is not working on my iPad ios9.

If you can't provide for it, is there someone who has experience running the port on ios9?
If so please explain how to get the iOS port to work on my ios9 device?

Many thanks for any response,
Koekie

JanetC

Quote from: Koekie on Fri 02/09/2016 16:26:58
Quote from: tsode on Tue 02/12/2014 15:48:45
Quote from: portdr on Wed 19/11/2014 20:53:58
i've got a working build of AGS 3.3.0 using patches written by JanetC and JJS if anyone needs it. not sure if people are looking for the ipa or the xcode project though. let me know.

portdr Can you send me the Compiled IPA too please?

Thank you in advance! ;)

Hi portdr,

Would you still be able to provide for a pre compiled IPA version? I would much appreciate that.
I've tried the IPA from different sources and it is not working on my iPad ios9.

If you can't provide for it, is there someone who has experience running the port on ios9?
If so please explain how to get the iOS port to work on my ios9 device?

Many thanks for any response,
Koekie

I'm not sure that anyone will be able to get my version of the port running without expertise in compiling with XCode and a paid developer account. The older version of the port by JJS might have worked because all it required was a jailbroken device, but that older port probably doesn't even run anymore on modern devices.

TheVolumeRemote

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an unsigned IPA of AGS 3.3.0. It works with most games on every device I've tried (iPhone 6+, iPad Pro etc- not sure about iPhone 7). It doesn't seem to work however with large games such as Primordia, Shardlight and Kathy Rain- the prior two I can confirm do work on Android. Also I don't want to violate any rules here or disrespect Janet and Dave so let me know if this is a no-no! Finally and as always please use a Purchased copy of the game to support our wonderful community:)

TheVolumeRemote

Also you do not need to have a jailbroken device however if you don't, you'll need to purchase a IPA installer such as iPastore or (preferably) Zeusmos. There are alternatives to those as well with a quick Google search but I recommend one of the two.

JanetC

Quote from: 8BitAirwaves on Sat 08/10/2016 18:40:40
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an unsigned IPA of AGS 3.3.0. It works with most games on every device I've tried (iPhone 6+, iPad Pro etc- not sure about iPhone 7). It doesn't seem to work however with large games such as Primordia, Shardlight and Kathy Rain- the prior two I can confirm do work on Android. Also I don't want to violate any rules here or disrespect Janet and Dave so let me know if this is a no-no! Finally and as always please use a Purchased copy of the game to support our wonderful community:)

AGS is open source as is our (Wadjet Eye's) version of it, so you can do anything you like!

bx83

Anyone know if the iOS engine is/will be upgraded to 3.5.0?

eri0o

Someone used it the month before this to port a game and did a pr with their changes. I do not have Apple hardware to check. Using it requires some familiarity with XCode and iOS.

eri0o

I created an issue in AGS repository about the iOS SDL2 port. If any iOS developer is working it, please signal in the issue! Any questions or problems please ask. Unfortunately I don't have an iOS device, so I am a bit limited. :/

https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/issues/1505

eri0o

Hey, I started the iOS port here in this branch. It's not finished yet, I noticed there are some caveats to build for iOS without a developer account and without at least one iOS device registered in your account.

If you are an iOS developer and have an iOS device, let me know, your input would be important.

It looks like the iOS port was in recent years focused on porting your own games to iOS, probably with intent of making them available in the app store, so I am approaching the port from that angle.

eri0o

Hey, @edmundito did a bunch of work in the iOS Port solving hard problems, I feel we are in good shape to have something for 3.6.X soon :)

eri0o

It's here

https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/tree/master/iOS#readme

It is working, but so far in a real device I think it only has been tested in my iPhone 14, so we probably need more people experimenting with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk