HAPPY OCEANSPIRIT BIRTHDAY!

Started by Ponch, Tue 15/05/2012 02:24:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Happy Birthday, Oceanspirit Dennis!
Two Years Old Today!

That's right, on Monday, May 14th, 2010, Snake put together a string of words that became a global (or possibly regional) phenomenon! And to celebrate this momentous event in AGS history, Square-Peniks is bringing you three (at least) slices of birthday cake to snack on, all in one handy bundle.

First up, Ghost serves up a peek into Dennis' childhood:
THE SHINDIG OF DENNIS

Then Ponch kills some time with Ray in The City:
A TASTE OF MAN CAKE

And finally Ben304 takes us to strange new places:
LOL, OCEANSPIRIT DENNIS

Will there be more birthday celebration games to come? Maybe. Icey has promised us some DLC. And since this is Dennis we're talking about, he'll hang around long after we all want him to leave. So this party may go on for days or weeks.

So if you have an OSD game you want to make (or one that you need to finish), here's your moment of glory! Post it in this thread and I'll include it in the first post.

Thanks for two long, strange years, AGS Community!  :=

- Square-Peniks  :-*
(Also, it should be noted that all of these games were made in two days. So they're a little shoddy, but they're made with LOVE  :kiss:)

Monsieur OUXX

OH. YES. <orgasms>

EDIT: the intro of "A taste of man cake" is just... epic!

Icey

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Monsieur OUXX

Dang, I can't find how to stop the gang war!
I clicked on pretty much everything and combined everything together :-D Well, obviously, not EVERYTHING.   :=

EDIT: AAAAAAH! the old trick of "the other room you didn't even know you could walk to "  :~(

Ponch

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Tue 15/05/2012 11:58:36
EDIT: AAAAAAH! the old trick of "the other room you didn't even know you could walk to "  :~(

It's actually the same room. Apparently that street uses "Pac Man" logic. Exit one side of the screen and you enter from the other side. And I'm glad you liked the intro.

WHAM: If you like it so much, why not make an OSD game of your own.  :=

Monsieur OUXX

"TASTE OF MAN CAKE" SPOILERS

Spoiler

When the Baron said "Los zum Wurstfabrik" I first thought he lied and was going to use the tentacles as meat for sausages ;-)
[close]

Spoiler
the credits say thegame's called "The naked and the ninja". HEY! That's not what I signed up for! ;-)
[close]

"THE SHINDIG OF DENNIS" SPOILER

Spoiler
Is it really the way it ends? Two rooms, no action to perform, and a message to download a DLC?  :grin: I get the joke but I want to make sure I didn't miss anything fun!
[close]

Ponch

I had the exact same question about Shindig!  :cheesy:

Regarding my game, I used The Naked and The Ninja as a template to save time. I guess I missed a few lines of code.   :embarrassed:  Also, I wanted the Baron's closing lines to be ambiguously sinister. Ghost did most of the German translations for me, and he assured me the closing lines where whimsical and chilling.  :cheesy:

And thanks to Baron for letting me steal his avatar and place it in the OSDverse back in Archipelago Adventures. Now Ze Baron is officially part of Dennis' world.  :cool:

Ghost

Re WHAM:
Wheee, a fan! Goody!  :P

Re Shinding:
Spoiler
There are no puzzles, there are only some objects you can try to examine and use. There is even a potential BUG because you can accidentally click away the "DLC" text and totally MISS THE JOKE. It's quite possibly the worst OSD game ever and I am very proud of that!  (laugh)
[close]

Re ze Baron:
The lines read fine despite the missing umlaut dots. It's like reading Marvel comics and have Nightcrawler shout "Ach, mein Gott" despite the fact it just makes no sense...
And I always suspected Baron to be a german(ish) warlord just READY to lure tentacles into their teh das tragische schicksal!  ;-D

Ponch

I wanted to put little umlauts over all the vowels (ALL of them -- even the ones that didn't need it - and some of the consonants too), but there wasn't time to whip up a SCI font that had umlauts. On the plus side, all the little umlauts went into the Diet Umlaut Soda, which made it incredibly refreshing.  :cool:

Sephiroth

Thanks for the releases, these look fun! *downloads*

Icey

Ponch I thought you was gonna move my game to the top :(

WHAM

Hells, ponch, I might just make an OSD game. Wonder if those can participate in the MAGS rounds? I have an itch for doing a short game again and MAGS + OSD would make for a fine combo motivator.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

Icey: I did. I just forgot to include the image. Fixed now. :smiley:

WHAM: MAGS + OSD is indeed a winning combo. Perhaps you can use your WHAM powers on Atelier and convince him of the wisdom of this.  :wink:

Icey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk