New game - "The Haunted House"

Started by Terminator, Fri 07/03/2003 06:37:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Terminator

Well, everybody.

My first game is done and ready to go.  It's called The Haunted House.  And you can learn more about it at my website:

www.zoramiumsoftware.com

I'll be uploading it tomorrow night so saturday you'll be able to get.

Enjoy!!!

8)Terminator 8)

Relight

Looks interesting... gory... from the screenshots.  You may want to hold off your excitement for that 1 extra day so you announce it once it's actually uploaded ;)

I asked this in the past but what's with the lame orange smiley faces that are "chopped off" slighty on the bottom?  Can we get new ones?

Squinky

I think the intention is to make them look like roger or whatever the hell the default ags characters name is...

Eero

It's a great game, but there are still few very minor glitches like characters moving through and behind of objects they aren't supposed to.

Nostradamus

Where's the download link?  I can't find it in the site!

Scummbuddy

Its there.  First the page is found after clicking on the white text "To learn more click here" under The Haunted House.   Then, click on the last picture on the page, and youre golden.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Ionias

Terminator

The link is also available at the very bottom of the home page.  Can't miss it.

Yah I don't know why it's 43.5 MB for such a small game!

Jimi

Dorcan

It's because you have included the .mp3 files with the .vox file.
Mp3 files together = 10.6 mo.
music.vox = 10.6 mo.

Try rebuilding the vox file, and test the game in the compiled folder without the mp3 files. See if it works.

Terminator

No I tried that before a few times, if the mp3s are not in the folder with the .exe then the music doesn't work.  

Can I delete the music.vox?  I wonder.

Snake

Make a seperate download for the Mp3s and maybe the vox file aswell.

Or if there are only a few songs, make them all seperate for sorry chaps with dial-up...like me.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Terminator

Well, I deleted the .vox file and knocked the game down to  33.3 MB, hope that helps.

Flippy_D

Times that by two to get 66.6? FIEND!11!1!!
I might look at it, but I have a coupla games to be getting on with at the moment.

Nostradamus

I like the game... classic horror haunted house little game... great music and sound effects.

Help:
Spoiler
can't move the back bookshelf in the library.
I have the basket, hammer, axe, wine & cheese.
[close]

Nostradamus

elizabeth

Spoiler
Check out the bookcase with the skull more closely.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk