Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Adder

It's looking like heaps of fun - there's nothing like comedy sci fi. Looking forward to playing it, and delivering that parcel.

LTGiants2000

Captain Disaster Official Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/CptDisaster

Stay up to date with all things related to the game, including the release dates and development blogs! Please, please pass the link around and LIKE the page. Thanks guys!

- Team Disaster

CaptainD

"Team Disaster"?!?!  Well I suppose it's appropriate...

Guys, thanks for your kind comments and I'm really glad a few people are looking forward to the game.  Just to let you know what's happening at the moment, right now we're finishing off the playable demo - implementing the puzzles first, then updating the dialogues, descriptions etc, and finally adding all the voice acting.  In 2-3 weeks we should have a fully complete playable demo for you.

In the meantime we're also working on assets to be used in other parts of the game - backgrounds, music tracks, puzzle and story design etc.

CaptainD

A new music clip (which won't feature in the demo version):

http://archive.org/download/MusicClipFromDeathHasAMillionStompingBoots/NewMusicSample.ogg

EchosofNezhyt

I could do some voices if you need any, Team Disaster sounds cool :P
Music sounds good.
Goodluck Capt. D.

Ryan Timothy B

CaptainD

Thanks guys, your encouragement is really appreciated (by all of Team Disaster, not just me).

Hmm... maybe we could enter the Olympics under the banner Team Disaster?!  (wrong)

LTGiants2000

Here are a couple of alien sprites on a background as a preview. This is NOT an in-game screen shot, it's just a mock up with concept art that we made to see how they look together, magnified in size.

Alien Marketplace

CaptainD

IndieGameMag did a feature on us, which was nice - http://www.indiegamemag.com/zero-to-hero-captain-disaster-gunning-for-2012-release/

We've also been featured on No Signal Input, GnomesLair and Jonathon Wisnoski's blog

AdventureGamers and GameZone have both promised to mention us soon.

EDIT - GameZone Feature posted

CaptainD

Demo release getting closer! We've added tons of content compared to my original idea for the demo, so I hope everyone will think it was worth the wait.  ;-D  (The talking pizza alone should make it worth the wait...)

Keep up to date on the Dev Blog.

Jaffles

Just read your dev blog, and I must say I completely agree about feeling like a tiny fish in a big sea as far as the availability of indie games goes. But keep fighting the good fight, this game looks to be quite the fun ride! Looking forward to the demo.

CaptainD

The fish seems smaller and the sea bigger every day, even though we've had some nice mentions in the online gaming press.  Hopefully we'll get a bit more interest when the demo comes out.

It is coming soon, we just keep adding more to it.  I'd rather see it take longer and be better than rush the release.  The game now features far more puzzles and characters than originally envisioned!

steptoe

QuoteIt is coming soon, we just keep adding more to it.  I'd rather see it take longer and be better than rush the release.  The game now features far more puzzles and characters than originally envisioned!

Good for you CaptainD.... Look forward to its release  8-)

There is a saying:
QuoteAIM for perfection and perfection will take a step back. WORK on perfection and perfection will come to you.  (nod)

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

CaptainD

Thanks again for the encouragement guys!  :-D

Some new screenies (though some of these have already been updated):

More updates on the Dev Blog

steptoe

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

LTGiants2000

Little update, a preview of the "transporter" that Captain Disaster will use on his ship the "Disaster Area".

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z3JkgA1CNWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk