Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

The bad news is, our background artist has disappeared.

The good news is, my own attempts at creating backgrounds haven't been as terrible as I thought they would be.  Here's a work in progress of the alien market on Acturus-1:

Anian

Looks like a desert setting, so might I suggest some tendas (I don't know what it's called in english but THIS) over the stands or doors to a bit of variety and fill up the middle of the walls in some places.

Well, as long there is progress, keep it up.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

CaptainD

Yeah I was probably going to add some of those later, I've no idea what they're called either!  :grin:

Darth Mandarb

If you want "critics" on you WIP background please post in the critics lounge.  This is not the correct place for it.

CaptainD

Sorry Darth, that wasn't the intention - more to show that work on the game was still advancing despite the loss of an artist.  However I can see how it might have looked that way so I'll be more careful in future.

On another note, here's a sample of the theme music (to avoid any ambiguity, this is NOT posted asking for a critique).  The theme tune will almost definitely not appear in the demo version, which we are currently working hard to complete.

http://archive.org/download/CaptainDisaster-SampleOfThemeTune/CaptainDisaster_mockUp.mp3

CaptainD

Gameplay trailer released:

[embed=640,480]<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DKdxUVlkQ9o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

AnasAbdin

CaptainD the trailer looks fun! Best of luck :) I will surely enjoy this game.

CaptainD

Just a quick update... we're well into beta testing and will have an announcement about the demo's release date for you very soon.  Watch this space!

LTGiants2000

THIS IS (almost) IT! The day you have all been waiting for is ALMOST here!!!! This Friday, August 24th is the official release date of the demo!!! Please keep an eye out on this thread for official information and download links!!!

LTGiants2000

CaptainD

Khris

Played it and loving it!
Really well done, funny, and the puzzles are just right, at least so far.

Give it a try!

CaptainD

Thanks Khris!  When you complete it can you let me know how long it took you?

So far (from my excessively obsessive scouring of the net for anything relating to the demo release) feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.  I'm not sure which emotion I'm feeling most about that, happiness or sheer relief!!

m0ds

Enjoying the demo and all its little quirks! Stuck trying to find the ring and get into the room, but no help needed just yet ;) Nice stuff.

EDIT: Found the key now, should've figured that out sooner! So I'm looking for anestaetic (sp) now.

CaptainD

Glad you're enjoying it - I won't spoil it for you by giving you a hint!  (wrong)  I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough.

I've added an overview of the demo in 13 screenshots to the dev blog if anyone's interested...

Jaffles

Playing it right now, and it's great stuff. The sense of humor is right up my alley! Figuring out how to get the ring as of right now... can't wait to play the rest of the game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk