Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Hey Jaffles!  Very glad to hear you're enjoying it - if many more people have trouble finding the ring we may have to add another hint about it...

Also, the first review of the demo has appeared!  :smiley:

LTGiants2000

Ah the RING is our Demo nemesis I see....if anyone is still needing help with that....

UHS Style:

Spoiler
Let's just say it's the most polarizing puzzle in the demo.
[close]

Spoiler
You may want to blow the dust off of some of the previous places you've looked.
[close]

Spoiler
Kirk may have checked his "captains log" for a solution, Captain Disaster has a better multi-tool.
[close]

CaptainD

I've added a poll to the dev blog to see if people thought that puzzle was too difficult - head over to http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/ and cast your vote now!

(We'll put an extra hint in the full game if people thought it was too hard.)

mbday630

I thought the ring puzzle was fairly easy; the hardest part was knowing to walk further to the right. maybe arrow keys to show there is more there?  I am stuck now with the pizza. I have tried everything on the microwave, I still can't wake up the broom either, and I am thinking the broom has to do something with the pizza. what thing am I missing?

CaptainD

mbday630 - Could you start a post on this in the Hints and Tips section?  As this thread could easily get bogged down with requests for help etc and it's not really the right place for it.  Thanks.  (I'll check for that post and give you a pointer there!  ;))

CaptainD

Quick update - work is steadily progressing on the game, and now that Adventure-X has been confirmed I can tell you that I will be presenting about the game there (or if for any reason I'm unable to be there, M0Ds will do it).  We hope to have a new playable build for you to try at Adventure-X too, but I can't confirm that at the moment.  Even if there isn't a new build on display, be assured that we are making progress!

I will also be doing a short presentation on the other Captain Disaster game (announced on the dev blog but not on the AGS forums yet), Troll Song and The Journey of Iesir.

Slasher

Will download and play this week.

Long live 'Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots'  (laugh)

slasher

CaptainD

At Adventure-X, I'm pretty certain now that we won't have a new public build of the game.  We will however have a new trailer showcasing some of the new locations etc in the game.

One of the locations will be a huge rubbish dump containing some famous shipwrecks (but no trains):

MurrayL

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 20/11/2012 12:35:40
One of the locations will be a huge rubbish dump containing some famous shipwrecks (but no trains):

I sense a collaboration...

Backgrounds are looking good! Do I get to scavenge from the wrecks?

CaptainD

Quote from: MurrayL on Tue 20/11/2012 12:42:36
Do I get to scavenge from the wrecks?

Well... in a manner of speaking.

<MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS> <MYSTERIOUS>

CaptainD

Just released - Captain Disaster: The Games, The Stories - FREE eBook.

Behind the scenes information on how we've been making the game, along with the original stories that inspired them and a few other adventure-game related goodies.

You can download it here (6.1Mb)or get it on Lulu.com.

m0ds

Great, those stark locations will be cool I think, the demo gives you a good sense of exploring the insides of places but those look like significant exterior scenes. Yay Captain duh-saster!

LTGiants2000

Quote from: m0ds on Sat 01/12/2012 00:48:21
Great, those stark locations will be cool I think, the demo gives you a good sense of exploring the insides of places but those look like significant exterior scenes. Yay Captain duh-saster!

LOL Captain DUH-saster!

CaptainD

New Trailer - well, new to those of you who weren't at Adventure-X on the Saturday...

[embed=640,360]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oTazFaPYm2Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

CaptainD

A new screenshot for the new year - the graphics for Act I are about 80% complete now (unless of course we start adding even more locations...).

[imgzoom]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_8gRHN28MAY/UOVoWZ90QYI/AAAAAAAAQco/tNRhR9hv-AM/s640/Beta+Testing+Screenshot+3rd+January+2013.PNG[/imgzoom]

m0ds

Early as it is, a new website! (Or the early stages of one, at least!) Bookmark the URL, tis where you'll be able to get the game in the end of time :) I mean, within fairly soon time. Like 9 months or so. Right Dave? ;)

http://www.captaindisaster.co.uk

LTGiants2000

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 22/01/2013 00:39:09
Early as it is, a new website! (Or the early stages of one, at least!) Bookmark the URL, tis where you'll be able to get the game in the end of time :) I mean, within fairly soon time. Like 9 months or so. Right Dave? ;)

http://www.captaindisaster.co.uk

Very nice Mods, I like it! Love to see anything CD related actually come to fruition! Thanks for posting.

CaptainD

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 22/01/2013 00:39:09
where you'll be able to get the game in the end of time :) I mean, within fairly soon time. Like 9 months or so. Right Dave? ;)

Yup, we're shooting for a release in 20013 Q4 - ideally with physical copies of the game ready for an official launch at Adventure-X 2013!  (Don't hold me to that unless nearer the time I say it's definitely happening though!  8-))

CaptainD

Quick progress update:

The Bit Priest has taken over as Lead Programmer (can't remember if I'd ever made that public?!?)

Act I status:

Background art - 95% done (we've been badly let down by successive artists, so I'm doing most of it myself now... so you only have me to blame!)
Character art - 20%
Storyline - 100%
Puzzles - 80$ designed
Dialogues - 25% 
Music - 40%
SFX - 10%
Voice Acting - 5%

(Before you all gasp in horror and say "what? you've hardly started!" - can I just point out that Act II is already nearly 50% done in total.

arj0n

80$ of puzzles, quite expensive puzzles  (laugh)
Good luck on your project C.D.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk