Quest For Glory 4 1/2 Walthrough

Started by Blake00, Sun 27/05/2012 12:25:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake00

Hello Adventurers! It’s taken me a while to get around to doing this but today I’m releasing Version 1.1 of my QFG 4 ½ Walkthrough. I released version 1 at the end of 2010 and got a lot of helpful feedback over email and from the various forums. I certainly wasn't planning on taking a year and half to do implement the changes but it was hard to find the motivation to come back and replay the game multiple times as multiple characters, all for a second time haha! But now it is finally done.

As always if anyone has any new information or errors to report after playing the game please let me know. I promise further updates will happen much quicker if they are required!

You can download my map and updated walkthrough from my Quest For Glory 4 ½ Webpage . There are also some quick tour videos on the page that I made a year ago if there's anyone out there who's never seen the game. Much to my surprise they've been getting more hits than my other QFG videos which just shows there is still interest out there for this old crude buggy game. ;)

Version 1.1 Changes (thanks to lots of helpful feedback from fans!):
- 2 new compatibility suggestions to get the game working.
- Meeting a band of forest adventurers who can teach Magic Users the Leprechaun Gold spell.
- Using Leprechaun Gold on various NPCs.
- How to break in and steal from the Jones’s House.
- Many more fixes, changes and improvements to various quests.

Known Bugs & Issues:
- Random crashes when sleeping till day or night (not the smaller rests)
- Random crashes when looking at your stats (particularly at start of game)
- Always crashes when you try to play cards with the rednecks
- Rumoured corrupt savegame issue (I didn’t succumb to it through because I rotated between 4 savegames to be safe).
- The food on the tree at Erana's peace (after kicking out the hippies) doesn't seem to sustain you.
- Stealth & Run modes don’t seem to work
- Stamina & Mana potions don’t always work. Health potions can become everlasting.

Unsolved Mysteries In The Game:
- The true purpose of the Camouflage cape is unknown
- You cannot seem to do anything in the spores area, may just be authentic decoration this time
- You can visit and chat with the now alcoholic depressed Hermit at his cave and at the bar yet he appears to have no related items or quests.
- The ghost’s murderer is almost impossible for the Thief & Magic user to defeat in combat due to it being monumentally difficult to raise their health & stamina points. No alternative strategies have been found to beat him.

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Radiant

Why is your walkthrough a download, instead of simply part of your website?

Blake00

Because I'm oldschool.. lol I don't know!

I guess at the time when I started it I figured websites come and go but Walkthroughs spread around and last forever.

Perhaps 1.2 will be web based with an option to download.

Construed

Although the game is a joke, your walkthrough is beautifully crafted!
Great work!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Blake00

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk