Monkey Island demake RESURRECTED!!! A new programmer.

Started by Edgar_España, Fri 08/06/2012 20:47:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Wow I'm very surprised! At first I thought this project didn't stand a chance (the goal is questionable, and the amount of required work is massive)...
...But I must admit it seems to be going the right way! You seem to have found an efficient workflow and consistent style. Some of the sprites reductions could be better, but are already matching the required quality standards.

Keep on the good work!

Edgar_España

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 11/06/2012 15:09:40
Edgar_España - If you want to talk about other projects (collaborating on other projects) please take this into PMs (with Karens or whoever) and leave this thread about this game.  Also, I have combined another double-post, please stop double-posting.

Now... let's keep this thread on the rails people.  Remember, this is not the critics lounge...

OPSs! I am sorry really. I have a problem, I am using a translator to communicate in your forum and some messages do not understand them at all... including yours. If don't understand wrong, me you are saying that if this section of the Forum talk about Monkey 3 DEMAKE, I can't say that I'm looking for a cartoonist for a future project, it is that?.

And also not be what is a WP...

I am sorry if I have caused any problems.

Quote from: cpage on Tue 12/06/2012 04:27:36
Hey folks,
Im glad to see someone picked this back up. I would however ask about the change in direction... The previous version was taking it back to the style it would have been made at the time, and this yours seems to be the backgrounds and characters simply resized with some pixel fixes. The aspect ratio is different causing the squashed look of it all.

The main point of the original was a re-imagining... what would CMI look like in the style of MI2. This current incarnation is simply what would cmi look like with a quarter of the pixels. It is definitely a great way to learn AGS, however if you think this is a lot of work, imagine what it is like when the art isn't already made and the primary logic of the game laid out for you to copy.

I apologize if it seems I am being rude as it is not my intention. I just wonder what this current approach really achieves?

Well, your reasons have logic. Anyway I have to say that it is not only a little change the pixels and reduce all of size. A real headache has been to make the most of the animations of the characters, and those of Guybrush run from my account.

Obviously, I have no problem with the story, which is already written (and that my personally seems unworthy of the first two parts), or with many other things.

Is what is start a 0 character. In fact, I have more than 7 prepared for my own original game, and also original story. the problem, as I quoted above, is that I have who makes me the funds.
For this reason, meanwhile, I did not leave the world of programming, so that is why I wanted to continue with this project.

I can assure you that although I myself am not drawing funds, all this is a great, great job, and I am sure will appreciate more when you upload the DEMO or a video that I upload to Youtube, while I finish preparing the DEMO, so you can better see how are the animations.

So I want to refer to what has been said Karen, that is a piece of heaven.
Thanks Karen!!!

Still want to leave a note... This is a preparation for the FANGAME of Monkey Island I want to develop for years.... in a future creed (and is that too much to ask) if I assure you that I have a great original idea for a FANGAME of Monkey Island!

In addition, there is a guy who has already offered to begin to draw my room's. have not seen his work so not is very well what aspect has its style, but in principle I'm quite excited.

I hope that one day you can be making criticism on my own project 100% original!!

Anyway, thanks. It should be all sorts of criticism. Good, to encourage me, the poor, to myself, and know to see where there is something that can be improved.

Thank you!!!

Quote from: Karens on Tue 12/06/2012 08:17:05
that reminds me of an interview of Al Lowe (Sierra On Line developer) by a German magazine,,
the interviewer desperately wanted to know how much fun it all was,, and how amazingly lucky he was to create computer games,
"Yah yah, tell us about your fantastic work day Al!..."  Al looked at him and thought for a second; "Well, imagine sitting down in front of the pc and not getting up before 2 years later, that's basically how it is to create a computer game!",,
after that there was a moment of silence... :-)

it is an insane amount of work, but I think having all the backgrounds ready and basically done for a huge game like this is a great opportunity. If you really want this to succeed you probably have to be equally insane and manically obsessive ;-), but it is possible! so don't let anyone tell you it's not :P

Je, je, je!!! Thank you, Princess!
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Tue 12/06/2012 16:06:23
Wow I'm very surprised! At first I thought this project didn't stand a chance (the goal is questionable, and the amount of required work is massive)...
...But I must admit it seems to be going the right way! You seem to have found an efficient workflow and consistent style. Some of the sprites reductions could be better, but are already matching the required quality standards.

Keep on the good work!

Thank you very much, friend.

I want to upload a DEMO but still missing several things to be to my liking. I think I'm going to upload a video to YOUTUBE so you can go see or little the work, but with the demo I want to improve the appearance a little.

Yesterday I finally did the views that while Guybrush (his head) talking, body gesticule, in the style of my 2... and has been great!

But of course, that going to give me much work now, because I must introduce this gesture in an infinity of dialogues already programmed... so I have to give me a review by the SCRIPT... anyway...

For this reason, among other minor things, going to takes a little DEMO. But promise a video soon, ok?

Thank you!!!

Darth Mandarb

FIVE POSTS COMBINED STOP DOUBLE/TRIPLE/FOUR/FIVE POSTING!!!

no hacen dos (o más) mensajes secuenciales.  entiendes?  usar el "editar" buton.

Jackpumpkinhead

Glad to see someone has picked up where i left off
if you need help Edger you know how to contact me
;)
currently on an indefinite hold.

Edgar_España

Hello partners!

Well, I promised a video and I have prepared one... bad thing is the pathetic quality that was recorded. I've searched a programme to record the screen of the pc and that is all they've got.

One day I will try to upload a video with higher quality, but meanwhile, there is a little work. I hope you enjoy!!

Here the address of the video.     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpRDW8d8QY8&feature=youtu.be

Edgar.

arj0n

fózi

Hey, this is awesome! Great work!

Tabata

I didn't understand a word from the video, but it was fun to watch
and I like the characters and the animations of them  :cheesy:

Good luck for your project

Edgar_España

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 18/06/2012 17:21:29
I didn't understand a word from the video, but it was fun to watch
and I like the characters and the animations of them  :cheesy:

Good luck for your project

Thanks a lot!

It is very likely that at one time someone wants to translate it. For example, there is an Italian guy that is going to do a translation when the list demo, and is likely a German boy wants to do the same. So surely someone of English-speaking ends up translating... be cool much!

Thank you.

doctorfargo

CaptainD

Me gusta muchisimo tu juego aunque mi espanol no muy bien ahora!

Edgar_España

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 19/06/2012 19:12:24
Me gusta muchisimo tu juego aunque mi espanol no muy bien ahora!

¡Je, je! Muy bien. Muchas gracias!

Quote from: fózi on Tue 19/06/2012 20:56:53
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 13:50 by Darth Mandarb » ???????

What is that? Is it prohibited to criticize?

Eo! So clear that everybody can criticize! The criticism help! do you why say that, friend?

Darth Mandarb

1) Edgar - if you double-post AGAIN I'm going to permanently lock this thread.
2) Type in English only
3) This is not the critics lounge

Edgar_España

We`ll see. I have not bet. It didn't bother anyone or commit so serious lack. It has been an accident. Is it really so serious?

I responded with 3 words in Spanish, just thanking for a boy your comment on Spanish which has seemed a detail. That hurts someone?

With regard to criticism, critical Spanish is a synonym of dialogue... maybe
in English no and why there has been a misunderstanding...

I'm sorry, but I think that it should not be so rigid... we are not insulting or upsetting anyone.

However, from now on I will go as if I was in the army. Very carefully

Edgar_España

[embed=400,200]<iframe width="400" height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpRDW8d8QY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe >[/embed]

Edgar_España

Hello friends!

I have good news for the project. A colleague has offered to make the MIDI music!

So I'll have to wait a little more to upload the DEMO, but everything is so you memberships with more finish when you download the DEMO.

She just send me a message and have not spoken with her, but by what I said in his message, she is eager to.

So soon we will have this DEMAKE with music!

Now I'll count...

Jackpumpkinhead

Edger

Yo sólo quería hacerte saber que recibí un correo electrónico que pueden ayudarle con su problema de fondo de arte.
Aquí está el correo electrónico:

Hola, me presentare, me llamo Rafael González, y actualmente estoy terminando bellas artes.

Menuda buena noticia me he llevado cuando he visto que estáis buscando un dibujante para el proyecto de Monkey Island, yo mismo tambien intente empezar una aventura 100% original y como bien dices tengo un guión y un desarrollo, pero por encima de eso lo que me encantaría es rendirla homenaje a esta grandiosa obra.

Tengo un blog con unas cuantas imágenes del proyecto que comencé, también se trabajar en pixel y sobre todo en original ( acuarelas con retoques o rotuladores, como en su momento se realizo el MI2)

http://poxitan.blogspot.com/

Me encantaría poder formar parte de vuestro equipo y quien sabe si poco a poco abrirnos paso en el mundo de los videojuegos.

Un saludo Poxi

rafiki1987@hotmail.com
PoxiGonzalez@yahoo.es

Pensé que este hombre podría correo de alguna ayuda para usted en acabado / pulido el juego. Y puesto que tanto hablan español, se puede comunicar una gran cantidad de lo que mejor y yo

Espero que esto ayude
Josh

IN ENGLISH

Edger

I just thought i would let you know that I received an email that may help you with your background art problem.
Here is the email:

Hola, me presentare, me llamo Rafael González, y actualmente estoy terminando bellas artes.

Menuda buena noticia me he llevado cuando he visto que estáis buscando un dibujante para el proyecto de Monkey Island, yo mismo tambien intente empezar una aventura 100% original y como bien dices tengo un guión y un desarrollo, pero por encima de eso lo que me encantaría es rendirla homenaje a esta grandiosa obra.

Tengo un blog con unas cuantas imágenes del proyecto que comencé, también se trabajar en pixel y sobre todo en original ( acuarelas con retoques o rotuladores, como en su momento se realizo el MI2)

http://poxitan.blogspot.com/

Me encantaría poder formar parte de vuestro equipo y quien sabe si poco a poco abrirnos paso en el mundo de los videojuegos.

Un saludo Poxi

rafiki1987@hotmail.com
PoxiGonzalez@yahoo.es

I figured this guy might e of some help to you in finishing/polishing up the game. And since you both speak Spanish, you could communicate a lot better than you and I.

I hope this helps
Josh

Edgar_España

Many, many thanks, Josh!!

It took to read the message and come back to Forum because I'm changing of House, and just now my world's been around... but this is great news! I just write a message for this guy, so we'll see what happens. But already it is beginning to interest many people, so I hope that soon, I`ll start with the new project.
About the DEMAKE, just now I have assembled my computer (into some box, in the new home). They spend several days until it can again set, so for now you have to wait for this DEMO. In short, in any case, thank you, dear Josh.

Already will be uploading new news!           EdgarMonkey!

Jackpumpkinhead

i was just wondering if you had made anymore progress on this or not

Surdy

Hi Jack,

Just one thing: I am interested by translating the game but you put the whole AGS engine in your website. In reality, you just need to put the rts files & no more, not the 65 Mo of the engine ;)

Thanks

Oh sorry, I mean Edgar Espana not jack ;)

edit by darth - then edit your post, instead of double-posting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk