BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Click here to listen and enjoy to your favourite podcast about blue cups:

Episode 1: Animation, The Dig, Metal Dead.

Episode 2: Backgrounds, Project Nomads, Ico.

Episode 3: Remakes, E3, Journey, Botanicula.

Episode 4: Vince Twelve, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, inFAMOUS 2.

Episode 5: Designing & Writing, The Walking Dead Episode 1, Br�tal Legend.

Episode 6: Boss Battles, Killzone 2, Rayman Origins.

Episode 7: Introductions, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, Tiny Bang Story.

Case 8: Releasing Your Game!

Episode? NEIN!: Starting a New Project

Episode 10: 2013! The Morales Paradox! PETER GABRIEL!

Episode 11: Art direction! Full Throttle is good!

Episode 12: Deadlines! OROW! Magic Potions! Friendship!

Episode 13: Top Scores! Game music!

Episode 14: OROW Games! Dialogue! Silliness!

Episode 15: Consequence! Multiple endings! *SPOILERS*!

Episode 16: Companion characters! Friendship and shit like that.

Episode 17: Atmosphere and other environmental concerns.

Episode 18: Grundislav is a cat.

Episode 19: Is this even a podcast?

Episode 19.5: Top Scores 2!

Episode 20: Podcats.

Episode 21: Objectives in games etc

Episode 22: Assorted remakes, hello Joel

Episode 23: Interface discussions, etc

Episode 24: Halloween! Spooooky!

Episode 25: Schedules! Other rambly crap!

Episode 26: Robert A Williams!!! :angry:

Top Scores #3!

Epissode 27: Anatoly.

Epissode 28: Development workflow!

Epissode 29: On game types

THIRTY: BALLS (teamwork)

Episode 31: Dave Gilbert!

Episode 32: Testing & Feedback

Episode 33: ??????????????????

Episode 34: DANE KRAMS

Episode 35: Censorship, privacy, taboos etc

Episode 36: Vegemite and paint flavoured tea

Episode 37: Vince Twelve again!

Episode 38: Work environment.

Episode 39: Cutting the fat.

Episode 40: GDC

Episode 41: Animation #2

Episode 42: Music

Episode 43: Backgrounds again

Episode 44: Andail

Episode 45: Sex Tapes Voice Acting

Episode 46: Beta testing/feedback

Episode 47: I honestly don't even remember it was so long ago D:

Episode 48: Designing a story specifically for a game.

Episode 49: Coding!

Episode 50: Talking Adventure with Richard Cobbett.

Episode 51: It's the fifty first episode, yes it is!

Episode 52: Learning!

Episode 53: Hello again, Dave Gilbert!

Episode 54: The mailbag

Episode 55: Development pitfalls

Episode 56: Regrets & Things we'd do differently

Episode 57: Making games - as a set of skills.

Episode 58: Crisis in games as a plot motivator.

Episode 59: Dave Gilbert returns!

Episode 60: Context.

Episode 61: Pacing in design & writing.

Episode 62: AdventureX

Episode 63: THE YEAR IT FLOODED

Episode 64: Imposter Syndrome

Episode 65: Remakes

Episode 66: Design without words

Episode 67: Narration and Minigames

Episode 68: GDC 2015

Episode 69: Thinking about other genres

Episode 70: Promoting your game

Episode 71: Changes midway through production

Episode 72: NOW YOU HAVE RUINED IT :angry::angry::angry:

Episode 73: Stepping out

Episode 74: Length and pacing

Episode 75: Endings

Episode 76: Look, are you going to give me a choice here?

Episode 77: Being "Fun" vs being "Interesting"

Episode 78: I wonder when Francisco will realize the first post has had Comic Sans as the font for months now

Episode 79: DIE

Episode 80: Trappings of the genre

Episode 81: A T 1

Episode 82: A T M O S F E A R

Anian

Just lower the volume of music when you talk next, or maybe no music at all, at the Metal dead part I was really having trouble understanding what was being said. Otherwise, interesting stuff.

I agree with GraphicsGale (although I have some issues with getting transparency), I tried Pro Motion and while it has a lot of good tools for pixel art, the interface is clunky and really unusual. I mean just as a simple example Ctrl+Z, which is Undo in every Windows program I know, in PM it's not.

Also ASE Sprite is pretty good, doesn't have a big range of tools and the layers/frames view could be in a separate window instead of having to switch, but otherwise it's pretty light and easy to get used to.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

ThreeOhFour

A couple of others have mentioned this, so I will mention it to our producer Grundislav. Thanks for pointing it out :D

ThreeOhFour

I have pinned a piece of paper to the BlueCupTools corkboard saying "veryweirdguy is our #1 fan" in anticipation of your approval :D

abstauber

Quote from: Anian on Sat 09/06/2012 09:57:16
I mean just as a simple example Ctrl+Z, which is Undo in every Windows program I know, in PM it's not.
I beg to differ :P I'd rather say, you somehow mixed up your hotkeys. In pm it's crtl-z like everywhere else.

But now I got to listen to this podcast :D

Azure

ooh good job! I really enjoyed this. I totally need to give Rotoscoping a try :D
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

ThreeOhFour

Dirk: Indeed you must!

Azure: Hooray, thanks :D. Heed Francisco's warning: Action stunts can be dangerous to film!

abstauber

Hehe, good show. Although I couldn't listen completely to the redneck rant music due some whispering on top of it :P

It's really interesting hearing you talk about animations, a topic usually not that much discussed, because usually everyone seems to be much more into backgrounds.

So yeah, please do more!

Edit: There's also the stickman-method, which I happen to use for unusual situations.

Oh, and if there's any chance to see some rotoscope-outtakes... I bet there's an audience waiting for it :D

straydogstrut

Listened to this when I woke up this morning.. what madness!

I agree about the music being a little loud near the end, although overall it was very well put together. Thanks for the talk about animation. I don't have to ask my noobish questions now :embarrassed:

I loved it, especially Grundislav's stuntman story. At first I thought you were going to say you'd walked into the bedroom wall or something silly but no, and not even away from public scrutiny either.. Wish I was your neighbour. Legend :grin:

Look forward to more.. I don't want to be a Loser.

Grundislav

Quote from: abstauber on Sat 09/06/2012 12:25:12
Oh, and if there's any chance to see some rotoscope-outtakes... I bet there's an audience waiting for it :D

I make sure to delete them as soon as I'm finished filming them.  NO ONE MUST EVER KNOW!

Ponch

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 09/06/2012 16:38:17
Quote from: abstauber on Sat 09/06/2012 12:25:12

I make sure to delete them as soon as I'm finished filming them.  NO ONE MUST EVER KNOW!

When I filmed Kim and her friend as references for the sexy dance party in Forever Friday 2, I made sure to never delete the files.  :wink:

Also, hooray new podcast! \o/

EchosofNezhyt

Good tips and alot of info.

I really enjoyed it, I'd go with a quieter more subtle music or at least tone down the volume.(Gotta Love the rayman music.)
Good tips on animation and some general info about a few things. You guys complement eachother, so good synergy between you two.
The part about watching your self for doing animations is how I've been doing and haha I always wondered if someone saw me.
Hugo house of horrors and the others were pretty awesome to me when I was a kid. I got stuck in that damn cage in number 3.

Anyways thought it was awesome you should do one a week or two and add in more stuff about whats going on in the community or have like a game pick of the week/month made in ags to play.

ThreeOhFour

We discussed the music and both agree that it needs to stay, we're just going to make it a little quieter :D.

As for frequency we haven't really decided on one yet, although it'd be pretty awesome to do one on a regular basis. Eventually we're bound to run out of informative things to say and it will end up being 45 minutes of us doing stupid segments in stupid voices, because that's easily our favourite thing to do!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, nice catch on the Rayman Origins music Frito Master, and thanks Khris for the HHH vid. That's brilliant!  :cheesy:

Ponch

How about you do the next episode as a behind the scenes look at the making of ~~Airwave 2~~, which had better be coming out soon or I shall be very cross.  :angry: :angry: :kiss:

Vince Twelve

Yay!  I offer myself up to be a guest at some point!  I AM FASCINATING!

Edit: I love The Dig.  I haven't played it for probably ten years because it will almost certainly ruin it for me.

Ponch

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Mon 11/06/2012 02:31:18
I offer myself up to be a guest at some point!  I AM FASCINATING!

Cool. Airwave 2 AND the return of Twelve Interviews. 2012 is shaping up to be an awesome year.  :=

ThreeOhFour

Something I forgot to mention to Frito Master before: I pick a game of the month each month, which is at the top of the page on the games page. If you'd like I could also mention it in the podcast.

Also, wow, we've already got special guests and behind the scenes episodes being planned for us. We were kinda thinking we'd just do a 2 serious episodes and then from that point just turn it into an audio periodical in which we make strange noises for 40 minutes and then rant in hillbilly voices for 57 seconds at the end.

Which, you must admit, would also be pretty darn good!

EchosofNezhyt

Ah, I saw.

Sounds good, Looking forward to the next one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk