Previous topic - Next topic

slategreen

Screenshots:

The Story/Plot:
[...]

Progress:
Indefinite hiatus

Dualnames

This looks really atmospheric, really digging the art style.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Fitz

These backgrounds look awesome as they are. I actually like the yellow tinge. And a dialog-oriented story sounds like fun, too.

Ali

This looks amazing. Good luck!

slategreen

Thanks everyone... :)

And scanning will fix the warping in the bedroom, too... currently the floor is not parallel to the ceiling. :<

Zenger

Excellent work slategreen, It looks fantastic, best of luck  ;D ;D

Tabata

Sounds and looks very interesting â€" I like the mood that comes along with those backgrounds!  :D

Have you really done all the voice acting already?  :o

slategreen

Yep! the voice acting is done. I actually started this project (or the ideas for it, anyway,) four or five years ago. Didn't get around to starting with the art, though, until last winter.

Stupot

Looks great.  Love the artwork.  Keep us posted :)

Eric

I really want to know what your process is here. The style of the backgrounds is just lovely, and the characters look like they could have been pulled from the best of European BD. Are you hand drawing everything? I notice the way you're handling the joints -- it looks very nice, but I bet facilitates the animation process considerably.

Can't wait to see more!

slategreen

Most of the costumes are adapted from 1910s Sears magazines.

The animation is cutout-style; I draw a character (say, the side view), then use tracing paper to break down all the parts, scan them in, fill the shapes, and animate. I can eliminate the joints, but I'll do that when I go back to correct some of the walk-cycles.

Eric

Quote from: slategreen on Mon 12/03/2012 20:17:48
I can eliminate the joints, but I'll do that when I go back to correct some of the walk-cycles.

I wouldn't do that. I really like the look they bring to the characters!

Blue

Wow this looks really really good! I love the style of the characters and backgrounds.
Just noticed it has voice acting as well. Who did the voices if I may be so bold to ask? :-)

slategreen

As they wished to appear in the credits:
Karen (as Tetriin)
Jacob Browning
Tomoyo Ichijouji
Morgan Lea "Kage-Ichihashi"
U-1
Kevin Morrison

Cast through the Voice Acting Alliance forums. :)

Edit: ProjectTrinity did the music.

Chicky

This looks beautiful, I'm in love with the tree background.

slategreen

slategreen

Lots of progress on background art and programming. Game resolution is actually 800x600 at the moment.

CosmoQueen

Looks incredible! And the story is really interesting, I already see this as something that could have a sequel to it :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Adder

This looks great.  It reminds me a little of a sort of colour version of those Lotte Reiniger shadow puppet plays from the 20s - very cool style, look forward to playing it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk