star wars the new ganaration series

Started by , Thu 21/06/2012 01:20:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Quote from: ProgZmax on Wed 27/06/2012 22:17:59
2.  Canadians STILL haven't learned how to pronounce 'about'

Most important lesson Miz Lavigne taught me: It's "aboot".

I still think the game should be about actual garnments.

Snarky

It always mystifies me that Americans think Canadians pronounce it "aboot," when that's clearly not how they say it. A phonetic transcription would be something like əbʌʊt. It's like, because there isn't a good way to spell it, they can't even hear it right. I mean, even "aboat" would be much closer.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It has always sounded like 'a-boat' to me but I enjoy stereotypes as much as the next guy.

Ryan Timothy B

Yeah I'd agree that I'm saying it closer to "aboat" than I am "aboot". But this is the thing that confuses me. I've been to nearly all of the US states and it's only a few that I hear say it differently. Actually to be honest a lot of the states I've visited have a very indistinguishable accent to my neighborhood (Southern Ontario). But if you seriously think I say "a boot" then you should definitely hear an Eastern Canadian speak. A Newfoundlander.

You're from Texas right? If so, that pretty much explains it. lol

Knox

Im canadian and pronounce it "ah-bowt"...I have cousins in newfoundland though and they definitely pronounce it "a-boot"...sounds pretty silly that way actually.
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteYou're from Texas right?

How dare you, sir!?

I am from the retirement state of Hot McSunland, aka Arizona.  :~(

P.S. - that is actually sweat, not tears.  High humidity this week has seen me probably sweat off about 10 lbs of water.

Ryan Timothy B

I can believe it. It's 27°C here right now and sweaty as all hell. But the humidity is at 48%. I definitely prefer the more dry and higher temperatures vs the humid yet lower temperatures. You're still hot, but it's not nearly as uncomfortable and feeling sticky.

Baron

What was this thread aboot again?

Let ME try to summarize:

1) Breathy dude attempts to enunciate a passion for stick men and Star Wars next garnaration.  I assume this to be a type-0 and what was actually meant was garneration (from garner, to gather -thus, the gathering).  He appears to be thinking about maybe developing a stick-man Star Wars reunion, and is soliciting opinions thereon.

2) Other breathy dude clearly articulates the same passions (it's almost like phone sex if you listen to the tracks over each other).

3) Several dudes then misrepresent their geographical location.  A certain supporter of Ron Paul clearly can't hack it as a Texan, and a certain military man does not live in Canada but in some secret undersea base (or possibly a yellow submarine) at 0o latitude and 0o longitude along with the majority of AGSers.

4) A short debate ensues about perfectly acceptable weather not being perfect, and then the breathy Canadian clearly, clearly said
QuoteYou're still hot
to the mock-Texan.

5) A heroic, if somewhat drunken effort is made to summarize the proceedings thus far.

6) The thread continues to spread in every direction, with absolutely no sense of closure or progress.  Will the Stick Wars reunion dig up old grievances and petty rivalries?  Will the mock-Texan rehydrate before developing some sort of sweat-induced bum rash?  Will the breathy Canadian learn proper elocution and pronunciation?  Will this rambling post finally kill a topic that doesn't really seem to have a point?  Will nobody buy my incomplete 1989 Upper Deck baseball card collection on e-Bay?????  Find out next time as the posts..... just keep coming.

Fitz

Quote from: Baron on Fri 29/06/2012 03:37:17
Will the Stick Wars reunion dig up old grievances and petty rivalries?

I'm beginning to suspect this might have been the original purpose behind this thread. It has been suggested more than once that ig299 might be/must be a troll -- and isn't a troll's sole mission to cause chaos by random actions. In fact, I think he might be a member of the infamous internet activist group called Ignoramous.

So now, while he is temporarily banned, we only have each other to amuse ourselves -- and we are already stuck in a spiral of rivalry, each of us trying to be funnier than the previous guy. Which seems impossible at this point, Baron's taking Ryan's quote regarding physiological reactions to temperature and humidity out of context is, in my opionion, the highpoint of this thread (or perhaps the entire AGS history). I tip my ushanka hat to you, sir!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

You're still hot, but it's not nearly as uncomfortable and feeling sticky.

You know that whole 'it's only a dry heat' business?  After being to some of the nastiest humid places (try Florida sometime) I can safely say it's a load of crap.  High humiidity + moderate temperatures suck just as much as high temperatures and moderate humidity, trust me.

Come visit me when it's 115+F sometime.  :)

EchosofNezhyt

115 :O Thats crazy.

Its been pretty hot here.

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Fri 29/06/2012 03:37:17
A certain supporter of Ron Paul clearly can't hack it as a Texan, and a certain military man does not live in Canada but in some secret undersea base (or possibly a yellow submarine) at 0o latitude and 0o longitude along with the majority of AGSers.

To be fair, only a few brave souls can hack it as Texans. It's a manly life, suited for manly men. Those poor souls that face the trials and fail are sent west to suffer the rest of their days in the blast furnace heat of Arizona.  ;)

Also, aboot this secret undersea AGS base. I think the PM system hiccuped or something, because I never got my invitation to move to Rapture with the rest of you. Could somebody please check on that? It's hot as hell here in Texas. A summer home under the sea would be great.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 29/06/2012 06:54:02You know that whole 'it's only a dry heat' business? [..] (try Florida sometime) I can safely say it's a load of crap.
I was just in Florida the end of March. I know, it's not exactly the hot season but it was definitely comfortable.

Yes, they both suck just as badly as the other. I just know it feels sticky and gross when it's humid (I'm going to be misquoted again - darn it).

At least when it's hot without humidity you can sit comfortably in the shade with a breeze or fan.

Paul Franzen

Sheesh, I hope he was a troll; otherwise, you're all a bunch of jerks! Jerrrrrrks!
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

WHAM

I think he was just a bit off in the head, you know?
He's been contacting me via every possible avenue (Youtube comments, Deviantart etc) begging ME to contact the moderators to "let him back in". I say good riddance, and if it's up to me, he can stay out!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Snarky

He's been given a thirty-day ban, but if he's harassing members through other channels, that can be made permanent. Do you have links to his attempts to contact you?

WHAM

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 02/07/2012 11:07:14
He's been given a thirty-day ban, but if he's harassing members through other channels, that can be made permanent. Do you have links to his attempts to contact you?

Nah, I blocked him on youtube and deleted his only message so far on Deviantart, so nothing to show for it anymore. I also think my response made it clear enough that I was not on his side, so I don't think he'll be contacting me anymore.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

ig299

people look i am not a troll ok  and i am not off in a head and i don't belong to any groups

ig299

This was funny but unfortunately i changed my idea so there won't  be stick figures anymore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk