MAGS July: "Fairy Tale" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Fri 06/07/2012 18:30:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekeko

Oh, ok Ponch, and thanks Atelier

Pierrec

Hey there.
I never took part in any MAGS before, but it sounds fun and I love this theme. Actually, I already made an AGS game based on a tale before : Crow and Foxy, and that was fun so...I will try to find another idea for this compo! 

EDIT: I think I'm going for "The Little Match Girl"

Radiant

Quote from: Atelier on Mon 16/07/2012 12:06:02
Ekeko that sounds fine. I haven't picked a fairy tale for my game yet... is anybody else entering this month?

Not me this time.

Ponch

I'm working as hard as I can to make a MAGS game for this month. With any luck, I'll be able to finish it in time.  :shocked:

UPDATE: Now with teaser screenshot!

In this exciting scene, the star of the game receives a call from Dualnames.  :wink:
(Note: Dialog may differ in final version of the game)

This is the first "Visual Novel" I've ever done and I'm finding it to be a nice change of pace from the usual "use KEY on DOOR" design. This time it's a much more rewarding "Press NEXT SCREEN button to advance the story until you get to the end."

The whole "no puzzles" thing is proving to be a delight!  :=

Pierrec

I like the screenshot AND the idea (who needs gameplay after all ?)

By the way, I changed my mind, and I'm going to do something about Puss in Boots...well...maybe not about Puss in Boots, but about a puss...and a boot. The fact is I have to write an AGS tutorial for a french magazine so, this will probably be the game I'll make for that tutorial. Is that ok with the rules ?

Also, I'll probably make the game in three hours or so, so it's not going to be very good ^^

Ghost

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 17/07/2012 03:30:34
(Note: Dialog may differ in final version of the game)

I demand the dialog lines to stay intact! I also demand Dualnames as a playable character! And this looks awesome!

Ponch

Thanks, guys. I'm glad you like the screenshot. Joking aside, there will be actual game play, but it will all be dialog based. No inventory or mini-games here. There will be three possible endings and which one you get depends on high your score is at the end.

As far as Dualnames being a player character, I think that might complicate things. Every dialog option would be "Take off your top!" or "Could you tell me how to find the lesbians?"  :=

I like the idea of a MAGS game doubling as a tutorial. If you mention in your article that the game was made for MAGS, then that might raise the profile of the competition with the rest of the interwebs.  :smiley:

Atelier

11 days left, how are we all doing? I haven't even started my entry yet... it will be a fun exercise in cutting corners!

Ponch

2/3rds of the way through. Hope to have it finished by the 1st. (Fingers crossed)  :sealed:

Ghost

ZapZap

I don't have enough time to finish Cinderella... pity. Good luck!
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Ekeko

I won't be able to finish my game in time. :(

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 27/07/2012 09:25:59
I smell a head-to-head race!

This thread needs more competition and more screenshots!  (nod)

Atelier

I'll post some screenshots tomorrow to prove my entry exists.

Radiant

Yeah, I had a nice idea for Wolf Vs. Witch, but no time this month for a MAGS. Good luck to the active participants!

Duzz

I was intending to enter this month, but didn't get further than a basic idea and character sprite:

It was going to be a take on the Rapunzel story, but with Rapunzel being a strong female protagonist, rather than the hapless victim. I was imagining her a bit like Marceline from adventure time. It would have ended with her escaping by taking advantage of the prince and leaving him stuck in the tower.

But maybe next month!
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Atelier

I've made a background but there's no way I'll finish (without it being crapola). Ponch and Pierrec, how are yours going?

Also, it's a shame in some ways that lots of people couldn't finish this month, but I hear next month is something everybody can sink their teeth into...

Ponch

Quote from: Atelier on Tue 31/07/2012 13:51:36
Ponch and Pierrec, how are yours going?

Almost done. I should be able to finish it by this weekend, squeaking past the deadline in the nick of time.  :cheesy:

Ghost

Quote from: Atelier on Tue 31/07/2012 13:51:36
but I hear next month is something everybody can sink their teeth into...

Cake? Steak? Steak-Cake??

Best of luck for all those that are in!

Nightfable

Is it too late to enter?  :)

What's the minimum of rooms and puzzles my game has to have?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk