Secret of Monkey Island

Started by Jimi, Sat 08/03/2003 11:58:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimi

I've just downloaded Secret of Monkey Island, and I can't open it. Any ideas why?
???

MadReizka

You could tell more, PC specs, what file you cant open.
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

Jimi

The file is called "monkey~1.001" and when I try to open it (regularly or in DOS), it displays "Windows cannot open monkey~1.001 unless it knows what program created it".
 :-\

BOYD1981

is that the only file you downloaded or was there more than one?
if you did download more than one you'll most likely have a file called "monkey~1.rar"
start by extracting that file and it *should* extract all the others, it's also a good idea to have WinRAR installed

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Igor

I guess that's the true secret of Monkey Island then  :P

I don't really know if that's the problem, but "*.001" usually means that archive is separated in more files. For example: Monkey.arj, Monkey.001, Monkey.002....
So, if you want to open Monkey.001, you'll need Monkey.arj (or zip, or rar...) first.

Jimi

its a zip. only i unzipped it, and that's the result I got. What can I do? (I have winzip 8.1)
???

Privateer Puddin'

where did you dl it from? its on kazaa.. (and works)

Pumaman

Quote from: custard on Sat 08/03/2003 13:46:30
where did you dl it from? its on kazaa.. (and works)

Haha, you mean you downloaded something called "Secret of Monkey Island" from kazaa and didn't end up with "Secret Island Fantasies 5 XXX"? Blimey.
:P

Jimi: your problems are due to the way it was zipped up - we can't give you a definitive answer because it's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with whoever uploaded it.

scotch

You should just download it again ._.  There are loads of places to get it apart from kazaa.  And if it wont run still use scummvm.
Actually the one on kazaa doesn't work for me either (gets a divide by zero error somehow), only the german version works :)

Jimi

Thanks.
(if it says divide by zero, the site said keep trying, it will load eventually.)

Matt Brown

hahaha, that happened to be once when I tried to download FIFA 2002 CHris. one file was p0rn, the other was GTA3.
word up

Jimi

Scummbuddy

The .001 is only part of the file.  You need a couple more.  Just buy it off ebay.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Andail

And while we're at it, we should discuss whether monkey island 2 was just a dream or not. That's obligatory with a subject title like that.

Jimi

What's the Monkey Island series actually about? ???

Privateer Puddin'

Jimi

scotch

Matt Brown

what IS teh secert of monkey island???????
word up

Scummbuddy

It was a small chest in the amiga version, but Guybrush was so stupid he blew up the dam with the gunpowder blowing the chest above his head and God knows where it is now....
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk