Kathy Rain

Started by JSH, Tue 17/07/2012 23:51:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

Quote from: JSH on Thu 22/01/2015 13:01:26Yeah, I should probably postpone until 2016 to have a chance at the AGS awards ;)

Yeah, you do that - especially since I'm expecting to win the 2015 award for Sexiest Female Lead ;)

JSH

Hi guys, I'm excited to announce that I've signed a publishing agreement with Raw Fury Games! :)

Check them out here: http://rawfury.com/

This have made me confident enough to resign and go full time with my one man studio, Clifftop Games. My last day at my current employer is a week from now. What this means is that a 2015 release of Kathy Rain is more likely, but of course still not guaranteed in any way as it depends on many different factors.

However, I can divulge that the initial release will be for Windows and Mac, and that the game will be available on Steam and most other common digital distribution channels. No physical copies are planned at this stage. Lastly, Kathy Rain is planned to be exhibited at a few conventions this spring/summer, stay tuned for more information!

KodiakBehr

That is so exciting!!  Very happy for you!

StillInThe90s

God news, indeed.
Best of luck!

Stupot

Great news. Congratulations JSH. This is one of my most eagerly anticipated titles.

Mandle

Quote from: JSH on Wed 22/04/2015 19:18:10
This have made me confident enough to resign and go full time with my one man studio

You have my best wishes, awe-struck respect, and seething jealousy! I'm sure a lot of the community can relate to these feelings at reading of your life change!

Daniel Thomas

Damn it Joel, that is some awesome news, both publisher and going "living the dream" ! :)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

JSH

Thanks guys a ton guys, really appreaciate the support! :) It makes me feel a bit safer about my decision, as I'm currently rapidly shifting between ecstacy and terror!

I also set up some social media for Clifftop Games. For those of you who like what I'm doing, it would be utterly fantastic if you would connect on either or both, to help spread awareness of the game. I'm gonna need all the help I can get!

Twitter
Facebook page

AnasAbdin

Great news :) I wish you the best.
Consider awareness spread :-D

Calypso

Wonderful, Joel. I'm really glad that this has worked out for you! You've got my full support and I'm ready to help in any way I can :)
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

AprilSkies

I missed this!

This is an exciting news Joel!!

Congratz!

I'm so happy for you!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

proximity

How about Steam Greenlight ? It's a very popular digital platform and i'm sure your game would be greenlit in a day or two. Haven't you considered it ? Congratulations by the way :)
Proximity Entertainment

JSH

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 25/04/2015 11:33:06
Great news :) I wish you the best.
Consider awareness spread :-D
Quote from: Calypso Starlight on Sat 25/04/2015 15:05:21
Wonderful, Joel. I'm really glad that this has worked out for you! You've got my full support and I'm ready to help in any way I can :)
Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 25/04/2015 17:29:11
I missed this!

This is an exciting news Joel!!

Congratz!

I'm so happy for you!

Thanks guys!

Quote from: proximity on Sun 10/05/2015 11:18:48
How about Steam Greenlight ? It's a very popular digital platform and i'm sure your game would be greenlit in a day or two. Haven't you considered it ? Congratulations by the way :)

That's not necessary, Raw Fury is a verified publisher on steam which allows us to fully bypass the greenlight process :) Thanks!

Frodo

JSH

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 10/05/2015 13:22:08
Can we hope to see this game on GOG?  :smiley:

Definitely, we will strive to have the game available on all major digital distribution channels :)

MufasaRKG

From the few screenshots and design campaign, this does look like an very professional indie game. Gives me a great sense of inspiration, dedication, and patience.

-m
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS
Underground Art, Music, & Culture

JSH

Quote from: MufasaRKG on Mon 11/05/2015 17:42:04
From the few screenshots and design campaign, this does look like an very professional indie game. Gives me a great sense of inspiration, dedication, and patience.

-m

That's an amazing compliment. Thank you :)

JSH

Hi folks!

I just wanted to let you know that Kathy Rain will be exhibited at Gamescom 2015 in Cologne, Germany, August 5th to August 8th.

If you're planning to attend, don't hesitate to come check us out in the business section! :)

// Joel

AnasAbdin

JSH

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 11/07/2015 01:01:43
Congrats Joel ;-D best of luck always.

Thanks man, it was a blast! I had a bunch of fantastic interviews with the European gaming press, the related media coverage should pop up in the coming weeks! :)

The next big thing is that Kathy Rain was selected for the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX PRIME in Seattle!
http://indiemegabooth.com/project/kathy-rain/

We'll be there for the entire convention, so if you happen to be in the area between August 28th and August 31st, make sure to stop by the booth and try the game! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk