Kathy Rain

Started by JSH, Tue 17/07/2012 23:51:32

Previous topic - Next topic

JSH

Quote from: donkeymilk on Wed 30/12/2015 23:38:59
I'm wanting to buy this on steam but there's no purchase button to click on.

This is the second game today that is missing the "purchase" button.
Mafia 2 is the other ,though i think that was pulled from the steam sales due to licensing issues.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 31/12/2015 00:08:54
Maybe because it's not for sale yet, since it's not finished?  ???  (roll)

Yup, the game has a store page, but it's not out yet :) You can add it to your wishlist and follow the page though to stay up to date! Current estimated release window is Spring 2016.

If you want to help support the game, I'd appreciate if you wishlisted the game, it will help with steam visibility. You can also add any user tags you deem appropriate for the game to help it show up in relevant searches, and maybe write a post in the steam game forum if you're looking forward to the game :) Thanks in advance, it helps a lot!

Frodo

Can we still hope to see Kathy Rain on GOG? 

The game looks amazing, but I won't buy it, if it's only on steam.
Like so many others, I dislike steam and steam-DRM.  :smiley:

splat44

Is it too late to test this?
I'll be more than glad to help out, let me know by PM by providing link and email address so I can sent those reports.

I currently testing the following and owner know how throughout I am as tester
Tate - tech Demo

regards

JSH

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 01/01/2016 06:34:57
Can we still hope to see Kathy Rain on GOG? 

The game looks amazing, but I won't buy it, if it's only on steam.
Like so many others, I dislike steam and steam-DRM.  :smiley:

Yup, the game will be on gog.com, but they don't have any pre-release pages on their site, so there won't be any information about the game there prior to release. I'd suggest that you either keep track of this thread or sign up for the raw fury newsletter at www.rawfury.com (scroll down), and we'll let you know when the game is available :)

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 01/01/2016 10:50:39
Is it too late to test this?
I'll be more than glad to help out, let me know by PM by providing link and email address so I can sent those reports.

I currently testing the following and owner know how throughout I am as tester
Tate - tech Demo

regards

Not too late, I plan to add a fresh batch of testers at some point this month! Steam is a requirement for all beta testers though, since we use that for secure build distribution.

To anyone who is interested in helping out with the testing: Please send me a pm with your email adress and we'll take it from there.

Frodo

Quote from: JSH on Sat 02/01/2016 11:59:14

Not too late, I plan to add a fresh batch of testers at some point this month! Steam is a requirement for all beta testers though, since we use that for secure build distribution.

To anyone who is interested in helping out with the testing: Please send me a pm with your email adress and we'll take it from there.

Oh, I had PM'd you about beta testing the game.  But if steam is a requirement, I'll have to back out.  Pity.  :sad:

None

This is beautiful from what I can see. I've got it followed, and wish-listed on steam, when can we expect it to be on store?

On a developmental note, why 320x240? Isn't that a bit, square? Seems a bit counter-intuitive since most screens fit a more rectangular aspect of 16:9 ? (i.e. 320x180.) Not that I'm complaining mind you, more to love. I'm just curious.

JSH

Quote from: Charles on Sun 03/01/2016 19:56:41
This is beautiful from what I can see. I've got it followed, and wish-listed on steam, when can we expect it to be on store?

On a developmental note, why 320x240? Isn't that a bit, square? Seems a bit counter-intuitive since most screens fit a more rectangular aspect of 16:9 ? (i.e. 320x180.) Not that I'm complaining mind you, more to love. I'm just curious.

Thanks! Spring 2016 is as close as we can say with certainty right now, for Windows, Linux and Mac.

Heh, 320x240, that's just me not thinking ahead way back in 2011 :) I didn't really give it too much thought at the time, and it stuck with the project until it was way too late to change it. If I make another game after KR it will definitely use a widescreen aspect ratio.

None

I'd be more than willing to beta-test too, if you're still doing that, my Steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005763392/

Justin95

Hello,

I am extremely keen and have offered to be a Tester, have a Steam account and have sent you a PM, with my E-mail address.

I have played the latest Broken Sword, Broken Sword 1 remastered and the final Blackwell game on Steam.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Justin

Justin95

JSH

Thanks guys, everyone who sent a pm has been sent a key, we have enough testers for now!

On a separate note, I'm psyched to announce that Dave Gilbert himself will be helping us out with the voice overs! He'll be overseeing studio recordings in NYC, making sure that our voices get the Wadjet Eye Games stamp of approval!

More info here! http://rawfury.com/kathy-rain-voiceover-auditions-have-begun/

The casting is ongoing as we speak, can't wait to share some of the incredible auditions we've had sent our way with you guys! :D

Stupot

Cool. Which character is Abe Goldfarb playing? (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 02/02/2016 23:19:46

(laugh)

Seriously though, although Abe has a legendary voice and talent: I honestly doubt I can ever comfortably hear his voice coming out of any character except Joey...I guess he is forever typecast for me...

JSH

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 03/02/2016 00:04:05
Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 02/02/2016 23:19:46

(laugh)

Seriously though, although Abe has a legendary voice and talent: I honestly doubt I can ever comfortably hear his voice coming out of any character except Joey...I guess he is forever typecast for me...

As great of an actor as he is, I actually feel exactly the same. Abe IS Joey to me, and won't be joining the cast this time around :) You might recognize some of the other names though!

Dave Gilbert

Abe sadly didn't audition! Abe is the type of guy I usually cast ahead of time, or someone I write parts specifically FOR. Since that obviously wasn't the case, he didn't know about the audition when the time came. So no Abe this time around.

This will prove to be an interesting challenge, since I'll directing VO for a game I neither wrote nor produced. Eager to see how it turns out!

JSH

Alright people, after all these years it's finally time to mark your calendars! :D

Kathy Rain will be out on Steam and gog.com for Windows and Mac on May 5th, 2016!

Check out the new and improved trailer below, voiced by none other than Arielle Siegel, a Wadjet Eye regular mostly known for her part as Max Lao in Technobabyon! :)

Kathy Rain will also be exhibited at PAX EAST in Boston, MA on April 22-24, 2016, in the Indie MEGABOOTH right across from Thimbleweed Park! Two great adventures for one, so be sure to stop by and play the fully voiced KR demo! Sadly, yours truly won't be attending since I am hard at work at finalizing Kathy Rain, but I'll leave you in the very capable hands of my cohorts at Raw Fury Games!

[embed=960,540]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rCa2ZNQaaU[/embed]

Fitz

Holy mother of Rod! ANOTHER insanely good looking (and sounding) commercial AGS release? 8-0 2016 is definitely The Year of the Big Blue Cup!

shaun9991

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

luisdementia

I love the art of this game, it looks beautiful. Definitely will buy it!

JSH

Thanks guys! :) You can now pre-order the game on Steam, GOG and HumbleBundle for a 10% discount!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk