Great module, very useful!
- This is similar in concept and execution to the God Mode module, with different functionalities that complement each other.
Perhaps joining forces to bring the ultimate debug tool?
- Your module only supports 320x200. My game is at 640x480 and everything looked very odd, I had to change sizes and alter the code that hides/shows the UI. The best thing to do is have the UI dynamically change sizes and its inner control based on the game resolution. An alternative would be having multiple GUIs for import (that's how it works in the god module).
- Instead of checking game.debug_mode you can go with #ifdef DEBUG (not a big deal, but slightly better since less code actually gets compiled when it's not in debug, I think).
- Maybe add GUIs to the list of items?
- I'm thinking there should be a master list with Characters, Objects, Hotspots, GUIs, etc, and each will lead to the appropriate list of items. Maybe not needed for smaller games, but my game has a lot of items and it's hard to navigate.
- Maybe also adding a search box could help with the navigation.
- I used with your module along with the god mode module. It gave me the ability to drag your GUIs around and put them where I wanted too, so I could see both of them in the same time. It then became very annoying that every time I selected a character the list gets hidden and I have to click on it again to show it.
- Maybe adding a bit of transparency to the GUI so that you could see what lies beneath it.