The Unicated - Now with speech!

Started by Duzz, Tue 30/08/2011 13:15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Abisso

You're a genius. The Siamese twin concept is awesome, and so the way you implemented it (separate mouse-buttons for each twin, and pressing both to make them cooperate). The graphic is great, very professional and fit to the game-style. The plot is deeper than I could have imagined, and made me think (between a laugh and another :D).

All aspects of the game are very balanced, I can't really point out a flaw. Even the ending screen and the soundtrack are very nice.

You have all my respect.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

WHAM

I enjoyed the game, although I was left with a massive "What the heck" -feeling at the end.

Hope you don't mind me posting this, but I also recorded my playthrough in Let's Play format and the video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKZOH0oK1w
(Video just uploaded, will be accessible within the hour)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Duzz

Thanks guys.!  Nice let's play too.  Saw a couple of bugs I must have missed watching that (damn!).   The pacing at the end was a bit off I agree, it all ends really quickly. "what the heck" works for me though  ;D
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Ghost

Quote from: Duzz on Tue 18/10/2011 23:31:33
The pacing at the end was a bit off I agree, it all ends really quickly

I don't know, I actually liked it that way: Hinting at what CAN be in the future, with a small "on-screen" presentation. Reminded me of these Twilight Zone episodes with the "smack-in-your-face" ending.
But yes, it WAS a pretty big WTH...

Duzz

A new version with voices is now up!

Adrian, who did the background art and most of the voices is keen for feedback on his accents, so let us know what you think.  ;D

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1471
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

WHAM

Noooo! I wanted to do voice acting! :D
I'll bite, and will let you know after I've played this again.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

kajlin

mjomble

Brilliant! :D

The voices are excellent (anyone who's only played it without them should really do a replay) and the concept works well.

Found this via the AGS Awards and will be voting for this in its categories - most of the other contestants I've reviewed so far haven't left as good an impression, at least not so quickly.

Well done!
You should play Vohaul Strikes Back and Incinerations (they both happen to be fan made Space Quest sequels made with AGS).
And then tell everybody on the planet about them. And off the planet.

Duzz

david

Hey Duzz,

I found a bug, sorry man
after using the tools on the panel I got the error. I've saved it for you, but don't know how to post an image (JPG)

EDIT:
I will write it for you here:
in "GlobalScript.asc", line 100
from "GlobalScript.asc", line 717
from "room2.asc", line 233

Error: Error running function 'oPanel_UseInv':
Error: Null pointer referenced

whew
that's it
hope it helps

Duzz

Oh, thanks Dude! I've fixed it, uploading a new build now...

CosmoQueen

Hi! I was playing your game and I got this error:

in "GlobalScript.asc", line 112
from "GlobalScript.asc", line 717
from "GlobalScript.asc", line 1887

Error: Error running function 'iBabyAsprin_UseInv':
Error: Null pointer referenced
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk