Journey to Hell

Started by Shadow1000, Wed 01/08/2012 15:04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

about the fight in the ruins  ...
Spoiler
Yes â€" it's hard - but even I made it some day (without slowing the game down) - so you will  make it, too for sure.

You need to hit it three times.
Take a position to make it have a long distance to run towards you (to have more time to react).
Do the hitting, when it starts running and always change position right after the sword stab (it remembers your position)
The rest is training â€" good luck!
[close]

axxesfun

frustration...
Spoiler
I crushed the bull man 4/5 times and finally it says he wont die by the sword (not powerful enough) ?!? But whats absolutlely more frustrating is the fact that many times, even when you hit him and the blood splashes, I am still being run over and getting injured.
[close]

vjeepusofthenile: Yes the flying sequence is far too long, especially since you are forced to slow down the game before. Can remember only one sequence in the game where I was able to cut the scene by pressing the ESC-key. Dunno why its impossible here. Thanks for your help about the F5/F7 keys - thought they are not available during the fight like the game menu is not.

Tabata

needed for the ruins fight
Spoiler
yes, the sword needs to be powered up!
Search for a special place (you saw a pic of it in the house)[\hide]

... more, if needed as soon as I am back home
[close]

axxesfun

serious help needed!
Spoiler
Whenever I am using my new wind power (the place and the direction does not matter) the game keeps stucked with an hourglass. The music continues to play like normal and I am able to move the hourglass, but I cannot click with it on anything else nor it works pressing ESC or F5/F7 keys.
[close]

...and for Romeo I do have something else to debug:
1st
Spoiler
http://minus.com/mcnkMFufL/2f - this happened inside the pyramid.
[close]
2nd
Spoiler
http://minus.com/mcnkMFufL/1f - this happened when the horse is at home in the stable and you start an earthquake.
[close]

Romeo

Axxesfun:
I'm really sorry but I've no idea about what's happening with wind power...
1) when you use that power can you ear the wind sound?
2) does the hourglass disappear after some seconds? Or you have to restart the game?

Thanks for the other bugs report.
BRomeo

axxesfun

Quote from: Romeo on Thu 09/08/2012 16:05:24
Axxesfun:
I'm really sorry but I've no idea about what's happening with wind power...
1) when you use that power can you ear the wind sound?
2) does the hourglass disappear after some seconds? Or you have to restart the game?

Thanks for the other bugs report.
BRomeo

1) Yes, I can hear the wind sound and see the tornado animation wandering through the screen until it leaves. Now that you mentioned the sounds: Always I wondered why do I hear the sound of the horse as well, even if I am 1 or 2 scenarios away from it - to say: the horse is not in the actual screen!
2) No, the hourglass does not disappear! I cant do anything else, except leaving the game by pressing ALT+F4. Now I figured out something strange: The windpower seems to works fine to the north & south -game cursor comes back and no horse sound-, but seems to crash all the time to the west & east directions -horse sound and hourglass wont disappear.

So I can hope to need the wind only in north/south directions?

vjeepusofthenile

Axxes,

I had some similar issues from the wind. I think it only works in rooms where you *need* to use the wind. Irritating, but at least it helps narrow down when you don't need the wind power. Same with the earthquake power - it's unlikely to crash in a room where you need to use it. In the rooms where you need wind, you can use it in all directions - at least I could
Spoiler
in the firefly crossroads room.
[close]

Shadow1000

First, a question out of curiosity:

When you crash your ship, it says that it will take "a few hours to repair". I'm just wondering how long is a "few hours"? I slept for about 24 hours and the ship was still not repaired so I figured that for some reason, sleeping doesn't advance the clock so I left my computer running for about 45 minutes and it still needed "a few hours".

It's just for curiosity because I killed the sea monster and made the big bucks anyway.

Next: I need
Spoiler
swordfish scales
[close]
. I haven't seen anything of this sort in the game and have no idea where to even look after roaming for a while. Any hints, please?

SHADOW

Tabata

about swordfish scales...
Spoiler
... you won't have luck with this one (to be able to make the shown creature),
... but maybe the trick might work with (part of) other animals, too?
[close]
if you need an idea:
Spoiler
...the horse and the mole (hair of them) will work for a start
[close]

about the waiting time to repair the ship:
Most of the time I did it like all the players will do â€" start again right away with a savegame, but during the test I tried that one, too.  I just had to pass some of the scenes (so not really several hours, when watching the clock at the top) to be able to go on board again.

I haven't been asked so far, but I thought, that there might be some players with trouble to identify colours.
To give those the chance to be able using the magic bowl in the magic circle  ~ this one is made for you:
Spoiler
After you placed an egg in the bowl you need to use the rocks in a special order to activate it.

... those of you who are colourblind or have trouble for to recognize colours :
You can take a look over here to be able to identify the rocks.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 10/08/2012 03:32:00
about swordfish scales...
Spoiler
... you won't have luck with this one (to be able to make the shown creature),
... but maybe the trick might work with (part of) other animals, too?
[close]
if you need an idea:
Spoiler
...the horse and the mole (hair of them) will work for a start
[close]

about the waiting time to repair the ship:
Most of the time I did it like all the players will do â€" start again right away with a savegame, but during the test I tried that one, too.  I just had to pass some of the scenes (so not really several hours, when watching the clock at the top) to be able to go on board again.

I haven't been asked so far, but I thought, that there might be some players with trouble to identify colours.
To give those the chance to be able using the magic bowl in the magic circle  ~ this one is made for you:
Spoiler
After you placed an egg in the bowl you need to use the rocks in a special order to activate it.

... those of you who are colourblind or have trouble for to recognize colours :
You can take a look over here to be able to identify the rocks.
[close]

1) THANK YOU for the tip. I don't think I would have ever thought to use
Spoiler
a mole's hairs in a recipe that called for swordfish scales.
[close]

2) THANK YOU for the sequence, similarly, I would not have been able to identify those colours

Now I have the new power, whatever it does! ;)

SHADOW

Tabata

@ shadow
to 1)
Spoiler
I think the point is, not to go for the recipe ... and create your own “stuff”
- like a chef creates a new and interesting meal on basis of his knowledge by changing some ingredients :wink:
[close]

to 2)
WOW, so it was the perfect moment to come up with it  :grin:
(I wasn't sure about if and when to come up with it)
... but don't take a peek before you need it 

Shadow1000

I'm trying to figure out where to
Spoiler
power up the sword
[close]
. I looked at
Spoiler
the picture
[close]
but don't see any place that looks like it...

Hints?

SHADOW

Tabata

you are searching for ...
Spoiler
... a place called crystal mountain and try to get there
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 10/08/2012 19:31:17
you are searching for ...
Spoiler
... a place called crystal mountain and try to get there
[close]

Oh...never heard of it..thank you

partydoc

I'm stuck after returning from Venice,
Spoiler
made out how to write the letter from the Archbishop, but have no idea how to get his stamp underneath it. Tried everything with ink and feather and burnt cork... nothing. The key to the chest in the hidden passage looks a little bit like an Archbishops sign, but also I can't combine it with anything else...  :confused:
[close]
Thanks for your help!

Tabata

partydoc you are on the right track ...
Spoiler
...sometimes wax can help.
[close]

Btw. please use spoilers for that others don't read hints by accident - Thanks!

partydoc

Ok, I was thinking about sth like this before, but...
Spoiler
I don't have any wax, already tried to interact with the candle in several ways, but with no effect...
[close]

Tabata

Well, the candle is ...
Spoiler
...made of wax â€" how about to cut a piece off.
[close]

partydoc

This seems pretty logical. Maybe I'm misssing an important item?
Spoiler
Neither with the knife, the fire tongs (seperated or together) nor with the bodkin I'm able to cut the candle...
[close]
Please, Tabata, I'm really desperate...  :cry:

Tabata

Hmm, did you ...
Spoiler
...blow the candle out before cutting?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk