Journey to Hell

Started by Shadow1000, Wed 01/08/2012 15:04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

partydoc

Wow, these puzzles get more and more difficult... or am I too stupid?! :embarrassed:
I didn't expect this game to become such a huge challenge, but otherwise, there are really plenty of games containing puzzles, which are much too easy, so I won't complain!
Spoiler
I finally placed the melted wax underneath the letter now, but I still have no stamp. The idea with the chest key, which reminds me of an Archbishop's sign, seems not to work. On the other hand, I finally found the crypt in the cathredal, so I thought maybe to find the Archbishop's ring there, but nothing seems to fit in the keyhole... Or am I following the wrong path at the moment?
[close]

Tabata

Yes, this one is for real adventurers and it is (very) hard sometimes.   (nod)

But you are (still) on the right track ...
Spoiler
...what you need for to complete a seal is to be found in the crypt.
Think about how a seal on a letter in real is to be made and watch out for something you can use to create your seal. It's not that hidden.
[close]

axxesfun

Quote from: partydoc on Wed 15/08/2012 20:15:56
Wow, these puzzles get more and more difficult... or am I too stupid?! :embarrassed:
I didn't expect this game to become such a huge challenge, but otherwise, there are really plenty of games containing puzzles, which are much too easy, so I won't complain!
Spoiler
I finally placed the melted wax underneath the letter now, but I still have no stamp. The idea with the chest key, which reminds me of an Archbishop's sign, seems not to work. On the other hand, I finally found the crypt in the cathredal, so I thought maybe to find the Archbishop's ring there, but nothing seems to fit in the keyhole... Or am I following the wrong path at the moment?
[close]

hint:
Spoiler
What you are searching for, can be find in the crypt. True you need to have a key for the keyhole... what can you do in order to get a key?
[close]

more:
Spoiler
...whenever needed, you can cut off more wax from the candle and...
[close]

quite hot:
Spoiler
Have you already tried to create a copy?
[close]

partydoc

Thank you so much, Tabata and axxesfun :kiss:,
Spoiler
combining the wax with the keyhole finally did the trick. Now, after a cool exorcism (it reminds me of the classic movie), I made it to egypt.
[close]

partydoc

Stuck in the desert...
Spoiler
I want to reach the pyramids. The fortune teller showed me two stones, one with the meteorite and one with a moon-and-star sign. So, what have these signs got to do with the four paths? There are for star signs which may be connected with the paths (if I got this right): leo, cancer, snake and bear. I really can't see the connection between these four signs and the two stones the fortune teller showed me.
[close]

Tabata

about fortune teller ...
Spoiler
...this two stones are about the topic to follow and a hint about what time you need to go.
You'll meet someone new for a dialog then and afterwards she will show you a second series of  (more and other) stones - just the way you expect it â€" so hold on to your thoughts â€" your guess it correct about how to get to the pyramid.
I simply don't remember right now, if you need to do a special dialog with someone else about that or if you need to have an item in inventory before it will happen â€" but if you are still stuck I'll look into it.
Modified this hint not to confuse later readers - Thanks to "Shadow" for clarifying :kiss:
[close]

partydoc

No, there goes nothing...
Spoiler
I've been in in the desert several times at night, combined the star map with the sky and saw the map appear on the sky, then took this and that path by chance... Tried to interact with the mteorite... Tried to combine the map of the sirius constellation with the sky and so on...
Went back to England and Italy, nobody wants to talk with me any more, I can't interact with anything else any more which would provoce any change...
The fortune teller still only shows me the meteorite and the moon+star sign, which means, that I shall ride in the desert at night, but no hint, in which order I should follow the four paths...
[close]
That means, once again, I am completely stuck an doesn't know, what else I should try or do! :-[

Shadow1000

Quote from: partydoc on Fri 17/08/2012 22:29:56
No, there goes nothing...
Spoiler
I've been in in the desert several times at night, combined the star map with the sky and saw the map appear on the sky, then took this and that path by chance... Tried to interact with the mteorite... Tried to combine the map of the sirius constellation with the sky and so on...
Went back to England and Italy, nobody wants to talk with me any more, I can't interact with anything else any more which would provoce any change...
The fortune teller still only shows me the meteorite and the moon+star sign, which means, that I shall ride in the desert at night, but no hint, in which order I should follow the four paths...
[close]
That means, once again, I am completely stuck an doesn't know, what else I should try or do! :-[

Did you
Spoiler
follow the meteorite and meet the Bedouin?
[close]

SHADOW

partydoc

Thank you Shadow1000,
Spoiler
I did try follow the meteorite several times before, but i didn't think, that I would have to do this again and again several times, before sth happens. Then I got too much distracted by the hints about the star signs in this forum, because nobody mentioned to follow the meteorite to find the bedouine an then the real story wth the different star sign begins...
[close]
Now I am at last in the pyramid! Let's see what comes next... ;) 

Shadow1000

Quote from: partydoc on Fri 17/08/2012 23:01:25
Thank you Shadow1000,
Spoiler
I did try follow the meteorite several times before, but i didn't think, that I would have to do this again and again several times, before sth happens. Then I got too much distracted by the hints about the star signs in this forum, because nobody mentioned to follow the meteorite to find the bedouine an then the real story wth the different star sign begins...
[close]
Now I am at last in the pyramid! Let's see what comes next... ;) 

You're welcome. Good luck and enjoy the game.

SHADOW

partydoc

Yeah, I finally made it, the world is saved (for now...) (laugh)

Thanks for all the help from Tabata, Axxes and Shadow and the other hints in this forum.  :-*

Some of the puzzles were really difficult, somehow I liked that, so it took me some long evenings to find out the solutions. As I said before, some games have much too easy puzzles nowadays, so you are through them pretty too fast! Although sometimes it wasn't too obvious what the game wanted from me, but the longer I played it, the more I understod the way these puzzles are constructed.

Really nice game, with a very unique style and atmosphere, afar from the mainstream, although with some little bugs and flaws - most of them already mentioned in this forum.

Romeo, hope to see and play more from you in the future, you really made a god job!!  8-)

Greetings from Germany,

Partydoc

Tabata

Congratulations for the first adventurers successfully completing this „hellish“  game!

Maybe you want to vote that game or/and leave a comment for other users to let them know, what will await them entering this adventure?
You can do it in the database over here and of course taking the time to leave a comment for the author in the forums-thread is very appreciated for feedback and critism. I am pretty sure that praise is also gladly accepted by Romeo  :grin:

btw.
(I am just curious to know) 
Did you rescue the world including Leyla?  :wink:

partydoc

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 19/08/2012 13:12:00

Did you rescue the world including Leyla?  :wink:

Oh, are there several endings??

Spoiler
In "my" ending, Leyla wanted to live with me and the last scene was a romantic kiss with her sorrunded by a big heart.
[close]

What might the other endings be and what triggers them?

Tabata

@ partydoc
To get your (very) happy ending you
Spoiler
rescued her earlier at the cemetary.

I didn't (roll)... and saw her (body) again in hell â€" So I had a not so romantic ending at my first try.
Just a hero who saved the world, but without a kiss/bride as a reward :cool:
[close]

partydoc

Oh, I see...

Spoiler
You didn't manage to kill the devil at the cemtery who tries to grab her just in time...
[close]

That's sad of course...  :~(

I already voted for the game and made a comment in the database.  ;)

Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe Tabata, Du bist ja unglaublich engagiert und aktiv in diesem Forum! Super!!!  :-*

Tabata

Quote from: partydoc on Sun 19/08/2012 13:42:41
I already voted for the game and made a comment in the database.  ;)
Cool - thank you!

... That's sad of course...  :~(
Yepp â€" that's what happened - but no prob, because I got it later, too  :wink:

Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe Tabata, Du bist ja unglaublich engagiert und aktiv in diesem Forum! Super!!!  :-*

Gern geschehen! ... und Dankesehr!

al77

Much thanks Peter, I was looking every page for this! I always need a walkthru to get out of even the first room, I'm proud to say.

Eli

Hi, very nice game... but i am very frustated with the minotauro part... I have hit it 3 times but I don´t kill it never... and I have my sword as it has to be... fine. Ok, thanks for the game, very very good game !!!!

sthomannch

you have
Spoiler

charged the sword? You can also slow down the game and look at the other hints about the minotaur in this thread. You have to position your character at the right spot (move between attacks) and swing the sword early enough.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk