News on the website and the AGS blog

Started by BigMc, Wed 01/08/2012 16:54:49

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMc

Hi,

it's a great idea to integrate the AGS blog into the AGS homepage like it is already the case. But I have some ideas how this can possibly improved even further.

First of all, SSH and Dualnames (I think you're the ones running the blog), do you feel up to managing the AGS news, i.e. accepting and reviewing suggestions for articles for publication in the AGS blog? Example: a developer added new features or a new port to AGS and searches for testers. How can he make an announcement?

If you are, I propose a few step to encourage getting more news from the community into the blog and onto the AGS homepage.

First, it seems like AGS blog posts are selected by hand for inclusion on the homepage. Why not include every blog post automatically by software?
Second, there should be a link or form for submitting articles both on the AGS homepage and the blog.

What do you think?

AGA

They are included "automatically by software".  I think it's just that only posts with a certain tag are included.  There's certainly no human involvement in getting them up on the homepage.

BigMc

Ok, nice, then all that is needed is to tell people how to submit news. If that is welcomed.

Dualnames

While I am not the actual administrator of the blog, I'm willing to accept any articles anyone sends my way, if that's what you're suggesting here.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

BigMc

What do SSH and you think about putting a short description about submitting on the blog? A mail address or form and maybe some words about what kinds of articles you would like to receive?

SSH

I've added a submission link to the blog.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk