Barely Floating

Started by Fitz, Fri 17/08/2012 21:39:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Thanks, but I can't get that to work.

Spoiler

If I use the cane on the cabing window, I can't reach, cos the stairs are too low.
If I use the meathook, that'll break the window, but it won't help me get up there.
And the 2 items won't combine.
[close]

Fitz

The hook will be essential here -- but you'll need something else, too.
Spoiler
You need to get the chain
Spoiler
that the skeleton is shackled with
Spoiler
and attach the hook to it.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Frodo

Ahh, I completely missed that, thanks.   :grin:

Finished the game now.  Loved it!  And loved the ending.   :grin:

The music in the game was amazing!  Excellent job. 

Thanks for a wonderful game.   :grin:

rhcooper

This is going to sound probably completely ridiculous. 

What do I do at the end?

Spoiler
By end, I literally mean the final battle with the Captain.  I pressed the button, I eletrocuted him.  I know it has to do with timing and direction, but I have be doing trial & error for days and have NO clue how to end this dude. 
[close]

AJA

rhcooper,

Hint 1:
Spoiler
Have you tried the other button?
[close]
Hint 2:
Spoiler
You can get there quickly by running.
[close]
Solution:
Spoiler
Wait for the captain near the floor hatch. When he catches you, Joe will hopefully run away near the button. Press it while the captain's standing over the hatch.
[close]

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Didn't expect to find them in the hint thread. :P

Fitz

Yeah, it might seem like a weird place for that -- but it definitely shows how much we liked the puzzles in this one. They were crazy at times, but still logical in some way.

aworldofblue

Quote from: Stee on Fri 17/08/2012 22:59:41
Spoiler
Maybe someone would like that magazine
[close]

Trouble quite in the beginning

Spoiler
Where do I get the magazine from?
[close]

Fitz

Spoiler
At some point, when you go to the upper deck (where the guard is), you'll notice the Captain and Pex are there, too, talking. I thought it happened after you've asked Igon about the Captain or Pex and Bingo, after interviewing everyone else available -- but it seems you can do it earlier on. Just go up the stairs near the info guy. So when you see them talking on the upper deck, you'll notice something.
Spoiler
A magazine lying on the ground. Wait for the Cap and Pex to go away to pick it up.
[close]
[close]

selmiak

where do I

Spoiler
strap 3d enhanced and taped Barbara on?
I thought maybe the pig, but he won't do it...
[close]

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 31/08/2012 23:23:44
where do I

Spoiler
strap 3d enhanced and taped Barbara on?
I thought maybe the pig, but he won't do it...
[close]

Spoiler
As far as I remember, when you have the complete costume, you use it on the door before you go in to see the fat guy.
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Where do I find the

Spoiler
Magazine?
[close]

and how do I get the

Spoiler
Leaf?
[close]

Fitz

Spoiler
The upper deck, where the armed guard is. See my previous post, three or four above, for more details if you have any problems.
[close]

Spoiler
You should be able to just take it at some point. Can't remember exactly if you need to complete any task or just ask Igon about it - but while I couldn't just take it from the very beginning, I had no problems later on.
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Spoiler
I freed the kids and got the shampoo. Ingor is watching them, but I still can't get the stupid leaf. There is no dialogue option for it, and he still says he doesn't want to steal it. I can't go upstairs because the armed guard with the assault rifle is watching me.
[close]

Fitz

GENERAL HINT: There doesn't have to be a dialog option. You can simply ask about anything in the room (that is clickable). All you do start a conversation and when you move the mouse away from the dialog options, you'll notice them fade a little.

Spoiler
Now just click the leaf.
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Spoiler
I have: The Gas Mask, 2 Coconuts, Scotch Tape, Barbara, Cane, and the R/G/B pills. How am I supposed to get Herr Hindenburg to move and/or fix the leaky valve to the far right? Also, I made the hacker hit the Jukebox when he throws the drink, and I'm not sure if I'm doing Karaoke right.
[close]

Fitz

A lot has been answered in detail before. The easiest and fastest thing to do sometimes is just check other people's questions.

For what to do with Herr Hindenburg -- and then the hacker -- check my reply to Frederic
HERE

For the karaoke -- which is indeed very tricky -- check Frederic's and my replies to AndyFromVA  HERE.

MiSaNtHrOpE

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 14/09/2012 19:54:00
A lot has been answered in detail before. The easiest and fastest thing to do sometimes is just check other people's questions.

For what to do with Herr Hindenburg -- and then the hacker -- check my reply to Frederic
HERE

For the karaoke -- which is indeed very tricky -- check Frederic's and my replies to AndyFromVA  HERE.

Spoiler
I completed the Karaoke puzzle, but I cannot get the fat dude stuck between the vats (spray leak is currently facing toward the right). The Stickiness only lasts for about 4 steps, and he isn't even close to going between them. Is there a way to make the stickiness last longer?
[close]

Spoiler
Nvm, I figured it out: The spray is supposed to be toward the left. OK let's do this!
[close]

Fitz

Oops, my bad - I did menton
Spoiler
turning the valve for the leak to change direction right after you enter the room
[close]
, but I forgot to specify what it does exactly, that is
Spoiler
get him stuck completely rather than just slow him down.
[close]

Shadow1000

I have the
Spoiler
password from the hacker.
[close]

I don't know how to
Spoiler
get past the guard to get up to the computer. I suppose it has something to do with the fog but I'm stuck
[close]

Any tips would be appreciated.

SHADOW

sthomannch

Shadow
yes, you have to do something with the fog. First you need
Spoiler

the flashlight and telescope.
[close]
Spoiler

Flashlight: solve the karaoke puzzle, try several times if necessary, it becomes obvious at what to point after a while.
Telescope: ask Igon and when you got it use it on the small portrait of the captain that the artist painted.
Combine the telescope and the flashlight.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk