what do you think about this picture

Started by , Tue 21/08/2012 21:24:58

Previous topic - Next topic

ig299

A picture that i made after learning some experiences with adobe Photoshop
what do you think of it?

Khris

You should probably edit your post and shrink the image a bit, like this: [img width=800]http://i.imgur.com/sR6Rx.jpg[/img]
Also, it's spelled "desire".

ig299

Well i'm not quit sure how to re size  it and sorry for the spelling ignore it.

WHAM

The way it is presented (too big to get a good look) and with the glaring grammatical error, it looks a tad shit.
Also, I don't think this is the critics lounge, in which things like this belong.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Khris

Quote from: ig299 on Tue 21/08/2012 21:45:34
Well i'm not quit sure how to re size  it and sorry for the spelling ignore it.
I told you exactly how to do it: edit your post and add width=800 inside the opening tag. You can copy and paste it directly from my post.
(To edit your post, click the"modify" link in its top right corner.)

Technocrat

It's...uh...certainly big.

Unfortunately, things like spelling are not just something that people can ignore! Especially not me, I'm an English teacher!

amateurhour

What is it supposed to be? I see what looks like a blurry shadow of the tuning end of a cello and some light bars. A little context would help create better critique.
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

Stupot

ig299

I don't know i'v always had problems with re sizing.

Khris

1. Mark the img code in my post
2. Press Ctrl-C
3. Click "modify" in your first post
4. Delete your img code
5. Press Ctrl-V

Is this really too hard? I don't believe it is.

Edit:
WHAM, you might want to look at topic 46621.

WHAM

Oh yes, mr Khris, it is ever so hard to comprehend what all these confusing letters and concepts you are presenting us mean. Please let us continue this thread until it is five or six pages long, so that perhaps we can all be enlightened!

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

ig299

But is there a code to shrink it or shall i do it myself?

Anian

Quote from: ig299 on Wed 22/08/2012 01:21:18
I'm sorry but whether you are a troll (who really has too much time to commit to trolling by the number of your posts) or you just can't read or maybe don't know how to google "resize image in photoshop" (btw resizing takes 5 mouse clicks to do and can be done in under 30 seconds), it's times like these I wish there's an IQ requirement for the internet.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ig299 on Wed 22/08/2012 01:21:18
ig299, Khris already gave you an example to how shrink it. It was written above, but I'll repeat what he said:

Code: bbcode

[img width=800]http://i.imgur.com/sR6Rx.jpg[/img]

See that "width=800" part? It determines the target width of you image in pixels.
I would suggest use different number though since 800 seems too big too. What about "width=400"?
Here how your image looks like when that code is used:
Code: bbcode

[img width=400]http://i.imgur.com/sR6Rx.jpg[/img]

EDIT: I didn't realize moderator has already fixed the image size in the first post.

Armageddon

I think it looks awful and stupid. And I'm getting really tired of these troll threads that are trying too hard to be funny. I don't know man, we used to make games here. :)

ig299

You know what i am tried of being treated wrong and called a troll i'm just trying to share something staff people you're not following your own rule THINK Before you post.

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Technocrat on Tue 21/08/2012 22:27:33
It's...uh...certainly big.

Unfortunately, things like spelling are not just something that people can ignore! Especially not me, I'm an English teacher!

I wish my english teacher woulda made ags games.

ig299

And just so you know i don't have Photoshop at home I made this picture at Manatee technical institute.

Ghost

Quote from: ig299 on Wed 22/08/2012 21:08:47
And just so you know i don't have Photoshop at home I made this picture at Manatee technical institute.

I don't think that matters; no matter what paint program you use- it's nothing but a tool.

It would help to know what this is supposed to be- a promotional poster (maybe for a game), or even a title screen? I can't make out what the shapes are supposed to be but they seem to be a montage of... something? The "...desire like fire..." line sounds a bit corny, but it does have some rhyme to it.

If you want actual crits, I would say the image doesn't mean much to me because I can't make out anything on it- it's mostly red and yellow, so it links to "fire", but that's really about all it is (to me).

ig299

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk