Preview image on game pages

Started by Sam Ferdinand, Thu 30/08/2012 22:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Ferdinand

I promptly discovered that the screenshot on each game page is larger than what the user will experience by peeking at the one visible on the page (how? "loo-ong" loading time for a tiny picture ;)). Why isn't it possible to click on it to show it with its original size* ?
My next suggestion may instead be a question:
Not a good way to promote a game when the only image you (the developer?) show is the "box cover" (altough they are nice, naturally) and none with gameplay? I'm not asking you guys to change it with something else, but rather to add more screenshots for each game. I'm not a game developer myself, so I do not know who's responsible of maintaining the game entries accessible for the public, but apparently the code incorporates the use of SEVERAL screenshots, so let the promotional picture be shown as default but allow the good people who is judging whether they should download the game or not have more "free samples" in terms of in-game screenshots so they can see why they should play them. ;-D

* another suggestion I nevertheless would come with later: some web pages promoting old games (or "abandonware"), like www.myabandonware.com, automatically resizes the images to a preset, since they are all low resolution almost without exception. That way it's easy to view screenshots even from games that's 320x200.

Your humbly admirer
Sam Ferdinand

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk