My buddy, Dave, and I finished a new game for the Ludum Dare (you may remember our previous release, subAtomic
). It's in the same vein of comedy sci-fi adventuring, but bigger and better!
The arbitrarily evil Dr. M uses a nefarious machine (The SimianthesiserFeatures:
* Full-length point & click adventure!
* A story so packed with comedy it's liable to explode at any minute, covering you and anyone watching in a disgusting-yet-amusing goo!
* Stephen Hawking gives a conference from the ceiling!
* Meet a monkey pretending to be the president!
* Electrocute a small child!
* A working save/load system! (well, subAtomic didn't have one)
* 17 music tracks and almost 50 sound FX!
* And much, much more!
The game is substantially longer than subAtomic, and will probably take an hour or so of your time. That is, of course, a complete guess - your mileage may vary.
Almost all content was created within 3 days, and the entire AGS project was put together in Day 3 (also known as 'Oh-god-why Day').
What you're looking at here is the 'Enhanced Edition' which features the soundtrack/SFX, new/revamped scenes and a laundry-list of bug-fixes and tweaks based on community feedback.Download:
The AGS game page with download link can be found here
If you entered the Ludum Dare #24 Compo/Jam you can find our page here
! We'd love to hear what you think, and other LD48 entrants can submit a rating.