Broken Sword 5 Annnounced! Kickstarter Project.

Started by DazJ, Sun 12/08/2012 12:33:07

Previous topic - Next topic

amateurhour

Does anyone know if they built their own engine (like Skygoblin did) or used an existing one to make it portable to other platforms? Or I guess the easier question is what engine did they use to port the directors cut to the iPhone?     
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

Mati256

Yes, the look of the characters is also putting me off. But I will probably pledge anyway in the end.
My Blog! (En Español)

Yeppoh

Yay! I did some character designs for this game! I was actually surprised they included some of my concept arts of the new characters in the video.
I really hope this project will be funded. I wish to be able to design some more.

Anian

Wow, in 7 days they got $320k, that's rather impressive.

There's an update comment from Cecil, where he says "Where possible, we will release the game without DRM," what does that mean? I thought it was a given to have the game without DRM, since you've basically paid off the game from the launch and the rest is profit, right? I'm not advocating piracy or anything, just saying it'd be kind of dickish to put DRM on a KS funded game...then again, DRM is usually dickish as is.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

amateurhour

I think that means if you buy the game from them directly, it would be DRM free, but if you get it off steam later on, it wouldn't be. I would just chalk it up to them playing it safe with their wording
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

Technocrat

I've a shameful confession, I've got to catch up on the first four before I can get on to this one!

Anian

Quote from: Technocrat on Sat 01/09/2012 23:51:48
I've a shameful confession, I've got to catch up on the first four before I can get on to this one!
Well, Steam (and maybe others) have a trilogy bundle, you won't miss anything with the 4th, it's nothing special (although it's ok). Just play the 1st (Shadow of the Templars) so you know how the main characters met and then you'll want to play the 2nd because it's more of the same awesomeness.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Azure

Quote from: Technocrat on Sat 01/09/2012 23:51:48

If you're wiling to back the higher tiers you get the older games as part of it. But really 1 & 2 are the best, 3 was meh and 4 was OK.Play #1 for sure though.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Jimbob

Stretch goals announced....

BASS2 after a million ...

That's BENEATH A STEEL SKY TWO.

(although why they don't Kickstarter it separately I don't know...)
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

Babar

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaha....they're such cheeky bastards.

I bet they'll reach a million now. Not sure I approve of their tactics...if I had the money, I'd ALMOST be persuaded to fork some over, even though I don't care much for Broken Sword....
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Frodo

Quote from: Jimbob on Wed 05/09/2012 18:18:18
Stretch goals announced....

BASS2 after a million ...

That's BENEATH A STEEL SKY TWO.

(although why they don't Kickstarter it separately I don't know...)

If they do a seperate campaign for BASS2, I would back that for sure.  Not too bothered by Broken Sword though.  :cool:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk