Troll Song

Started by CaptainD, Wed 05/09/2012 23:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Firstly, I have to say that this is nothing to do with Pixel Hunt's song!

Secondly... this is going to take a while to come out.  I'm working on this with Tino (Knoodn), creator of the amazingly awesome UNGA needs MUMBA; he's doing the programming and graphics, I'm doing the writing, game design and voice acting.   Both of us are working on other, bigger projects at the moment so this one is going to take a while to come out... but we're steadily working on it.  Music is being provided by the frighteningly talented KingSeamus (http://www.kingseamus.com/).

Troll Song is a little different to most of the other games I'm working on - we're using a 5-verb interface (+Look), the verbs are very specific to a troll.  This isn't a game about dumb brutes... okay the trolls may not speak very eloquently or be extremely intelligent, but they have a definite culture and code of conduct.  (I've always felt that trolls have been dealt an extremely harsh hand in literature!)  This episodic game series gives them a whole new mythology, a creation mythos, and despite their strength and size, a very dangerous enemy...

We're only actually developed one location so far, but it is a rather large location containing a number of puzzles.  Here are some screenshots:

In Troll Song Episode 1: Completely Stoned you play as Clod, a troll who along with all the other trolls has been overpowered by a mysterious force and locked away inside a mountain, trapped by strange devices that are slowly turning them back into inanimate stone.  A freak avalanche opens up a hole into the area Clod is being held, and this reverses the process slightly - enough for him to free himself properly, save his troll brothers and start to find out who their enemy is?  That part's up to you...  As you can partially see from the screenshots, being turned to stone has left Clod a little short of abilities... before you can hope to escape, you'll need to regain your strength and get those abilities back.  (Okay I admit it, this was largely inspired by the part in Zak McKraken where you got locked in a cell by the alien mindbenders and were left with only the Walk verb active until slowly the rest returned!)

I'll post more information on this thread of course and you can also keep tabs on the game at http://www.troll-song.com/.  Once we've got a little further into development I'll probably be looking for some beta testers.  We're hoping to give this game a unique look and feel, and I think we're along the right lines so far.

KodiakBehr

This is a fantastic idea!  I really do like the art direction here.

selmiak

This is looking very promising already. I love how he roars at the boulder.

*secretly hopes for secret unloackable special attacks like headbutting and screenshaking*
maybe as DLC?

AnasAbdin

CaptainD never fails to surprise me! I love everything about Troll Song!
It makes me sad that it'll take a while to come out... I can only imagine the amount of fun waiting for us!

keep up the good work!

CaptainD

KB - thanks, glad you like the idea!  Tino is entirely responsible for the great art design, I just send him obscure sketches and he turns them into something good!

Selmaik - headbutts no (at least they're not planned at this stage), screenshaking definintely features though!  ;-D

Anas - glad I've surprised you!  Though... if you expect to be surprised next time and I do surprise you again, will you actually be surprised??!  Anyway, we'll get it finished as soon as practically possible, but I have to admit that both Tino and myself have other priorities right now... mainly Captain Disaster and Journey of Iesir.  But we WILL definitely get Troll Song made!  8-)

JSH

This looks cool, love the primitive verbs! I find something really compelling with playing a "simple" character, probably for the very same reason I sometimes enjoy playing old RPG's with extremely low character intelligence ;)

In any case, I enjoyed the games you guys have done previously and I'm looking forward to playing this one!

CaptainD

This is very belated, but... thanks Krusbert!

I can now confirm that we will have a (very short) playable demo of Troll Song at Adventure-X.

Fitz

Ah, I knew right away that the art style looked familiar :) And the game definitely sound and looks fun. How often do you get to smash or roar at things in an adventure game? ;) Selmiak has a point, too. There are so many fun things a troll could do. Speaking of which... will there be conversations in the game?

CaptainD

Quote from: Fitz on Thu 22/11/2012 15:57:26
... will there be conversations in the game?

Yes, although not necessarily in the first episode.  Conversations will become more part of the game later in the series.

Paul Franzen

Nice! How long before the demo hits the Internets?!
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

CaptainD

Not sure if we're going to do a public demo - the one we have for Adventure-X is very short, and since the first episode is planned to be pretty short anyway, I'm a bit uncertain as to whether it's work releasing the demo we have (which is effectively one large room) when it will likely make up at least 20% of the total game length.

Such a short demo will work fine (I think!) for an exhibition where people will probably have limited time on a demo PC, but for people downloading it they may be disappointed by its shortness - you'll probably only take about 10 minutes to complete it in its current state.

(That said - if you want to play the build we have so far, drop me a PM.)

WHAM

I'm sorry, but hasn't ANYONE thought about this yet?

Troll Song

Seriously? IT WILL NEVER LEAVE YOUR MIND!

Also: Like the look of the game, I know a few people who will have no trouble whatsoever in gettin into that troll -mindset. ;)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Fitz

That song should be the soundtrack to this game, with the trololo part playing on loop.

CaptainD

Wham - I kept thinking it must surely stop (for the love of everything good and sacred), but it just kept going!

Actually I do have a theme song in mind... maybe I'll post a snippet sometime.

CaptainD

The intro sequence is really coming together nicely - Tino's artwork is just perfect for this game!  We're trying to get a better demo made in time for Adventure-X than the one we already have.  I've re-voiced the main character too, it wasn't good enough before.

CaptainD

Feedback so far from beta testing has been very positive so far, I hope everyone who wants to gets a chance to play it at Adventure-X - it's probably only about 10-15 minutes to play through the demo we have so far including the intro. 

Also we have another musician on board - Eric Galluzo (AGS forum member Viking), who may well also be adding his voice talents to the proceedings.  He tells me that he already sounds a little Trollish...  :-D  Also Rob McManus (LTGiants2000( will be helping with playtesting, voice acting and (provided the virtual slave-driving whip is working properly) creating a trailer for Troll Song that will be on show at Adventure-X, and released on the net after that.

If anyone would be interested in joining the beta testing team, please PM me.

splat44

Interesting graphics and on those vebs.

Are there going some sound effects with those verbs?
That should make game even more interesting!

I know you probably will be asking for beta when the time comes and I would certain like to take part of this!
I did several test with few games as you may see it attached to my userID.

Regards

CaptainD

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/12/2012 00:32:34

Well, some will have specific sound effects - mainly Roar and Smash (sorry to Hulk fans, but "CLOD SMASH!" is going to resound in your ears soon) - but for others it will depend on whether the particular action needs a sound effect in the game.

The team is growing:

Viking has joined as musician and voice actor
LTGiants2000 has joined as playtester and voice actor
TheBitPriest has joined as playtester
splat44 has joined as playtester (check your PM, splat!)

splat44

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 12/12/2012 12:57:03
Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/12/2012 00:32:34

Well, some will have specific sound effects - mainly Roar and Smash (sorry to Hulk fans, but "CLOD SMASH!" is going to resound in your ears soon) - but for others it will depend on whether the particular action needs a sound effect in the game.

The team is growing:

Viking has joined as musician and voice actor
LTGiants2000 has joined as playtester and voice actor
TheBitPriest has joined as playtester
splat44 has joined as playtester (check your PM, splat!)

Great and I got it. If any reports, I'll send you a PM!

selmiak

If you need another playtester I'd like to join the bunch.

CaptainD

Sure!  Check your PM  ;-D  However, I think that for the moment, we do not require any more playtesters after Selmiak!

The full team:

Koodn - Programming, graphics
CaptainD - Storyline, game design, voice acting
KingSeamus - Music
Viking - Music, voice acting
LTGiants2000 - Testing, voice acting
TheBitPriest -  Testing
Splat44 - Testing
Selmiak - Testing

m0ds

I only really caught a glimpse at AdventureX but I am certainly intrigued by Troll Song and will definitely play the demo when there is one. Nice stuff and thanks for presenting CaptainD!

CaptainD

Aw man, no-one remembered that there was a playable demo at Adventure-X, even you!  (But I'd be surprised if you can remember anything much with the amount of running around and organising you had to do!!).

Anyway I'll be putting up a playable demo of Troll Song on the AGS games page really soon.  Watch this space!

CaptainD

Demo now released!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1644/

I just have to warn you - this IS a very short demo.  But it should give you a nice feel for what the game is going to be like and you have the full introductory cut-scene, which no-one apart from those who saw the game's presentation at Adventure-X will have seen before.

Incidentally, we're now calling the episodes "verses - it seems appropriate for a game entitled Troll Song.

Tabata

He, he, heee - that was cute!

"ME WANT MOOOAR!"

I like to play with trolls (laugh)

Hernald

I like this! The non-standard actions are a clever touch and the artwork suits the subject.

CaptainD

@Tabata - I'm not sure sure Trolls (even civillised ones!) would appreciate being referred to as "cute"...  :P
@Hernald - thanks, from the start I wanted to do something a little different with this game and happily it looks like it'll work well.  Tino's artwork has brought my ideas to life wonderfully.

Tabata

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 24/01/2013 12:17:04
@Tabata - I'm not sure sure Trolls (even civillised ones!) would appreciate being referred to as "cute"...  :P
Well, I am pretty sure they wouldn't.   (laugh)
But their behavior, "talk" and look is so - ahem - ...   CUTE :grin:

Take it as a big compliment that you and your team were able to make me like them ;)
good work, really!

Fitz

You girls will swoon over every grunting brute with an underbite ;)

LTGiants2000

I played the demo well before I was involved in this project in any way and it's pretty awesome, I must admit. I love the custom SCUMM interface, it adds a cool new dimension to a classic system! Can't wait to play more of it!

CaptainD

A nice review of the Troll Song Demo has appeared on AdventureGamers.com.

(At the bottom of the first page of the freeware round-up - http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/24053)

CaptainD

The weird thing is, there are a couple of commenters over on Adventure Gamers who are actually encouraging me to think of charging for this even though I've always said it will be freeware.  Perhaps they think we will make a better game if we ask for money for it?

LTGiants2000

I've PERSONALLY never had a problem with an independent developer selling ANY of their games so long as the price = the quality & effort put into the game. If the game is $1 it will probably (and should be) a shorter, less deep experience. Adversely, if the game is $5-10 it should be full length, deeper and offer a longer lasting experience than the previous.

Just my opinion.

CaptainD

Sorry, I know this is resurrecting a really old thread but there is a good reason.  Clod is ready to SMASH once more!

After a long hiatus, Troll Song is back in production.  Dualnames is taking over the coding mantle and AprilSkies will be our new artist.  Development isn't likely to be spectacularly rapid, but we would be looking at getting the full Verse One released within a few months.  I'll update when I have more info.

The episodes will still be Freeware.  Once the final episode has been released however, we will be putting it all together as a single game, adding content to what's already there as well, and releasing that commercially.  That's going to be a long way off, but just to let people know the plan.  You can read more about our new team members in this post on the dev blog].

Andail

Good news, CaptainD!
With so much talent on board you're headed for success :-D

selmiak

These are exiting news! Keep us posted! ;-D

Peder 🚀

Amazing news CaptainD! :)

Tabata

That's great news!

CitizenParagon

Really excited for this. Will be waiting with bated, mossy breath.

Paul Franzen

I've been waiting for more new on this! Glad to hear it! I'm glad you're considering a commercial release, too--your game's got such a unique hook that I feel like you've got a good chance at success.
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

AprilSkies

Winning another Best Demo Award you should change your nick into CaptainD-emo (laugh)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

No, I am NOT going to call myself CaptainDemo, because we ARE going to get Captain Disaster, Troll Song etc finished and released! :-D

Guys - I'm really pleased to see that there's so much interest in Troll Song, and AprilSkies, bad suggestions for nicknammes aside, has been doing some amazing artwork for it.  Soon I'll nag Dualnames into putting it all together.  TS has been in hiatus for longer than I care to think about, but it's making up for lost time atm!

KodiakBehr

Call me first when you need testers!

CaptainD

I'm not going to post too many screens as obviously don't want to show people the whole game before they play it, but... take a peek here.

Driven Bats

I gotta say, the name Troll Song is what made me check out this thread, and the art is what made me look for more. You really got a nice-lookin' game here!

The demo is cool, and reminds me of the point-and-click puzzle-solving adventures I loved as a kid. I dig the background music, too. Can't wait to see more!

CaptainD

Thanks Driven Bats!  Glad you liked the demo, think you'll like the full game much more. We're really trying to make something that's unique but still reminiscent of the old LucasArts classics, so I'm really glad it reminds you of the older games. :-D

Myshkin

"Small stone come back!"

Looking forward to this one :)

AprilSkies

Quote from: Driven Bats on Thu 27/03/2014 22:18:03
I gotta say, the name Troll Song is what made me check out this thread, and the art is what made me look for more.

Knoodn did a wonderful job here. Art is what hooked me... then I tryed the game and fell in love.
Working on Khoodn sprites I've been even more impressed: small details are amazing.

CaptainD

Tried to stop myself but couldn't... AprilSkies' artwork is too lovely to keep to myself!

Getting close to the point where we can send Verse One out to the testers...  (KodiakBehr and Paul Franzen have joined our testing team btw - welcome guys!)

Yes, Dugg is picking his nose in the screenshot - he does that.  Which also leads me to introduce oraxon as the voice of Dugg. 

More news soon...

Slasher

QuoteYes, Dugg is picking his nose in the screenshot - he does that.
Yukky bugger (laugh)

Lovely colour tones/shades by AprilSkies ;)

Gurok

Played the demo. I really like the work so far. Great stuff. Very smooth graphics and lots of work on the transitions. I love Clod's roars. Looking forward to playing the whole thing.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Tabata

YAY - cool news of the progress and a wonderful screenshot - can't wait to get my hands on this

miguel

Great graphics and palette, I kind of wish that a C64 Barbarian would show up and start kicking some butt!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

Thanks all for your interest!

(Miguel... no plans for a Barbarian, but perhaps we could fit in a Goblin who sells onions?)

Just a quick update - testing is going well, and I've handed over the voicing of Clod to Jesse Lowther (many thanks to Fizzii for the tip!). Lots of little improvements made to the interface, animations, etc as a result of testers' feedback, as well as a few bug fixes.  All looking good so far!

Hobo

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 06/05/2014 12:40:34
Miguel... no plans for a Barbarian, but perhaps we could fit in a Goblin who sells onions?
Don't worry, Miguel, we'll just have to mod the game after its release:
http://i.imgur.com/DCkG1oV.png
This is what you guys had in mind, right? Barbarians and gobliiins?

Good to hear that things are progressing well. The demo was awesome and I can't wait to play some more.
Also, Jesse Lowther sounds pretty nice.

CaptainD

It's been far too long since I did an update post.  So...

Verse I is complete, Verse II is getting very close to completion, Verse III is being mapped out.  (In case you didn't know or had forgotten, there are 5 verses in total in the game).  Since Jim and Andrea joined the team we've been moving forward at a nice pace.

Just a couple of screenshot segments for you whilst you wait...

[imgzoom]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NA0TNufebRQ/VF83kMzrvvI/AAAAAAAAd04/z5kp1Cq-iZc/s1600/ALCHEMIST_GARDEN_segment.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0shx4fUjhlE/VDGnWxazWlI/AAAAAAAAdXg/SFUokUeGmMc/s1600/Screenshot%2Bsegment%2B5th%2BOctober%2B2014.png[/imgzoom]

See you at Adventure-X!

[imgzoom]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pn3BId_i6JM/VDk4bMgxaYI/AAAAAAAAdcs/BY4D5uihHkU/s1600/Troll%2BSong%2Bfor%2BAdventure-X.png[/imgzoom]

The Dev Blog has also received a little bit of a facelift.

NickyNyce

Looking great. Keep up the good work everyone.

AnasAbdin

Great to see progress :-D love the new media. Keep up!

selmiak

looking great, but I'd love to see them even bigger. Y U NO USE IMGZOOM?

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 09/11/2014 13:06:13
looking great, but I'd love to see them even bigger. Y U NO USE IMGZOOM?

Just for you, I've edited the post and made them all zoomable.  :wink:

Matti

This looks very nice! Keep it up!

selmiak

now selmiak like lots more! ;-D

AprilSkies

I'm having a lot of fun making the gfx for this game.

I especially had fun making a top-down town, I'm going to show you "cropped" (in Dave's style).

I wanted to make my personal homage to Ultima VII (as you can see in the "prospective" of the buildings)

cacaro

That looks fantastic!

AnasAbdin

I love this :-D what a great team! The top view is awesome. I love different camera positions in adventure games. Keep up the good work 8-)

CaptainD

Thanks cacaro and Anas! :cheesy:

Really happy that people are looking forward to this.

A little more news:
- a native Linux version is planned to be released simultaneously with the PC version
- an official welcome to Bicliotti, who has joined our test team

CaptainD

A more conventional view... but beautiful graphics!  (Zoombable just for Selmiak :P)

[imgzoom]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N9gUQ4Pfo6Q/VGZ0mT3BgXI/AAAAAAAAd5U/W59bKhUeYC0/s1600/In%2Bthe%2BGarden.png[/imgzoom]

Monsieur OUXX

This is so (apparently) simple, yet so damn pretty. *jealous*

Fizzii

Lovely stuff. Good to see the game coming along so well :)

CaptainD

Thanks both!

@Monsieur OUXX - yes, as you guessed, the apparent simplicity is rather deceptive.  A fairly deep game with strong characterisation in here (at least that's what I'm aiming for).
@Fizzii - thanks again for your voice actor tip - Jesse has done an incredible job with Clod's voicing, but he's enthusiastic about helping the project in other ways too. ;-D

splat44

Great graphics CaptainD!

I also received an email from AprilSkies tales game creator and She helping you with graphic.
You might adding her among credits in beginning of original thread.

AprilSkies also asked my interesting in joining test team and as well with troll song, since I'm already in and so we can be on same page, of course I'm still interested in helping out as usual. It possible she might remind you by email. Good luck in present this in AdventureX London!

CaptainD

Hi Phil!

Firstly, for Andrea's sanity as this isn't the first time it's happened... AprilSkies is a guy!   :grin:

I did PM all the original testers when we restarted development, but maybe you didn't get yours?  Anyway would be more than happy to have you back on board!

Updating the first post is a good idea, I'll get it done soon, but in the meantime there is a credits page on the dev blog.

AprilSkies takes most of the credit for the awesome graphics, though koodn has to take a lot of credit for creating the first location and awesome art style in the first place.

miguel

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 22/11/2014 09:38:56

Firstly, for Andrea's sanity as this isn't the first time it's happened... AprilSkies is a guy!   :grin:

We all know that, we're only messing with Andrea (a name that in Portuguese IS feminine)  :=
Jokes aside, this looks really good guys, great job! That top view is unique in AGS and beautifully made.

AprilSkies

@Miguel: and even if it was a male name in Portuguese, we all know how easy is to lose "male attributes" in Portugal (laugh)

CaptainD

PLEASE don't let Miguel turn this into another orchiectomy thread... (wrong) (wrong) (wrong) (wrong)

To bring this back a little more to the point...

[imgzoom]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n_dAs-jSU-w/VHBxPcQ_CEI/AAAAAAAAd_o/tAjcaOePQbc/s1600/Playing%2Bthe%2BDrums.png[/imgzoom]

Bavolis

These guys demand an Abbey Road poster. The game looks fantastic!

CaptainD

Thanks Bavolis.  Coming from someone who's own game looks so utterly awesome, that means a lot! :cheesy:

miguel

QuotePLEASE don't let Miguel turn this into another orchiectomy thread... (wrong) (wrong) (wrong) (wrong)
Will not, you guys deserve all the respect in the world, keep it up!

CaptainD

Thanks Miguel - I appreciate it! :grin:

I would also appreciate it if those interested in the game could hop over to the Dev Blog and cast their vote on how soon they would like to see the Verse One freeware game released (this will effectively replace the extremely short demo that already exists, but with the higher quality voicing, hint system, etc etc already in place as it will be in the full game.  It is, basically, the first part of the full game.)

Also, thoughts... for those that have played this, should it be possible (in the full game) to actually skip verse one completely?  I'm pretty torn about this idea.

splat44

Hi Dave, I looked at credit page, so there some constancy, I think by using my data as others. example first, last name and splat44 in ( ) should do.

Again, looking forward working on this project. 

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 22/11/2014 09:38:56
Hi Phil!

I did PM all the original testers when we restarted development, but maybe you didn't get yours?  Anyway would be more than happy to have you back on board!

Updating the first post is a good idea, I'll get it done soon, but in the meantime there is a credits page on the dev blog.

AprilSkies takes most of the credit for the awesome graphics, though koodn has to take a lot of credit for creating the first location and awesome art style in the first place.

CaptainD

Oops yeah, sorry - fixed now.

Voting is well under way, having the freeware "Verse One" released as soon as possible is the clear favourite atm.  Agree / disagree?  Cast your vote at http://www.troll-song.com/

Oh and I hope people take the time to listen to some of Viking's great cut scene music.  It's obviously better when you see the cut scene it goes with, but it's pretty awesome just as it is.  ;-D

splat44

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 27/11/2014 22:25:12
Oops yeah, sorry - fixed now.

Voting is well under way, having the freeware "Verse One" released as soon as possible is the clear favourite atm.  Agree / disagree?  Cast your vote at http://www.troll-song.com/

Oh and I hope people take the time to listen to some of Viking's great cut scene music.  It's obviously better when you see the cut scene it goes with, but it's pretty awesome just as it is.  ;-D

+1

CaptainD

HERE IT IS!  Proud to finally show our Teaser Trailer:

Or is it actually a Theatrical Trailer?  Now I'm confused... at any rate, I hope you enjoy it!

[embed=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALL9D3tWW0A[/embed]

AnasAbdin

I'm in the car going to the airport but I had to log in to say:

I love it!!!

Mandle

The trailer is epic beyond description!!!

m0ds

Nice trailer! Kudos on hiring James Earl Jones!

CaptainD

@Anas - thanks!  Hope it didn't make you miss your flight though... 8-0
@Mandle - why thank you sir, that is a very nice compliment ;-D
@Mods - hehe, I'm sure Jesse's voice gets compared to JEJ a fair bit.  Fortunately he's not as expensive... :-D

IndieRetroNews

Expect an article soon CaptainD, we were waiting for the trailer :)
The latest in Kickstarter, Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CaptainD

Quote from: IndieRetroNews on Fri 19/12/2014 15:23:40
Expect an article soon CaptainD, we were waiting for the trailer :)

Thanks for the post! :-D

Yeppoh

Great trailer! Curious to see the game out and see how the story unfolds.

CaptainD

Thanks Yeppoh!  Hope we don't disappoint.

Lasca

Woooow!! Christmas blockbuster!

CaptainD

@Lasca - if someone acquires the film rights and then gets Michael Bay to direct it, I'm going to become a hermit on a remote island. (roll)

(BTW in case anyone's getting lost looking for the actual trailer, here it is!)

LTGiants2000

What are the chances of a Christmas 2014 release??? Come on, I know you can do it!!

monkey424

Good work Dave. That promo was pretty good. Almost as good as the Sleuth promo. The graphics are pretty good too I guess. Don't work AprilSkies too hard.  ;)

LostTrainDude

Great trailer indeed!
I especially love the millisecond that made me see the available "verbs" and I have to admit that I didn't see the top-down section (about 0:50) coming at all!

Great stuff, looking forward to it :D
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

MiteWiseacreLives!

That had a AAA touch alright  :)
I'm getting into this game

Dropped Monocle Games

I like the look of this, nice work :D

Stupot

Nice trailer. This game is going to be awesome. Keep up the good work, chaps.

CaptainD

Thanks all!  Really glad people seem to like the trailer. 
@LTGiants2000 - NO CHANCE!
@monkey424 - well it couldn't be THAT good of course! :-D
@LostTrainDude - heh, we're full of surprises. 8-)
@MiteWiseacreLives - don't you know, trolls are almost as good as dinosaurs!
@Soxbrooker - thanks!
@Stupot+ - "this game is going to be awesome" - we certainly hope so!!

AprilSkies

I'm not saying because I made the gfx, but Dave and Tino had some great ideas in creating the concept of this game that it is really fun to play.

And Tino created the original art that I'm only expanding. He made an amazing job with art as well.

CaptainD

Both trailer and Adventure-X 2014 presentation can now be found at http://www.troll-song.com/p/videos.html.

CaptainD

Okay, the full game is not finished yet but the first verse is fully made, tested, tweaked, re-tested, re-tweaked, dusted, polished, squashed, sat on, squashed by being sat on, shouted at, caressed, lovingly praised, tested one last time and finally released as freeware!  Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

So, the old demo really wasn't up to the quality of the game that we've been making.  The complete Verse One that we're just released is (not saying we won't find ways to add to or improve it further before the full game is released of course! :grin:)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1880/

CaptainD

Thought you might like to see (part of) a scene from Act III for #screenshotsaturday. :cheesy:

[imgzoom]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ODjyYDd0_Rw/VN8yO10sotI/AAAAAAAAfWk/fTrZ3vIcUtE/s1600/ScreenshotSaturdayTrollSong.png[/imgzoom]

AnasAbdin

Oh yeah ;-D
I love the colors used alot!

CaptainD

Troll Song is now on IndieDB and within 24 hours has almost broken into the Top 100! :cheesy:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/troll-song

AnasAbdin

Congrats ;-D
and why is this not a surprise? good games deserve good things 8-)

splat44

Hi Dave,

I did some testing since yesterday but since it got already release and due to how busy I was, I have feeling I came a bit late. I sent a pm to mention a recommendation.

I also discovered the following:
Spoiler
After troll discovered other trolls being completely dead, I was surprise to see bats not moved after wall came down, When a rumble noise is heard, bats are usually afraid and should be moving. LOL
[close]

According to AprilSkies, there going to be troll song verse 2? If so, then I don't mind being on team as play tester and Andrae will agree on this as I am working on one of his game "tales" on same manner as yours

CaptainD

Thanks Phil

This released "Verse One" is just the first part of what will be the full game - you're still on the test team for the whole thing! :grin:  Good catch about the bats.

(Also - thanks Anas!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk