So...What are you guys doing december 22:nd 2012?

Started by Mouth for war, Thu 01/11/2012 20:50:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

I just think it's hilarious to read about people's fears and theories for the end of the world on december 21. The 22:nd is a saturday so I guess I'll have a nasty hangover and promise myself for the 10.000:th time to NEVER drink again and probably wish the world DID end so I'd get rid of that damn headache :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

OG

I'll probably find myself in a similar situation. We should all throw an Armageddon party and go completely mental with Ride of the Valkyries on repeat! That would be pretty cool. In fact, I think here would be a pretty good place to post your own soundtrack to the end of the world to be played at the party. That could get interesting... 

Babar

I'll be very annoyed if it does end. I have a bet going with a friend that if it doesn't, he has to pay up.
Also, my birthday is on the 26th!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Anian

And we know the Mayan calendar is important and precise, that's why they were prepared and predicted the arrival and wipeout of their civilization by the Spaniards...oh, wait.

But in any case, is there a bad reason for a party? I think not.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

KodiakBehr

Anian

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Thu 01/11/2012 22:29:04
Naked curling.
Wait, is it "naked" because people are curling with no clothes or because people slide naked on ice? In any case it sounds like it has a very bad  awesome to painful ratio, so I'd pass on this.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

OG

This is probably the album I will play and drink to at the end of the world. I'll admit, I got a bit lazy toward the end.

Disc one: The end

1. Korn - It's On!
2. The Prodigy - Omen
3. Fatboy Slim - Right Here Right Now
4. REM - It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
5. Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
6. Blue Öyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
7. The doors - Break On Through (To the Other Side)
8. AC/DC - Highway to Hell
9. Slipknot - Liberate
10. COF - From The Cradle To Enslave
11. Radiohead - idioteque
12. Clint Mansell â€" Lux Aeterna
13. Richard Wagner - Ride of the Walkyries

Bonus disk: Post apocalypse (The bonus being that we all survive).

1. Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts IV - 28
2. XTC - Dear God
3. The Pixies - Monkey Gone To Heaven
4. Modest Mouse - Float On
5. David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
6. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
7. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
8. John Cage - "4'33"
9. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun (This has to be the ultimate end of the world song).

Tabata

I am pretty sure to be in state of becoming hektic at the 22nd of December     

… because I won't have all the presents I want to give away on christmas at that time.

ThreeOhFour

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 02/11/2012 09:32:55
Making games. :=
Makes sense. I remember I had a felling that a world will end when Ben Chandler makes his 304th game.

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Ghost

Wise man say: When your thing get wrong, chilly down...

Ilyich

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 02/11/2012 09:37:13
Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 02/11/2012 09:32:55
Making games. :=
Makes sense. I remember I had a felling that a world will end when Ben Chandler makes his 304th game.

Oh, no! That's too soon! I want to live, dammit!  :cheesy:

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 03/11/2012 11:05:25
Wise man say: When your thing get wrong, chilly down...
That movie is so good.

NickyNyce

I'll probably be Barely floating, Falling skywards like a Spaceman in space on my Journey to hell into the Wages of darkness

Darth Mandarb

I saw this sign the other day where a pizza joint offered a refund on ALL purchases made in 2012 if the world ends on 12 December.  To claim your refund you simply have to provide all the proofs of purchases (the receipts) and "scientific evidence of the non-existence of any life on earth".

Freak'n brilliant!

Me personally?  I'll be giggling hysterically at all the morons that actually believed that a race of humans that thought their ancestors were made of sticks/leaves/mud somehow knew, a few thousand years ago, that the world was gonna end.

I marvel at human beings' absolute need to believe in some kind of dooms-day scenario!  There's gotta be something in our DNA that makes us crave such things.  Probably why we invented religion and politics...

miguel

And yet, with or without religion or politics, mammals like us have an average lifespan of 1M years and in the past 400 years nearly 100 species went extinct.
Scientist observed that a specie has some internal knowledge of when its final moments are near, they sense the population decrease and when that happens, individuals become erratic and will harm others of the same specie, often infants.
I too wonder why humans have that temptation to the abyss, the dooms-day scenarios. Maybe its written in our DNA.
Genetic manipulation has the possibility to change things like no other specie on Earth ever will. But messing around with DNA could eventually transform humans into something that can be non-human as we know it. New Humans could and most likely would assume that they are the real thing and colonize Real Humans as a mean to survive and prosper.

Working on a RON game!!!!!

m0ds

QuoteThere's gotta be something in our DNA that makes us crave such things

Spoiler

The influence of media and douchebag celebrities. I'd hope it's our DNA that tells us to go look for the truth, not just accept what we see on TV as the truth ;) The ancients never ever said this about Dec 21st. Dec 21st "end of the world" is the epitome of human retardation. I honestly don't want to be anywhere near a Western civilization on 20, 21 & 22 Dec because they're all being fucktards spoonfed by the media and happy to accept whatever rubbish they're being told. The Mayans labelled the end of the 13th Baktun as a time of great celebration, so who exactly came along and started the rumor that it's the end of the world? Some fucked up moron, or a bunch of them, or some elite power. Perhaps they don't want us to "celebrate", perhaps they need negative energy to override that date so that we never see/understand what was truly meant for the occasion.

Sorry to swear but this topic upsets me, the fact the ancients had such a great knowledge of the stars and stuff and say the end of baktuns are really celebratory times, yet the people in this time come along and excrete a gigantic turd all over it and smear the poo around until what was underneath is completely obscured.

"Deceive, Inveigle, Obfuscate"

That said, thank god there are no more "end of the world" prophecies for another 30 years after this (when there's a slight chance of a returning meteor impact). And the next baktun doesn't end for what, 1000 years? Even better ;)

PS. Mouth for war I am not dissing your thread, it's funny! I believed there was some credence in the end of world notion back in 2008, but then I used Wikipedia for 10 minutes and hated everything about the end of world notion moments later, thats all :)
[close]

mkennedy

If you're into the "Ancient Aliens" theory then Dec 22 may be the date mankind has its first official contact with extraterrestrials. Let's hope they are friendly and here to solve all our problems rather than hostile and here to enslave us and pillage our resources.

Stupot

I'm half hoping that all the 2012 believers commit mass suicide, ridding this world of a large chunk of its fucking idiot population... on the other hand I want them to stay alive long enough that we can see their faces at sunrise on the 22nd.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk