Can you solve this riddle?

Started by Renodox, Fri 09/11/2012 07:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Renodox

QuoteWhy are they wrong?
These puzzles are silly.

Because those aren't the answer that the riddle is looking for.  The puzzles may be silly, but riddles are silly.  If you don't like them, don't bother with the thread.

Seriously though, if it was THAT easy, it wouldn't be much of a puzzle.

ZapZap

Does manga
Spoiler
mean that there's something that has to be read backwards in some way?
[close]
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Renodox

Nope.  You're not on the right track there.  Word play can be used with manga, but there's a little more to it than that if you want to go a different route.

Ilyich

The first thing that came to my mind was a panda from Ranma 1/2, but kung fu-figthing pandas have become such a cliche lately, so I'm guessing that's not it. :) And I can't make heads or tails of the "I don't understand you" bit.

Andail

There's this myth - I believe it's a myth anyways - about how the name for some exotic animal, I think it was Kangaroo, was actually the natives way of saying "I don't understand you". So when the settlers/explorers pointed at the animal in question, the aborgines or whatever just said they couldn't understand.

Lead?

Renodox

Yeah, it's a lead, though, technically, you figured out the puzzle.  The correct answer was indeed "Kangaroo."

Other clues in the riddle were this:

In manga, as a response to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, another comic was made: Adolecent Kung-Fu Kangaroos.  The comic didn't last very long but it was there.

The word play is that if you tried to use rhymes with the final words in the first two sentences, you could also get it: Manga rhymes with Kanga, and Fu rhymes with roo.

Renodox

I'm running out of ideas but here's a fast one:

A direction associated with birds.

Stupot

Up.

Unless it's South (as every talks about them flying south for winter but no one ever mentions them flying north for summer :-/ )

Renodox

Incorrect on both.

Even if you get the correct answer, however, this time you'll have to explain WHY it's associated with them.  Let's just say, "answers without evidence are useless."

Stupot

Alfred Hitchcock. He 'directed' a film called 'The Birds'.

Eric

Baron

Quote from: Renodox on Thu 15/11/2012 04:45:12
A direction associated with birds.

Ornithophilia.  Oh wait, a DIRECTION....  No idea.

Renodox

This one's turning out better than I expected.  Nope, these aren't the answers either.  Good tries though.

Stupot

Down.
The small feathers used in pillows :-)

Stee

Skywards

and for brownie points I'm going to mumble something about a game called Falling Skywards

**mumble** Falling Skywards **mumble**

;)
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Renodox

QuoteDown.
The small feathers used in pillows :-)

YES!  That's the answer!

Well, I'm out for now, but I'll see if I can come up with some other riddles.

Stupot

Hooray! I had a feeling that was right \o/

Babar

Cloaked in green, and decked in 800 pearls
I waited outside my husband's house, with 800 other girls.

Not a similar solution to Renodox's puzzle, but probably still easy. I've got another one if you guess this one, though (although you could ask a riddle instead). And...I hope it doesn't count overmuch as sexist? :D
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

selmiak

Stupot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk