Suggestion for Improvement: New default walkable area ID

Started by Milhouse, Fri 28/12/2012 02:27:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Milhouse

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 30/12/2012 15:11:33
But if you ask questions on the forum, as you can see people are glad to help, and overall the result is very good!
I have noticed that and appreciate it very much. I hope you don't mind my jokes :)

BigMc

The git book suggests the same branching model as the article I posted earlier (see "Branching Workflows"), the article describes it just in more detail.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Milhouse on Mon 31/12/2012 00:01:43And I agree with Crimson Wizard that you should know how to organize versions. That's the task of a project manager or project manager team. Who has done that task so far?

Chris Jones. :D

Well, tzachs lately.

I feel like this is going more offtopic (this is a thread about walkable area ID, yes?), just want to mention that so far the Editor and Engine were developed separately, and engine development does not have strict short-term goals.

Milhouse

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 31/12/2012 07:52:24
I feel like this is going more offtopic
This might be off topic again...
I'm not able to compile the github version. For AGS.native the linker isn't able to resolve some external references (e.g. symbol __rgb_a_shift_32). As the editor depends on that assembly at compile time I get an error message (could not load referenced assembly). Might someone check the AGS.editor.full solution or provide me with information to solve that problem? Btw the editor of the SVN version I checked out earlier didn't depend on the native assembly. I'm using VS2010 Ultimate on a Win7 64 bit machine. Thanks.

Slasher

Oops... wrong post... sorry

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Milhouse on Mon 31/12/2012 12:01:08
I'm not able to compile the github version. For AGS.native the linker isn't able to resolve some external references (e.g. symbol __rgb_a_shift_32). As the editor depends on that assembly at compile time I get an error message (could not load referenced assembly). Might someone check the AGS.editor.full solution or provide me with information to solve that problem? Btw the editor of the SVN version I checked out earlier didn't depend on the native assembly. I'm using VS2010 Ultimate on a Win7 64 bit machine. Thanks.
There are two solutions for the editor: AGS.Editor.Full and AGS.Editor.NoNative. But I see I made a mistake but adding an AGS.Native reference to Editor project (I think I did this to make sure it always keep AGS.Native up to date whenever I build Editor at the times I did big changes to the code, shared between Engine and Native). I may remove that reference (you may do that for your local copy meanwhile).
Second thing is that the Native project, as well as Engine, is not compatible as-is with MSVS 2010. I think certain fix could be made: open Project properties, "General" -> "Platform Toolset" -> should be set to v90. But you have to have at least 2008 Express installed. IIRC that worked for me.

Milhouse

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 31/12/2012 14:04:34
I may remove that reference (you may do that for your local copy meanwhile).
I tried that but there's code used in that project that depends on that reference!
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 31/12/2012 14:04:34
Second thing is that the Native project, as well as Engine, is not compatible as-is with MSVS 2010. I think certain fix could be made: open Project properties, "General" -> "Platform Toolset" -> should be set to v90. But you have to have at least 2008 Express installed. IIRC that worked for me.
That'll take a while getting it running. At the moment I'm short on time.

Crimson Wizard

My apologies, I told a wrong thing.
Editor always had a reference to AGS.Native, of course. If you don't build one, you should just get one somewhere and put to the folder where Editor can find it during compilation (and run).
It looks like in past CJ has kept and updated the AGS.Native.dll under source control, in Editor/References folder. I seem to break this step in building process, so native lib is no longer put where it should be.
I made a commit, which fixes it, also uploaded recently built library there. Please tell, if this solves your troubles.

(Remember to use "AGS.Editor.NoNative" solution)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk