Other Resolutions.

Started by Calin Leafshade, Sat 29/12/2012 18:09:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulaman

I didn't read the whole thread, but what about dynamic resolutions?

I mean, I create a room with 1680 x 1024 and on a monitor with this resolution it shows in its original size, but on a monitor with only 1024x1024 (only assumed resolution) it is a scrollable room.

I hope it is clear.
Zak: Komm mit mir Sushi.
Zak: Come with me Sushi.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Rulaman on Tue 17/09/2013 21:26:44
I didn't read the whole thread, but what about dynamic resolutions?

I mean, I create a room with 1680 x 1024 and on a monitor with this resolution it shows in its original size, but on a monitor with only 1024x1024 (only assumed resolution) it is a scrollable room.

I think that this is theoretically possible to do, but if ever implemented this must be optional setting either global or per room.
Thing is that in 2-d game the screen size is often deliberately used to limit what player may see. Such as to make whole room cutscenes, or, vice-versa, hide part of room to make surprises for player.

EDIT: But really, this is not so simple anyway. This way GUI will look different depending on display resolution, and many screen-coordinates based calculations will work differently.
This is a very big topic, and should be thoroughly discussed before even thinking about putting it in the AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk