MAGS January: "Post-Apocalyptia" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Tue 01/01/2013 21:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Thu 31/01/2013 04:52:55
EDIT: Dammit Ponch!  You beat me by three minutes!   :=
'Cause I'm in the future, baby!  :cool:

Sorry to hear you won't have a game to enter. Your project looked interesting, but I guess Baron Jr. getting the Moose Flu cut into your game making time, eh?  :undecided:

Baron

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 31/01/2013 04:55:58
but I guess Baron Jr. getting the Moose Flu cut into your game making time, eh?  :undecided:

Moose Flu.... or Beaver Fever?  If only there was an expert on Canada at hand to help us sort this out....  ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Thu 31/01/2013 04:59:57
Quote from: Ponch on Thu 31/01/2013 04:55:58
but I guess Baron Jr. getting the Moose Flu cut into your game making time, eh?  :undecided:

Moose Flu.... or Beaver Fever?  If only there was an expert on Canada at hand to help us sort this out....  ;)

Beaver Fever... Man, if I make a sequel to this game, that is TOTALLY going in there, buddy.  :cheesy:

Baron

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 31/01/2013 05:01:15
Beaver Fever... Man, if I make a sequel to this game, that is TOTALLY going in there, buddy.  :cheesy:

Beaver Fever is actually no laughing matter.  I had it a couple times in my early 20s, and it messed me right up.   ;)

Congratulations on finishing, by the way.  :)

Ponch

Couldn't have done it without your help, Baron. And thanks for the Lake Winnipeg joke.  :smiley:

Will you be releasing your MAGS project in some form in the future? It looks pretty nifty.

Baron

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 31/01/2013 05:11:18
Will you be releasing your MAGS project in some form in the future? It looks pretty nifty.

Nah.  I'll just toss it on the pile of broken dreams along with all the other tosh.   :P

Perspicacity1

I'm Still Here
Link

I managed to put the finishing touches on my entry right before the deadline. Or at least the deadline in my timezone. I wanted to expand on the base survival gameplay but that would've added on more time than I had this month. This is closer to an actual game than my previous entries but not quite there yet. Then again, I guess that's what next month is always there for.

I also used the default AGS character because it would have taken too long to make my own and it would probably look terrible anyway. Is it fine if I do that?

Ponch

Woot! A challenger appears! May the best AGSer win, sir.  :)

Atelier

Coool, thanks for the entry Perspicacity! There's nothing better than a surprise showdown (and foiling Ponch's default win :tongue:) It always makes me happy to see people putting in such effort with the little time they have.

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

I'm Still Here by Perspicacity1
2034 A.C. (After Canada) by Ponch

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Voting ends 14th Feb.

Ponch

Quote from: Atelier on Fri 01/02/2013 21:45:43
Coool, thanks for the entry Perspicacity! There's nothing better than a surprise showdown (and foiling Ponch's default win :tongue:) It always makes me happy to see people putting in such effort with the little time they have.
Oh noes! My easy win has been, like, stolen, eh? Now I'll have to buy votes (or use steroids) if I'm gonna win. But which is it? Do I spend my cash to bribe voters? Or do I save the money for performance enhancing drugs? Darn it, I don't know how to win one of these things! (wrong)

Oh well. There's only one thing I can do. Atelier, expect a couple of hookers to show up at your front door soonly. When they say they're "feng shui decorators" sent by "Uncle Cow," you just let 'em in, okay?

Atelier

Your entry will either earn you a job in the diplomatic corp or help you to meet a very sticky end (maple syrup will be involved). Only time will tell I guess :wink:

All take note: I've changed the format of the voting notification and will now include it in the first post of every thread when voting is on. Hopefully this will make it easier for people to download the entries, and I hope will encourage more people to vote. Seems a bit silly having to search through each page to find the links to vote.

Eggie

Is anyone else having trouble leaving the FastStop office in Perspic's game? Is it a bug or am I just not finding the right spot?

Ghost

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 01/02/2013 22:11:40
Atelier, expect a couple of hookers to show up at your front door soonly. When they say they're "feng shui decorators" sent by "Uncle Cow," you just let 'em in, okay?
You could've had MY vote by sending a nice kettle of Texan chili to my front door. I would've tipped the delivery boy, too. Can you never take the EASY way, man?

Also: Voted! Both entries were pretty nice (especially with such a dreadful theme)!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Perspicacity1,
What am I doing in this game? I feel like I missed something.. was there a readme or anything?

Perspicacity1

Oops! I actually had a small bit of setup at the beginning when the game first loaded but I commented it out when I was testing and guess never put it back in.

The general idea is that you need to explore and find a way to keep yourself busy in the world. You might also want to find a way to use your computer.

Frodo

Atelier

Results:

I'm Still Here by Perspicacity 2 votes
2034 A.C. (After Canada) by Ponch 11 votes

Congrats Ponch!

Thank you to everybody who entered and voted.

Ponch

w00t!  ;-D ;-D ;-D

Thanks for the votes, people. I shall get to work on a theme. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk