Regions Light level resets Character.ChangeView ?

Started by MiteWiseacreLives!, Wed 23/01/2013 08:57:58

Previous topic - Next topic

MiteWiseacreLives!

I hope this isn't crazy talk, but..
I have changed the normal view & speech view for my main character following an event, using  character.changeview(); and character.SpeechView = ;
Works all fine, except in one room that has several lighting levels via regions. It seems that as the character crosses the regions it sets the normal view back to the original, and when I leave the room the character switches back to the correct new view.
Is this some quirk with light levels? or am I missing something obvious?
Thanks

Khris

Needless to say, this shouldn't be happening on its own, so chances are, it isn't.
Does this happen for every region in that room or a specific one? Are you using a special setup like a module or a template?
Are you positive the regions don't have code linked to their events?

Crimson Wizard

Also check if you are using "Area specific view" property on any walkable area.

Khris

I also thought of that but couldn't find it in 3.21 or 2.72? Where's that setting again?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Khris on Wed 23/01/2013 11:24:05
I also thought of that but couldn't find it in 3.21 or 2.72? Where's that setting again?
In 3.21 its on Walkable area's property pane. Interesting thing is, I do not see any script functions that would set or remove such property.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Area specific view is set to 0.
It's strange, I can enter the room from 3 other rooms and from each entry the char goes back to view 1, but when I leave into another room he goes back to view 42.. Got to be something with the room, but I have very little going on other than some light level stuff.
Note: I set the light levels all to 100 and the room is still acting the same wrong way, must be something else in my script, I'll keep looking.
I can solve this by just checking a variable and using LockView in the Room after fade-in, its just that its making me crazy not knowing what's going on here. Was just taking a wild chance this happens to someone else or that ChangeView doesn't work exactly as I thought.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Wed 23/01/2013 21:20:54
It's strange, I can enter the room from 3 other rooms and from each entry the char goes back to view 1, but when I leave into another room he goes back to view 42.. Got to be something with the room, but I have very little going on other than some light level stuff.
Err... what about "PlayerCharacterView" property for the given room, is it set to something different from 0?

MiteWiseacreLives!

Wow. Your right Crimson, I had that room's PlayerCharacterView set to 1. Built that room months ago, prob thought it was the thing to do :-[
Thanks for your help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk