Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Maybe put "homepage" icon/graphic with a link on top of the forum board?

AGA

For the time being at least, I've made the mention of the full site plaintext rather than a link.

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 06/03/2013 14:28:42
Maybe put "homepage" icon/graphic with a link on top of the forum board?

This actually is in the site code, it's just never worked for some reason.  I'll keep fiddling, try to get it working.

Quote from: Babar on Wed 06/03/2013 13:59:24
Or "Site" or "Main Site", even. No need to AGS-tag every AGS-thing with AGS on the AGS-site and AGS-forum.

I was going for a uniformity of design and titling.  The word AGS (or "Adventure Game Studio") appears no more now than it did before, it just said "AGS Forums" before rather than the full name.

Plus, branding is good!  SEO is important!

Snarky

We have to stay ahead of those American Girl Scouts!

AGA

Or the Aylesbury Grammar School, according to my UK biased Google.

Anyway, I've now got the top image back in at last, and that links to the main site.  I even put the collapse element button back in for anyone who thinks the logo is making their screen too long for comfort.

Snarky

I like the direction of that collapse arrow! Now can we get that applied throughout the forum?  :P

AGA

Where else does it appear?  Haven't really noticed.  Probably been using these forums for so long I've tuned them out.

Snarky

On pretty much every blue bar, like the headers for each sub-forum, on the Quick Reply right above the text window where I'm writing this, and for the "Attachments and other options" on the full message editor. Among others. And it's the wrong way around on every.single.one of them. (Darth will dispute this.)

AGA

Hmm.  Well if you can give me a complete list of where they appear, I can make them like this one.  Otherwise I'll be forced to change this one for consistency's sake!

selmiak

the link is better now, but there is still AGS mentioned twice in the titlebar (of the browser).

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 06/03/2013 21:33:36
the link is better now, but there is still AGS mentioned twice in the titlebar (of the browser).

Oh yes.  I always forget so many of you silly people aren't using the AGS Compact theme.  Fixed now?

selmiak

But silly me IS using the compact theme >:(
But it's fixed now :D

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 07/03/2013 14:49:21
But silly me IS using the compact theme >:(
But it's fixed now :D

Strange, because I didn't change anything on the compact theme today, only yesterday!  And since it's PHP, it can't have been your cache.  Weiiiird.  Oh well!

selmiak

Not that the text between the <title> tags has anything to do with css themes anyways... :P

AGA

Who mentioned CSS? SMF uses different chunks of HTML and PHP depending on which theme you're using.  For every tiny tweak I make to the forums, I have to make the same change to the AGS and AGSCompact themes' files (PHP, CSS, JS, whatever).  It's quite easy to forget to update the AGS theme, since I use the AGSCompact one myself (and vice versa sometimes!).

Scavenger

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: AGA on Wed 06/03/2013 16:39:53
Anyway, I've now got the top image back in at last, and that links to the main site.  I even put the collapse element button back in for anyone who thinks the logo is making their screen too long for comfort.

Can we change the URL to be linked to the image only instead of the whole div? Especially when you want to click the expand/shrink arrow and miss it slightly, or when I just missed the Home button now and it took me to the main page.

Also in Chrome with the compact layout, the bottom pixel of the image covers the blue line above the navigation bar.

Thanks.

Andail

The voting banner is still showing, and it's added a week to the deadline. At least for me it has.

Tabata

As soon as you'll have changed your votes to the correct games it will disappear for you, too

Ryan Timothy B

Browsing the forum with my phone and noticed the Moving Thread somehow took its name literally and moved to the RON forum? Lol One of the mods browsing the forum while drunk again? ;)

Peder 🚀

That's because it IS literally a moving thread:

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53
But, to add to the confusion (and this is the best part, but probably the part that will create chaos) is that the thread moves forums. It could be in hints and tips. It could be in Beginners tech.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk