Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

I'm trying to install that tapatalk thing people going on about, but it's not going well.  This was apparently a consequence.  It'll be sorted eventually.

cat

Thanks for fixing the big text, AGA. This was really bothering me.

AGA

Images should be fixed now - people have the option to link to up to three images, and they will be automatically mirrored locally.  I've tested it out, but if someone wants to take the opportunity to upload two more screenshots to their game that'd be helpful.

AGA

tapatalk is now installed, and seems to work fine on my tablet.

Khris

Yup, very nice, thanks!

Stupot

How does it work? I want to try it on my mum's Kindle. Would I need to download an app?

Peder 🚀

Yes, it requires you to download an app: http://www.tapatalk.com/ and it doesn't seem to be available for kindle!

Stupot

Ahh cheers.  Oh well, I just fancied giving it a looksee. Though I'm not about to start downloading stuff on my mum's Kindle either way.

bicilotti

Bug:
1. go to "search game by category" and search something
2. order, say, by date
3. check the topmost "Next page" link. It will point correctly to something like http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/search/2/date/desc
4. not so for the bottom "Next page", which points to http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/search/2

AGA

Curious.  Seems to be fixed now.

bicilotti

Quote from: AGA on Mon 30/12/2013 11:26:06
Curious.  Seems to be fixed now.

Still problems. Search and check, the top ¨next page" link has them sorted (ok), the bottom link has them sorted desc.

Peder 🚀

Currently the issue seems to be like this:

When in an ascending list the next/previous page button on the bottom has "desc/" at the end which is wrong.
On top all the order by buttons show "desc/" at the end of the link which imo is wrong, and only the currently active "filter" should have "desc/" in the link, while non active filters should always link to the ascending list. The border by buttons on the bottom all link to the ascending list which again then imo is correct for all but the currently active filter.

If I go into a descending list the next/previous page etc buttons on top works correctly, the order by buttons are also correct (imo). However the next/previous page on the bottom is clearly trying to include some variable but it seems to be empty as the end of the url looks like this "//".

AGA

Yeah, Peder, I know it's a bit imperfect the way it currently is.  I just wanted to be lazy and use a catchall to build the links for me, rather than have to consider lots more things.  I'll sort it out soon.

jwalt

I'm using an oddball browser and dial-up, so you might want to verify the problem before delving too deeply into it, but I can't seem to get to page 2 of a Game Search query. It keeps returning "Invalid Search." It looks like the name data may not be making it to the page two query? Thanks.

Babar

Nope, you're right, it happens with me too.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Stupot

This has probably been mentioned before but if you click on a forum post from outside the actual boards (say, from the 'recent posts' box on the main website), and then go back to the main forum index, the thread you have just looked at stills shows up as 'new'. Presumably a post only shows as read if you have clicked on it from within the forums themselves. Not that it's a problem, but something I've noticed a lot and thought I'd mention :-D

AGA

Are you saying that the 'new' list on the front page still shows visited posts?  That's supposed to happen, it's the most recent posts on the forums, not just ones you haven't read...

If however you mean that visiting a post on the forums using a direct link doesn't mark that thread as read in the forums software, that doesn't seem to be true, since I just tested it...

Stupot

What I mean is if I click on a link to a post (that is new to me) in the 'From the Forums' list and then go to the forum index page, the board with the post in it will still have a blue cup next to it signifying 'new posts' and if I click on that board the thread I have just visited will still have the orange 'NEW' symbol next to it.  Clicking on that will bring me to the post I have just read and not a new post.

Maybe it does mark as 'read', but it doesn't unmark as 'new'.

[edit]  Okay. I just tested it again and the orange thing didn't come up. :-[ Maybe I imagined it haha. The blue cup still did though, but I guess that's because you're bypassing that page when you jump to the post

AGA

Ah.  Well it's not important enough to fix.  Plus that's core SMF behaviour, not my fault.  If you're that bothered, report it to the official SMF bug tracker!

Stupot

Well, as I said.
Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 21/01/2014 12:40:24Not that it's a problem, but something I've noticed a lot and thought I'd mention :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk