Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

click on the first thumbnail, then in the imagepopup browse through the images.
I don't know how the display is handled in the popup, I'd just use getimagesize(); on every displayed image and not assume that all images for one game are in the same ratio or size.

AGA

Previously that indeed didn't work, but I fixed it last night.  Sure you don't have an old version of the page cached or something?  Now all images should be scaled up / down according to their true dimensions.

selmiak

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I tried it in 2 different browsers and it didn't work, now it does though! ;-D

AGA

Promise I didn't touch the code since last night!

selmiak

I probably checked it in 2 browsers before and it was cached in both or so, no idea, now it works, thanks! ;-D

selmiak

Is it just my firefox acting up or are there no more bbcode markup buttons in the reply form?

Funkpanzer

This is an incredibly minor issue but the 'PR' option in profile settings shows the icon and text for 'Web-Design' on the forums, and has a broken link when viewing a user profile.

CaesarCub

Hi
This is more a suggestion than a bug.
It's about zoomable images in Chrome. I noticed that the thread was locked, and I wasn't sure about opening a new one.

Since version 41 Chrome accepts a CSS property that would enforce the nearest-neighbour resizing:

image-rendering: pixelated; [Link]

Please consider adding it to the zoomable images, the blurry pixel art makes me sad.

Peder 🚀

I've not read up on this feature but do you know if any other browsers pick up this CSS property and if any of them have issues?
I agree too that blurred pixel art is not nice, but would this property make non pixel art screenshots look different too?

Worth doing some testing I guess :).

CaesarCub

The way CSS works, it ignores any property not supported, so it shouldn't overlap or break any other CSS styles.
Having some CSS like this:

Code: css
image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges;
image-rendering: pixelated;

Would make Firefox take the first value and ignore the second (since the implementation of pixelated is not done yet)
And it would make Chrome ignore -moz-crisp-edges, since it's a mozilla specific value.

Here is a link with more details [Link]

Peder 🚀

Oh, I know how CSS works, I was purely wondering if the pixelated value if supported by any other browsers have any known issues with them ;).
Hopefully AGA will read this and try it out...

AGA

We currently have a 'use what you support' setup like that. I'll see if I can update it soon to match the latest technologies.

AGA

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/WbYBTM5.png[/imgzoom]

Can't really see a difference personally, and it already looked fine for me on Firefox...

CaesarCub

From what I can see on the css, you have a "@-moz-document domain(adventuregamestudio.co.uk)" that will make sure that the CSS block is only run on Mozilla browsers and skipped by Chrome, IE and the rest.
Spoiler

Code: css

@-moz-document domain(adventuregamestudio.co.uk) 
	{
	li.avatar a img.avatar 
		{
		/*width:auto !important;
		height:auto !important;*/
		max-height:120px;
		max-width:120px;
		}
	div.post img[src$=".png"], div.post img[src$=".gif"], div.post img[src$=".PNG"], div.post img[src$=".GIF"] 
		{
		image-rendering:optimizeSpeed;				/* Legal fallback                 */
		image-rendering: pixelated;
		image-rendering:-moz-crisp-edges;			/* Firefox                        */
		image-rendering:-o-crisp-edges;				/* Opera                          */
		image-rendering:-webkit-optimize-contrast;	/* Chrome (and eventually Safari) */
		image-rendering:optimize-contrast;			/* CSS3 Proposed                  */
		image-rendering: crisp-edges;
		-ms-interpolation-mode:bicubic;				/* IE8+                           */
		}
	}

[close]

AGA

For those silly enough not to use Firefox, I've removed that check.  Should hopefully apply to all browsers now:

[imgzoom]http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/Smileys/AGS/smiley16_smiley.png[/imgzoom]

CaesarCub

Sweet
It works great in Chrome now :D

And I'm so not getting on the browser wars. Except for IE. I hate IE.

Danvzare

Quote from: AGA on Tue 26/07/2016 10:55:05
For those silly enough not to use Firefox, I've removed that check.  Should hopefully apply to all browsers now:
I used to use Firefox, but then a driver issue caused it to crash my computer. So I started using Chrome (which didn't crash my computer for some reason) until I got the driver issue fixed. And then I continued using Chrome, because why not.

Also, that picture is still blurry for me, but I'm using Version 51.0.2704.103 m, so I'm guessing that my version is merely out of date. Which is nice to know.

CaesarCub

I have that version of Chrome (well, not anymore since by checking the about tab it is updating)
I recommend you try doing Ctrl+F5 or some other cache clearing thing.

AGA

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 26/07/2016 15:23:39
Also, that picture is still blurry for me, but I'm using Version 51.0.2704.103 m, so I'm guessing that my version is merely out of date. Which is nice to know.

Quote from: CaesarCub on Tue 26/07/2016 15:26:38
I have that version of Chrome (well, not anymore since by checking the about tab it is updating)
I recommend you try doing Ctrl+F5 or some other cache clearing thing.

Go to http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/Themes/AGS/css/index.css or http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/Themes/AGSCompact/css/index.css (depending on the theme you use), and CTRL+R.  Should update your style sheets, Danvzare.

Stupot

It's not really a bug, I guess, but I swear the timestamp of the AGS forum is 2 or 3 minutes too fast.

I first noticed this a few months ago when I loaded the page and the time stated was one minute faster than the one on my phone. Fast forward a few months and there's now a 3 minutes difference. I don't think it's my phone's time being too slow. I've checked against multiple sources (TV, train station etc) and it's been pretty much bang on.

Anyone else noticed this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk