Global Game Jam 2013

Started by tzachs, Sun 27/01/2013 22:16:02

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

So, did anyone participate in last weekend's Global Game Jam 2013??

Our game can be played here.

It's sort of a mash-up between lemmings and The Incredible Machine, only the lemmings are blood cells and the machine is the human heart (the theme was heartbeat).

The game page on GGJ website is here.

Man, it was a lot of fun, but damn hard. I'm beaten, can barely think now...

Ghost

Fun game, and the "whee" is adorable! How long did you work in this; it's simple but plays really smooth...

tzachs

Thanks Ghost!

The "whee" and the rest of the sfx were made by Noa (not all of them made it through to the game).
We worked for 48 hours on the game (all games in the jam should be made in 48 hours).
We started out as a group of 5, but then Noa left to help another group which was short staffed so we remained 4. Then a programmer bailed and we remained 3, and then a graphic artist decided to go Parkouring (!!!), broke his leg and had to be hospitalized so in the end we were left only 2 people (not counting the music which we got from a musician that worked from home).

Eggie

Aww great concept. When are you adding the Lemmings-style 100+ levels and modding capabilities?

tzachs

Thanks Eggie!
You already have modding capabilities, it's open source!

100+ levels should be ready by end of the week, random level generation in two weeks.. 

Ponch

Fun little game, Tzachs. Doubly so considering the time frame involved.  :cool:

Ghost

Quote from: tzachs on Mon 28/01/2013 21:45:35
100+ levels should be ready by end of the week, random level generation in two weeks..

DLC?  ;)

m0ds

Fun little strange thing...nice one tzachs and team! No wonder people have palpitations if those things are jumping around on trampolines in your heart...!!

tzachs

Thanks guys!

Mods, yes, we knew it would shock a lot of people, there's a lot of ignorance going around regarding biology of the heart, that's why we aimed to make it as accurate as possible.

Ghost, I don't think that the DLC (Democratic Leadership Council) would be interested in the game, but thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try to talk with them.

LimpingFish

I like it! Can't get very far, though. :(

I also really dig the concept.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk