2034 A.C. (After Canada) [MAGS]

Started by Ponch, Thu 31/01/2013 04:41:23

Previous topic - Next topic

bluber2009

Love the gfx and the overall style of the game. However, I think I don't get all the jokes, maybe due do my limited english skills or my lack of knowledge about canada, 

Ponch

Yeah, Ghost had the same issues when he was playtesting it. I can only hope that the charm of the characters and their world carry the day for those who don't "get" the subtleties of Canada -- which is everyone, basically.  (laugh)

Glad you liked the game. Thanks for playing.

Baron

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 08/02/2013 00:22:05
...for those who don't "get" the subtleties of Canada -- which is everyone, basically.  (laugh)

Nobody "gets" the subtleties of Canada.  You have to earn them.   (nod)  There's a 1000 blackfly bite initiation before we start sharing our subtleties with outsiders. ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Fri 08/02/2013 02:19:10
Nobody "gets" the subtleties of Canada.  You have to earn them.   (nod)  There's a 1000 blackfly bite initiation before we start sharing our subtleties with outsiders. ;)
As someone who resided briefly in Canada, it's totally worth the flies because Canada produces stuff like this: Bacon Flavored Beer  :shocked:

Canada is decades ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to beer technology. Truly, they have won the Cold (Beer) War.  :cool:

LUniqueDan

Quote from: Baron on Fri 08/02/2013 02:19:10

ROFLMAO

Good grief Ponch, I'm downloading it...
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ponch

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Fri 08/02/2013 20:12:34
Good grief Ponch, I'm downloading it...

A decision you will not regret, Dan. (Unless you're Canadian, that is)

Ah.... Well then...  :sealed:

Gosh! When did we let all these Canadians into our nice, clean forums?

Ghost

Yeah, Ghost had the same issues when he was playtesting it.

I'd like to make this clear, I ALWAYS have issues. It's practically my trademark.

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 09/02/2013 15:07:47
Yeah, Ghost had the same issues when he was playtesting it.

I'd like to make this clear, I ALWAYS have issues. It's practically my trademark.
Easily confuddled. That's your problem, sir. That and all the beer and staying up all night on the interwebs when you should be resting up for another day of work. Those people in the hospital are counting on you, Ghost. And you're showing up hung over and trying to make everyone believe it's "teh diabeetus". You're not fooling anyone, sir.  (wrong)

Stee

Played the game Ponchy! MY first AGS game of the year. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Beauty eh?

<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Xionix

Damn, you fight for podcast rights, make ppl fly to Canada without having to go in a plane, you must be the best fictional forum cow ever!!! I will give this one a try, I hope Im smart enough to understand its complexities.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 09/02/2013 01:34:52A decision you will not regret, Dan. (Unless you're Canadian, that is)

Hey, cut that out! We Canadians probably enjoyed it the most!

SHADOW

Ponch

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 25/02/2013 15:12:18
We Canadians probably enjoyed it the most!
Another Canadian in our forums! Goodness, it's practically an invasion! A well-mannered invasion!  :shocked:

Stee: Thanks, dude. Glad you liked it, eh?
Xionix: Don't worry if you don't get all the jokes. Canada is very tricky that way.  :cool:

Airborne

Nice game, eh?

How amazing that you finished a relatively content-rich game in such a tight schedule, buddy!  You never fail to surprise us, Ponch.

Well, if your Barn Runner can keep paces like this... (nod)

Ponch

Quote from: Airborne on Wed 27/02/2013 08:11:20
if your Barn Runner can keep paces like this...
I wish I could, eh? Unlike 2034 A.C., with it's simple sprites, all the art in Barn Runner is hand drawn. I literally draw each and every frame of a walkcycle on paper with a pen and then scan it in to turn them into sprites. Drawing and scanning all those actors and backgrounds is very time consuming. I wish I could turn out the Barn Runner games this fast, but I haven't found the trick to it yet.  :P

Anyhooo, thanks for playing After Canada, Airborne. I'm glad you liked it.  ;-D

kconan

Will there be another tweaked version in the future?  A sequel perhaps?   8-)

Frodo

Quote from: kconan on Sat 02/03/2013 18:32:11

That would be good, eh?   :smiley:

Ponch

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 02/03/2013 21:00:40
Quote from: kconan on Sat 02/03/2013 18:32:11
That would be good, eh?   :smiley:
There will indeed be another adventure for Paige Rowsdower. But that's a donut I'm keeping under wraps for now, eh?  :cool:

Danman

Really looking forward to trying this.. i just moved to Canada..And it is true.. everyone with ey? the weathers cold eh? haha

Ponch

Quote from: Danman on Tue 19/03/2013 04:30:33
Really looking forward to trying this.. i just moved to Canada..And it is true.. everyone with ey? the weathers cold eh? haha
You're IN Canada?!? 8-0 You lucky duck! Quick! Go to Tim Horton's for a donut! Then wash it down with some coffee from Second Cup! Then grab a burger at Harvey's for lunch! Then go to a hockey game to watch a good fight. Ooh! I'm so jealous!  (laugh)

I hope you like the game (and the nation), eh?

Danman

haha yeah..Been to Tim Hortons too much haha.. Its only like -15 haha.. This my first post on ags in like 3 years.. Planning on coming back.. haha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk