2034 A.C. (After Canada) [MAGS]

Started by Ponch, Thu 31/01/2013 04:41:23

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Hey Ponch, I'm sorry for playing your game only now, lots to do and little time, you know how it is!
First impressions are great, I've never been to Canada and probably never will but it does feel like I'm there. I can picture what I'm reading with a Canadian accent because I deal with Canadian customers from time to time where I work, so next time I'll meet them I'll have a inner smile!
Anyway, the game is pretty cool and you've found a lead protagonist capable of rivalling with your own best creations.

Take care, buddy!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ponch

Quote from: miguel on Tue 19/03/2013 12:37:30
I can picture what I'm reading with a Canadian accent because I deal with Canadian customers from time to time where I work, so next time I'll meet them I'll have a inner smile!
AGS: Bringing the world together since the days of DOS.  :cheesy:

donkeymilk

Brilliant,brilliant,brilliant,brilliant,brilliant,eh?
Makes canada cool!
Please,please put the missing/cut parts in so we can play this again.
I won't forget this game for a long time!
original.imaginative and very funny,this deserves an award,hands down!

Ponch

Quote from: donkeymilk on Sun 07/07/2013 04:11:08
brilliant,eh?
Makes canada cool!
Canada is always cool, eh? Just ask our resident Canadians, Baron and Ryan Timothy. Well, you could ask them if Canadian Summer hadn't already come and gone (July 1st through July 2nd), and now they're back inside their cozy igloos, buried all snug-a-bug under three meters of snow. Ah, the light snowfalls of July. So much better than the onrushing glaciers that come tearing into town around November or so.

Anyhoo, thanks for playing my game, buddy. Glad you liked it and I hope you like the sequel coming out later this year. Beauty, eh?

Adeel

I played your game a little to get a vague idea as to how is the game. Its good. I will play it soon enough. However, this is the one thing which made me comment here:

Spoiler
    Your game very well shows that you don't have to draw all the animations for your character. I loved the way she just "floated". If I run out of time for OROW, I'll just take a leaf out of your book and follow your style. I liked your style :) and due to this: I hate you!  (laugh)
[close]

Ponch

Adeel, my entire game design philosophy is all about finding creative ways to cut corners! ;)

Corby

I played this a few months back, and as a Canadian, really enjoyed it. I haven't heard "Tripod" being used as an insult since the early 90s. :)

Ponch

Quote from: Corby on Mon 08/07/2013 00:20:29
I played this a few months back, and as a Canadian, really enjoyed it. I haven't heard "Tripod" being used as an insult since the early 90s. :)
Most everything I know about Canada I learned from Bob and Doug in the 80s and a few personal forays into the Great White North (mostly in the 90s). Tripod is one of my favorite "Canadianisms" ("Knob" takes the top spot, of course).

I'm pleased you liked my game. As a Canadian, you have a special understanding of how closely I was able to capture the "Canadian Experience," eh buddy? Yah. Beauty. :wink:

And as a Canadian, I hope you appreciate your unique position in the world: You don't have to get your Timmies through the mail, like I do.

Pictured: It costs almost twelve dollars to get this mailed to me last week.

However, you do have to drink milk from poly bags. So I guess being Canadian has it's down side too, eh? :=

MiteWiseacreLives!

I haven t seen milk in a bag since I was a kid... then again I personally just milk the moose tied up outside my igloo.

Ponch

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Mon 08/07/2013 04:08:29
I haven t seen milk in a bag since I was a kid
Really? I thought I saw some the last time I was there. But it's been a while. I'd hate to think Canada had forsaken one of their most quirky traits. :undecided:

Ryan Timothy B

I've never been to B.C., but that's probably why Mite hasn't seen it since he was a child, since it's likely very Americanized over there. Poly bags are so much better for the environment than giant thick plastic jugs.

Do you actually order in Timmies coffee? I actually prefer McDonald's coffee now that they started selling it and trying to compete with Tim's.

And I badly need to finish playing this game. I got pretty far with it but never got around to completing it. So far it's quite hilarious.

Ponch

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 08/07/2013 06:06:32
I've never been to B.C. ... since it's likely very Americanized over there.
Hmmm... A plot hook is developing in the back of my mind...

QuoteDo you actually order in Timmies coffee? I actually prefer McDonald's coffee now that they started selling it and trying to compete with Tim's.
Heck yes I did! Here in El Paso, Timmies coffee is like something delightful and exotic brought back by Marco Polo or something. A Canadian dude sent me a ten dollar Tim Horton's gift card after playing this game. How could I resist ordering some (mostly) free coffee with it? :cheesy:

QuoteAnd I badly need to finish playing this game. I got pretty far with it but never got around to completing it. So far it's quite hilarious.
Since you're listed as a playtester for this game, I'd agree that it's probably past time you finished it. :=

MiteWiseacreLives!

Now that I think of it, I can remember when we were fazing out milk in bags at the grocery store. Customers were totally angry, Canadian angry not normal angry. The coffee was a very wise decision, I don't think Timbits would travel as safely (neither the doughnuts nor the little kids).

Corby

QuoteMost everything I know about Canada I learned from Bob and Doug in the 80s and a few personal forays into the Great White North (mostly in the 90s).
I recall Twelve Beers of Christmas was a holiday classic when I was younger. :) At any rate, I did notice quite the homage in your game.

QuoteI haven t seen milk in a bag since I was a kid...

I'm on the bagged milk right now. When I got my first apartment, the milk bag container was up there along with other essentials, like a can opener.

Ponch

Quote from: Corby on Mon 08/07/2013 08:41:15
I'm on the bagged milk right now.
That's the spirit! Embrace your addiction! You can't get help until you admit there's a problem. :=

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Ponch

Quote from: AprilSkies on Mon 09/06/2014 17:21:06
Hey Ponch, give a look there:
http://www.oldgamesitalia.net/recensioni/2034-ac-after-canada
Oh man, that is so cool. I can't read a word of it, but they seemed to like it! :cheesy:

kaput

HAHAHA! That is some freckin amazing advertising for a signature, Ponch. Gonna have to get me some left overs.... 8-)

I think my eyes burnt out already.

Ponch

The burning is how you know the games are good! :=

And Baron made the signature, not me. Send your retina replacement bills to him. Canada has loads of money these days. They won't even miss it.

miguel

Jesus Christ Ponch! That signature doesn't really go well with the drugs I took yesterday!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk