The Lion's Song

Started by LeafThief, Thu 25/09/2014 07:53:33

Previous topic - Next topic

LeafThief

The Lion's Song
A point & click short story set in the Austrian Alps (and a single room @Darth ;)). You play as Wilma, a composer fresh off of the Viennese University, who has lost her inspiration. Her mentor sends her up to a recluse cabin in the Alps, her sole connection to the outside world being a telephone. But somehow even solitude doesn't spark her imagination. Will she regain it?

Features:

• A single room
  • No puzzles
  • Lot's of conversation

I made the initial version (or demo version) of this game as part of Ludum Dare 30 and am now extending and polishing it. Currently I am planning to add more dialog and emotions. One other main goal at the moment is to integrate more music and sound effects (you'll see what I mean by that after playing the demo).

The Ludum Dare version (which from now on I shall call "DEMO") is available here:

abstauber

Hehe, I found those pics yesterday while searching for db32 palette examples. And know I've learned to which game they belong.

Downloading (the game this time) ;D

Stupot

Nice colour choice. I'll be checking this out :-)

AnasAbdin

Just as you think AGS games are running out of ideas... then something like THIS happens. I love it. Keep up the good work!

LeafThief

Thanks for the kind words.
I just wanted to say that I'd also be very happy about any comments/critiques or suggestions regarding the game/demo. I'd really love to hear what you guys are thinking. Maybe there's some obvious thing I could improve (apart from the points I'm planning to improve) but don't see?

pixelincognito

Stunning art, love the character designs and the colour palette is beautiful - good job man! I cant wait to see more and give it a bash.

PI

AnasAbdin

Quote from: LeafThief on Thu 25/09/2014 09:17:08I just wanted to say that I'd also be very happy about any comments/critiques or suggestions regarding the game/demo. I'd really love to hear what you guys are thinking. Maybe there's some obvious thing I could improve (apart from the points I'm planning to improve) but don't see?

I'm not sure if I missed something, but trying to quit the game during long conversations would be an issue. The graphics are so great it'd be great to see more character animations (cigarette smoke, smoking the cigarette, moving an arm...)

Babar

I saw some press on this, I had no idea it was AGS...seems to obvious now :D.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

abstauber

Well done, sir.
The writing is very intense and your art style perfectly sets the mood for this game. The ending is just beautiful - Hats of to you for coming up with all of these in just 48 hours.

shaun9991

Nice one! I've seen a lot on Twitter about this game, didn't even realise it was AGS!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Lasca

Giraffadon

Looks beautiful.

I love the effect a simple palette brings.

Edit: I downloaded the ludum dare 'demo'.

It was very refreshing to play.
More like an interactive drama; it was intriguing.

(nod);)

selmiak

this looks freaking awesome for these few colors but the gamplay didn't convince me. But I completed it and had a good time. ;-D

Hobo

Played it a couple of weeks ago and I'd say it's an impressive game (or demo) considering the time restraints. The graphics and the atmosphere of the game are really top-notch, some additional animation would probably add more life to it. Hope to play the extended version soon and congratulations on the 4th overall place in the LD jam.

theo

Ohh pretty!

Gonna try this out as soon as time permits. :)

Snake

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Thu 25/09/2014 08:49:12
Just as you think AGS games are running out of ideas... then something like THIS happens. I love it. Keep up the good work!

You took the words right out of my mouth. It must of been while you were kissing me. Oh wait...

Anyway, yeah, I was thinking the same thing pretty much. This is a nice fresh idea for a game. I will download the demo now. I also love the color palette!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk